Fender Bender
3207 posts

Re: Sniper's Thread

Jun 29, 2013

Right now I'm actually using a crazy class set up for sniping. I don't use a silencer and my secondary is the revolver. My skills are first aid level 2, gift giver 2 and sharpshotter 1 I believe. But I only snipe when I'm playing with a good group of people, it helps to have someone watching your back when sniping

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 31 of 173 (666 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1254 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

This game is NOT sniper friendly.  You have so many disadvantages being a sniper, yet getting sniper kills brings a rush like no other (besides Moltoving four guys).

The disadvantages of the sniper rifle

- 4 loadout points...more than any other gun??? Have no idea why it's 4

- super clunky to use, super slow to reload, no scoped zoom (only when you spend 1200 parts in upgrading).  Getting two body shots is pretty tough unless you are shooting noobs. 

- semi-auto rifle and the bow are almost as accurate from far range

- maps are not sniper friendly, except Lakeside

- when you get a down/execution, you have to give up your sniper spot and go get your parts and ammo reward, sometimes half way across the map.

- the maps are littered with objects to cover making sniping that much harder.

Sniper friendly maps from most to least --- Lakeside, University, Checkpoint, Dam, Bill's Town, HIgh School.  Not sure about Downtown....nobody picks it.  You would think Bill's Town is sniper heaven but the layout is just too cluttered and all the battles take place in the two side rooms.

My preferred sniper loadout

9mm

Silent HR

Covert 3 

Hawkeyed 3 or Sharpshooter 2

The first thing I spend my dough on is upgrading the sniper rifle to level 2.  At level 2 it becomes actually possible to down someone before they can get away!  Forget about getting the second upgrade, by the time you rake in 1200 using the HR, the match will almost be over.

I'm starting to think that Covert 2-3 is a waste.  Sniper is all about being at a distance and picking off people from far away who are not shooting at you and providing support to your team.  Most of the time when you play sniper in this game you are stationary and not straffing.

I have yet to see anyone beasting with the HR.  It's more for sh!ts and giggles in this game rather than being practical.  You might die less, but you aren't going to rack up tons of downs and executions and not too many parts.

Message 32 of 173 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I gotta disagree. lately I've been the top of the list as far as the most downs and parts.
Message 33 of 173 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 29, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

This game is NOT sniper friendly.  You have so many disadvantages being a sniper, yet getting sniper kills brings a rush like no other (besides Moltoving four guys).

- super clunky to use, super slow to reload, no scoped zoom (only when you spend 1200 parts in upgrading).  Getting two body shots is pretty tough unless you are shooting noobs. 

- when you get a down/execution, you have to give up your sniper spot and go get your parts and ammo reward, sometimes half way across the map.

Sniper friendly maps from most to least --- Lakeside, University, Checkpoint, Dam, Bill's Town, HIgh School.  Not sure about Downtown....nobody picks it.  You would think Bill's Town is sniper heaven but the layout is just too cluttered and all the battles take place in the two side rooms.

9mm

Silent HR

Covert 3 

The first thing I spend my dough on is upgrading the sniper rifle to level 2.  At level 2 it becomes actually possible to down someone before they can get away!  Forget about getting the second upgrade, by the time you rake in 1200 using the HR, the match will almost be over.

I'm starting to think that Covert 2-3 is a waste.  Sniper is all about being at a distance and picking off people from far away who are not shooting at you and providing support to your team.  Most of the time when you play sniper in this game you are stationary and not straffing.

I have yet to see anyone beasting with the HR.  It's more for sh!ts and giggles in this game rather than being practical.  You might die less, but you aren't going to rack up tons of downs and executions and not too many parts.

ya i know, socom maps are so much better for snipers.

Message 34 of 173 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Updated Favorite:

Silenced 9mil
Silenced Sniper
Craft 1
Covert 3
Message 35 of 173 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I use sharpshooter/hawkeye and a silenced hunting rifle.

Who cares about useless covert training 2!!

I have to agree sand.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 36 of 173 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 5, 2013
CT2 works great for when you're engaged in a sneak fight. It obviates the only way a guy can see you if you're moving out of LOS.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 37 of 173 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 5, 2013

MrBadNews- wrote:

Care to share your favorite sniper load out?

Is sharpshooter even necessary?

Do you use the silencer?

Is your handgun equipped with a silencer too?

Do you use covert training 2 or 3 with it?

What is your preffered Purchaseable weapon? Do you even use one?

Do you use different sniper load outs depending on which map won the vote?

Sniper's thread GOOO!!!

revolver

silenced hunter rifle (4)

hawk-eyed lvl 3 (4)

sharp ears lvl 2 (3)

flamethrower (2)

OR

revolver

silenced hunter rifle (4)

hawk-eye lvl 3 (4)

marathon lvl 1 (1)

miltary rifle (4)

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 38 of 173 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

9mm

Silent HR

Covert 3 

Yeah, covert is such a waste for a a sniper. They should be team support using hawk-eyed calling out people for their team making enemy outlines glow in rcool illuminesent red, also shows their head perfectly so you can line them up when they pop out. TEAM WORK MAN TEAMWORK

Message 39 of 173 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Question: sharpshooter reduced pain wobble...

Does that mean if i have a 9mm out and im exchanging shots against an enemy, when he hits me, i dont flinch all over the place and miss my shots? Does anyone know what im talking about?
Message 40 of 173 (548 Views)
0 Likes