Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: Sniper's Thread

Jun 28, 2013

okay, I've got a couple loadouts for the TC.  help give you a couple good ideas for some nice sniping loadouts.  tho they should probably be tailored depending on the map a bit here and there.

my go to sniping class is just a hunting rifle with strategist 3, sharpshooter 3 with one point left over. I never use it for a shorty. though perhaps i should... now that i think about it.  i just love the revolver too much even tho i suppose i never use it on my hunting rifle classes... but you could spend that last point on reviver 1, explosion expert , marathon man 1, or pistol zoom 1.

I sometimes mess around with a silenced hunting rifle with sharpshooter 3 as well... but here, i drop strategist altogether. instead of only putting 4 points in it and getting the radar only and not the early respawn potential, i may opt for covert training 2.  a total of 13 points.  though as someone else noted in this thread... on some maps i believe i can see how covert training might be unnecessary when paired with this sniper... lakeside for instance.  when youre likely very far away or if you take care to not flank around the immediate area, lack of covert doesnt hurt you much at all.  also consider the fact that you still do have that glint from your scope.  its strength would lie at striking from someplace far away and not directly in the enemy's line of sight.  maybe i'd put hawkeyed 3 here instead of covert 2. Im not quite sure... but on a smaller map yeah you might still want covert 2.

then theres also a possible sharpshooter 3, covert 2, military sniper loadout.  again maybe covert isnt as important here but i absolutely think it works better here than with a silenced rifle for flanking and lining up instant down/execution headshots. 

as you can see, I always have sharpshooter 3 there... maybe some people are beast enough to not use it habitually.  that might better aid a silenced sniping class or one with covert training, however.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 173 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

@sanddude20

Do you depend entirely on ur team-mates when they get close?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 173 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jun 28, 2013
K im using 2 different kinds of load outs for small maps vs big maps. Think I'll go with yours on the small maps and I'll go with the one I suggested earlier in smaller maps. Dunno if im gonna drop sharpshooter entirely for smaller maps though hmmmmmmm
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 173 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 28, 2013

lAugustBurnsRedl wrote:

I don't snipe.....

yet I'm posting in this thread :smileytongue:

Well that's not very productive of you...

...me too. I'm curious because my girlfriend is a sniper in most games, and I suck, but want to have tips in case I can talk her into playing this.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 173 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Kay for small maps
shorty

Silenced HR
Hawkeyed 3
Crafter 1

Explosive expert

I think this is what imma stick with

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 173 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I think bigger maps are the one where you might wanna sacrifice sharpshooter or covert. but when trying to get angles on individuals who are inside of buildings and stuff like that... on smaller maps? it can be important to be able to flank around stealthily and infiltrate the area at which point you would be in much closer quarters. when going for headshots against aware or closer individuals sharpshooter becomes all the more important. I'd say that maybe the **bleep**, checkpoint, and lakeside would be good maps where you could potentially bring a silenced sniper with neither sharpshooter nor covert but I wouldn't do that otherwise. even so you would have to play a certain way and avoid the enclosed areas.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 173 (841 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jun 28, 2013

upon giving it more thought... I think that hawkeyed 3 and sharpshooter 3 along with either a silenced hunting rifle or just an unsilenced one might be in many ways vastly superior to what I was using which was a regular hunting rifle with strategist 3 and sharpshooter 3. this alternative allows for the use of a silenced rifle and i think does the job of a sniper very well.  by calling out enemies youre just opening up opportunities to nail your enemies while they fend off the attacks of your allies. and hawkeyed might actually aid in flanking on smaller maps better than strategist ever could. honestly i only like the strategist map when youre using an unsilenced rifle anyway

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 173 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Now that I'm pretty proficient in the game,

I now switch to my "ninja" build

Machete + covert shiv

If I saved enough parts, I get armor and the machete

I skip the chests/toolboxes

and sneak behind these guys with my silenced shorty, shiv, and machette

It's quite a fun twist on your 4th or 5th round
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 173 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Jun 28, 2013
9mm
Hunting Rifle
Sharpshooter 3
First Aid Training 3
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 173 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15712 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Revolver ( for quick finishes and close encounters)
Hunting Rifle

Hawk eye 3
First Aid 2

The only time I want covert is when there is a sniper on the other team, and we are lighting each other up.
I combine the long range head shots and first aid as a support mechanism, I put people down, front line troops Finish them, and I heal in the middle echelon.
I Finish a lot of games with two downs per execute. Lighting people up, specially groups of close people (level 3), helps the assault team know the situation.

The game not only rewards team work,.it rewards combined arms operations.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 173 (798 Views)