Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Solution for how kills are earned

Jun 30, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

cdub420-- wrote:

Lol team player whose obsessed with K/D? Oh the irony.

I'd be just as happy if htey got rid of it all together or added another column for kill to down ratio or a revive number.  for this game how many heals you've gotten or how many revives you've gotten should count more. 

kdr is stupid in this game as it stands though... but people do care.. 

Adding heals, revivies etc would require too much work and would detract from the "not team death match" approach taken.

Message 31 of 36 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10104 posts

Jun 30, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:
Like I said, I'm cool with how it is. It's not a game-breaking issue. It just makes a little more sense to do what I said. I respect your opinions, but I don't see why people are lashing out at me over it. I'm just trying to improve the game fellas.

You say that as if everyone in the thread is lashing out at you.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 32 of 36 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jun 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SpeysideScotch wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

As long as I still get a decent amount of supplies and parts for killstealing, sure.

EDIT: Goddamn smileys.

And that is all the really counts. Thanks Naughty Dog for your unique experience.

Hey, people have to care about something. I prefer to care about Supplies and parts and all that (mainly to get hats, but that's another thing). Some like to care about K/D and I got nothing against that.

I happen to care if there's a slight possibility that Supplies are affected. Like here for example. I think I'd get fewer parts for killstealing according to the idea (since it's just an assist), and I'd prefer that executing someone nets more supplies while keeping it an assist thing.

There's a reason why I'm stealing kills left and right and it's not because of KDR. I mean, I'm top of the leaderboard with the worst KDR in the whole match mainly because I have so much parts I'm like Radioshack.

a kill is 50 parts. a down is 100

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 33 of 36 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jun 30, 2013

SpeysideScotch wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

cdub420-- wrote:

Lol team player whose obsessed with K/D? Oh the irony.

I'd be just as happy if htey got rid of it all together or added another column for kill to down ratio or a revive number.  for this game how many heals you've gotten or how many revives you've gotten should count more. 

kdr is stupid in this game as it stands though... but people do care.. 

Adding heals, revivies etc would require too much work and would detract from the "not team death match" approach taken.

??? and having KDR in there doesn't? the stats are already in teh software for the devs. Adding columns is hardly going to kill them with work. 
KDR is a pointless stat for hte set up of this game. the other stats I mentioned would be far more relevant to a team spirit and how well you're doing as a team mate. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 34 of 36 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 30, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I love conversations in forums

I know it is some funny sh*t is it not? 

Message 35 of 36 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I'll say what I ended up saying last time.

Which is still no.

Don't track "kills" as a statistic when it doesn't actually matter.

Down/Execute/Death ratio. Revive/Death ratio. Maybe even a combination with Down/Execute/Revive/Death all listed together. But the game shouldn't count any arbitrarily-decided event as a "kill" just so you can point to a Kill/Death ratio and wave it in other people's faces.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 36 of 36 (107 Views)