Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
43 posts

Re: Sniper's Thread

Jul 17, 2013
There's not really a good load out for the sniper. All you need is sharpshooter, hawk eye and a human aim bot who can just aim straight for the head :smileywink:
Kevin Butler = My Mind Blown

Message 71 of 173 (200 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 17, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Scratch that.  I posted that Sharpshooter was a good booster for snipers, but I now realize it's not a great booster to use when sniping and your loadout points are better spent on Hawkeye (if the opposing team isn't all sporting Covert 3).

The reason why is because when you are sniping, you shouldn't be caught in a gun battle anyways.  You should be picking off targets from the back and side or down below.  If they are shooting at you, you are better off running away or ducking and covering.  Most likely if they are shooting at you and you are trying to snipe them, they will end up killing you first considering how sloooowwww the HR reloads.

Exacually! thats why the miltary rifle is much better than the HR even upgraded which is to expensive.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 72 of 173 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 17, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Solid_Altair wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Scratch that.  I posted that Sharpshooter was a good booster for snipers, but I now realize it's not a great booster to use when sniping and your loadout points are better spent on Hawkeye (if the opposing team isn't all sporting Covert 3).

The reason why is because when you are sniping, you shouldn't be caught in a gun battle anyways.  You should be picking off targets from the back and side or down below.  If they are shooting at you, you are better off running away or ducking and covering.  Most likely if they are shooting at you and you are trying to snipe them, they will end up killing you first considering how sloooowwww the HR reloads.

The Sharpshooter still helps with the sway, right?

It does but the most of effective use of the HR involves quick scoping and lining up for a shot (headshot preferred) before you go into scope.  Something I'm still practicing.

Not true, unless you have a kill dot sticker to your screen its hard to instantly quickscope right on their head. I order some this week so i will be quick scoping soon. Sharpshooter is the best for a sniper.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 73 of 173 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

HR reload is pretty fast at Level2 upgrade (althrough expensive) however I recommend the Sharpshooter perk at least level 2 as it helps with the scope sway/damage wobble across your weapons. But the MS is vastly more powerful althrough the scope time/reload is comparble to starting HR level.

@Desp

I don't any such stickers and I still manage to pull of headshots through a quick scope.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 74 of 173 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

I use:

Shorty

Hunter rifle

Sharpshooter 3

Explosive Expert 1

Miltary rifle

Message 75 of 173 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jul 17, 2013
One more time: your experience isn't everyone else's.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 76 of 173 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9034 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I never use sharpshooter with my hunting rifle. I feel I don't need it.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 77 of 173 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 17, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

HR reload is pretty fast at Level2 upgrade (althrough expensive) however I recommend the Sharpshooter perk at least level 2 as it helps with the scope sway/damage wobble across your weapons. But the MS is vastly more powerful althrough the scope time/reload is comparble to starting HR level.

@Desp

I don't any such stickers and I still manage to pull of headshots through a quick scope.

How? The game lacks a center reticle. And yeah miltary sniper owns Hunter rifle.. i mean its a wal*mart hunter rifle vs a m21 autosniper lol

Message 78 of 173 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 17, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I never use sharpshooter with my hunting rifle. I feel I don't need it.

I never use a silencer, i took it off last night and did best i ever have. They tend to know were im at anyways, the maps are small so its not hard to figure it out.

Message 79 of 173 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

VironZZ wrote:

@Desp

How? The game lacks a center reticle. And yeah miltary sniper owns Hunter rifle.. i mean its a wal*mart hunter rifle vs a m21 autosniper lol

Just aiming at target, aim, using high sensitivity just correct aim in a pull to whichever target it is (I prefer to aim to the left then pull right or pull into position of where I think the head is) I'm posting a video soon to give everyone a little bit of an insight into how I do it but I wouldn't recommend stickers dude they could ruin your TV surface and make your more reliant on them, but they do have their advantages of course!

If never personally either, but you could look into FPS Freak (control freak) they add height to your analog sticks so you can be more accurate in your aiming - quite a lot of snipers etc use them on COD etc.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 80 of 173 (179 Views)
0 Likes