Oct 26 2013
By: sanddude20 Keyblade Wielder 6712 posts

So like purchaseables...

26 replies 332 views Edited Oct 26, 2013

How easy exactly is it to keep ammo for one for basically the entire match? Also, how often might you get ammo for it in supply caches? In interrogation

I've been seeing people run with shotguns, flamethrowers, el diablos, and assault rifles literally from start to finish of the match with these things and getting many many kills with them seemingly never running out of ammo for them.

Feet
Message 1 of 27 (332 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: So like purchaseables...

Oct 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

How easy exactly is it to keep ammo for one for basically the entire match? Also, how often might you get ammo for it in supply caches? In interrogation

I've been seeing people run with shotguns, flamethrowers, el diablos, and assault rifles literally from start to finish of the match with these things and getting many many kills with them seemingly never running out of ammo for them.

Not impossible. But one mistake and you get set back to nothing but your revolver. People lately have been running a purchasble with ANOHTHER primary weapon. It's not easy, but it isn't too hard either.

Message 2 of 27 (329 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Flamethrower fuel is cheap, so is el diablo ammo... Not hard to have ammo for those two during an entire round of survivors (not sure about supply raid, I hardly play that). With crafter 3 I've had many games where I've literally only killed with the el diablo in survivors. Crafter comes in handy too.

Message 3 of 27 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6712 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

I don't know it just seems a bit lopsided when someone has nearly 20+ shotgun shells to burn through a match, yea I kept count in one match, and he is also on the winning team, so I assume he isn't getting ammo from caches, and he had it fairly the entire match starting roughly 3 minutes in...

^

note I said interrogation

Feet
Message 4 of 27 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Oct 26, 2013

20+ ? That's fishy. He could have been stockpiling? I have a shotgun class with crafter 3 and spend the game stockpiling ammo and rain hell on them when we're attacking the box.

Message 5 of 27 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6712 posts

Oct 26, 2013

It wasn't all at once obviously, but he basically used the shotgun through the whole game, it was basically his primary gun, being able to waste 2-3 shells per kill, while btw having armour pretty often which makes it even more messed up in my eyes.

Can't say it was just him, but I noticed in my session tonight of interrogation there was at least 1 guy, whether friend or foe spending like 90% of the match with a purchaseable out.

Feet
Message 6 of 27 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Oct 26, 2013

With the increase parts booster, I was able to maintain a steady flow of ammo on my machine gun with armor on. The fact that nearly everything gave me parts allowed me to do so. Marking, crafting, reviving, healing, and downs would give me a lot of points to spend on ammunition.

He was winning so he was probably gaining a lot of parts.

Message 7 of 27 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3154 posts

Oct 26, 2013

I had around 8400 or so parts in interrogation so its definately doable. Maybe, cheaper ammo boost or cheaper armor boost was used.

Message 8 of 27 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 26, 2013

I am now using Assault Rifle on Interrogation second part loadout (which also consists of Strategist).

I'm only using A.Rifle for second half of the match when lockbox is revealed.

With cheaper ammo booster, I have more than enough ammo. Although I didn't try having the gun throughout the entire match, I wouldn't want executing an enemy by accident before interrogating him. Smiley Tongue

Without the booster, I also have enough parts to buy ammo. As long as you continue to down players, you'll have a steady incoming of parts. 20 shotgun shells is believable if he's using Crafter 3/FAT + Collector 2 or using booster like Increased Parts, Cheaper weapon/ammo, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 9 of 27 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
493 posts

Oct 26, 2013
The Flamethrower, El diablo, and Shotgun are easiest to keep ammo for, (in that order) I believe.
I don't use FT too often, Shotgun moreso, but I've had an urge to use El diablo lately. I think I will today.
Message 10 of 27 (214 Views)
0 Likes