Jun 30 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1363 posts

Solution for how kills are earned

35 replies 286 views Edited Jun 30, 2013
Like myself, I've noticed that other people have complained about how kills are dealt in the multiplayer. Executions are considered kills, whereas downs are not. Downs are more or less an assist In the multiplayer right now. This is how I think it should work.

The player who DOWNS the enemy should get the execution, even if he's not the one who finishes him off. You will get a down for downing him, and the execution once he has been eliminated. If he is revived, you only get the down and not the execution. If a teammates eliminates the enemy, he will get an assist and will also receive the supplies from the body. Basically it will work how it does now, just tweaked a little different. I think this is how it should have worked from the start of the multiplayer. It's ridiculous to me that teammates can steal your hard-earned kills by finishing off a defenseless body.

What do you guys think?
Message 1 of 36 (286 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Re: Solution for how kills are earned

Jun 30, 2013

No.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 36 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I dont' think it should count as an assist to down them. It is affectively a kill. If you leave them for a few seconds on their own they will die. it is a kill imho and it should count as one. 

Getting the stats from the actual execution is retarded imho because you can if you want, just spend the whole match hunting for other peoples downs and killing them. they are a sitting duck. the skill went into downing them not finishing them. 

I do think KDR in this game is an absolute joke. The execution should be worth less in stats than the down imho. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 3 of 36 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 30, 2013

scootgar wrote:

No.

Says the guy who was telling people on the forums the other day that he gets most of his kills from robbing teammates. I can see why you disagree. lol.

Message 4 of 36 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I dont' think it should count as an assist to down them. It is affectively a kill. If you leave them for a few seconds on their own they will die. it is a kill imho and it should count as one. 

Getting the stats from the actual execution is retarded imho because you can if you want, just spend the whole match hunting for other peoples downs and killing them. they are a sitting duck. the skill went into downing them not finishing them. 

I do think KDR in this game is an absolute joke. The execution should be worth less in stats than the down imho. 

No, I mean a down currently at this point in the multiplayer is more or less an assist, because you don't get a kill for it. I agree with everything you said though. It's pretty much what I'm getting across right now.

Message 5 of 36 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6888 posts

Jun 30, 2013

It seems fine the way it is.I work hard to steal executions from a teammate and then ignore their downed bodies.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 36 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 30, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

It seems fine the way it is.I work hard to steal executions from a teammate.

Lol. The community for this game kills me. 

Message 7 of 36 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jun 30, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

scootgar wrote:

No.

Says the guy who was telling people on the forums the other day that he gets most of his kills from robbing teammates. I can see why you disagree. lol.

No.   I'm the one who gets 2 downs for every ex, and doesn't care who executes the enemy.  I'd benefit most from your scheme, but I don't want that enacted.

I'm sure all the variants of scoring have been considered. This one works fine.  

Make another topic if you like.  We'll still say no.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 8 of 36 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6888 posts

Jun 30, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

It seems fine the way it is.I work hard to steal executions from a teammate.

Lol. The community for this game kills me. 

I'll only kill you after someone else downs you.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 36 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

With how shoddy the controls feel, executing someone (with a gun) who is crawling around is sometimes harder than downing them in the first place. It's also more dangerous at times if they crawl around a corner. Blatant kill stealing will happen, but a lot of the time they're securing a kill that would have either got revived or got you killed.

Message 10 of 36 (206 Views)
0 Likes