Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2014
By: BrownToilet Lombax Warrior 196 posts

So what extra points does collector go towards to?

15 replies 216 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

Downs and executions? I believe they don't count towards heals, revives, nor crafted gifts anymore? If so, I wish they left it as it is. Might as well not use collecter at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Re: So what extra points does collector go towards to?

Mar 20, 2014
Yeah it still gives you points for all that plus shivs, mollies, bombs, long ranges, hell even crafting, but not healing or gifting. I just wonder what made them do that, did someone complain about collector, or is this really a nerf to farming?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (214 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Mar 20, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
Yeah it still gives you points for all that plus shivs, mollies, bombs, long ranges, hell even crafting, but not healing or gifting. I just wonder what made them do that, did someone complain about collector, or is this really a nerf to farming?

I remember ND said it was because they felt that revives, healing an gifting was giving people too many parts with collector... yet, you still get added parts for opening a lockbox and "last man standing"

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (199 Views)
Wastelander
670 posts

Mar 20, 2014
With all the actual problems there are in the multiplayer, messing with something that was fine to begin with is one of the dumbest things they've done imo
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (192 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Mar 20, 2014
I recall people complaining about something as small as farming, so like the saying goes,"the nail that sticks out gets hammered"…
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (189 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1086 posts

Mar 20, 2014

I did not complain about any change ND decided to introduce so far, but this one really makes me rage. It takes away most of my fun and incentive to run a pure support class with FAT3, Reviver and Collector. I mean come on, farming?? Really? If people are throwing molotovs at themselves and heal to get parts.. pfff, the enemy team will just throw another mollie / bomb at them or use the time they waste to hit 2 other boxes on the map and get items to craft or get a nice positioning on them, whatever.

I never encountered farmers that much, nor would I care because most of the time if the enemy is doing that stuff they waste time and miss other things they could do in the meantime and will just get owned.

Bad idea ND, baaad idea :smileysad:

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (177 Views)
Survivor
1915 posts

Mar 20, 2014
Headshots, opening lockbox, defending it.
Pretty much everything except gifts and healing.
The only use I see for it is a defending class in interrogation with the military sniper. When they are opening the lockbox, headshot them. You get headshot bonus, down bonus,defending lockbox, attacker downed, and some other things.
But TBH, only popping your head out when someone is at your base in the bleachers of the gym is not the smart way to defend. You could easily get overwhelmed if the guy has armor, he'll realize his helmet got shot off and locate you on the map since the Mil sniper isnt silenced.
So in a nutshell, collector is useless.
Nick-A-30 worst streamer of 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Mar 21, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
Headshots, opening lockbox, defending it.
Pretty much everything except gifts and healing.
The only use I see for it is a defending class in interrogation with the military sniper. When they are opening the lockbox, headshot them. You get headshot bonus, down bonus,defending lockbox, attacker downed, and some other things.
But TBH, only popping your head out when someone is at your base in the bleachers of the gym is not the smart way to defend. You could easily get overwhelmed if the guy has armor, he'll realize his helmet got shot off and locate you on the map since the Mil sniper isnt silenced.
So in a nutshell, collector is useless.

Nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (128 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Mar 21, 2014

collector should work for everything!!

I think it's stupid that is not working for heath, gift and reanimate

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (118 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Mar 21, 2014
I encountered less than 10 boosters my entire play time with this game, and most of them were not only in my party, but only did it because we were winning by so much (LMS stage btw) they needed the parts! I'd help just to be a good sport, but honestly does it really hurt anybody?

It helps when you run Crafter and everyone's full on gifts, you just throw a mollie, heal and gift em. I remember this one guy towards the end of a game even wanted me to farm points off of him without asking, and I already met my quota. But actually seeing 2 guys in a corners reviving and healing each other? Very rare...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (109 Views)