Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2754 posts

Re: Solution for how kills are earned

Jun 30, 2013

I thought this over and the simplest solution is just counting downs on the leaderboards.  I don't think it is on there, but I would have to re-check, but that would be the easiest thing to do.  If you're concerned with KDR than you could calculate your down/death ratio, even though some of those downs might have resulted in no executions.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 11 of 36 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Everyone keeps forgetting that this is not supposed to be team death match. You are supposed to work as a team to achieve victory and the game supports that meaning.

1. Clans that you and you alone support

2. The support of said clan forces you to work for yourself and in doing so sacrafice the team you are on.

3. Trophies tied to multiplay brings players that would otherwise skip multiplayer into your game

4. said player quickly learn that it far easier to get said trophies by working against the team than with the team.

5. built mechanics into the MP experience to keep those looking for trophies in the MP longer than normal

-- where you healed, revived, given an item because the player was looking out for the team, or did the player have a mission that had 100% clan loss?

Message 12 of 36 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Is this for your stats?

You should think about the team, not your stats. Sure, sometimes it can be REAL annoying to have a random steal your executions, i've experienced... constantly, but at the end of the day that is helping the team win. :smileyhappy:

ND should focus on fixing party splits, btw.
Message 13 of 36 (93 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 30, 2013

bluegears wrote:

With how shoddy the controls feel, executing someone (with a gun) who is crawling around is sometimes harder than downing them in the first place.

I'm sorry, but if you're having a hard time downing a downed enemy, then something is wrong. If you find it easier to take down an armed killer, than a crippled one, then something is up. lol.

Message 14 of 36 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 30, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Is this for your stats?

You should think about the team, not your stats. Sure, sometimes it can be REAL annoying to have a random steal your executions, i've experienced... constantly, but at the end of the day that is helping the team win. :smileyhappy:

ND should focus on fixing party splits, btw.

Trust me, all I care about is winning. K/D is cool, but the whole purpose of competitive gaming is to win, correct? I just think my idea sounds better than what's already implemented. 

Message 15 of 36 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Jun 30, 2013
@HoodlumX your idea may be better, but the hard part is convincing ND of that. :smileywink:
Message 16 of 36 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Well they seem like they've listened to a few ideas on the forums, so maybe they will see this. I'm cool with how it currently is, but it just makes more sense with what I originally said. 

Message 17 of 36 (81 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

HoodlumX I'm getting a little tired of seeing you make the same thread over and over. It's getting old, just stop.We get it your a big-time K/D wh*re...no1 cares. Theres this game called CoD and its all about getting kills and making kill streaks. I think it'd be your new fav. game dude

Message 18 of 36 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

First off, you're an idiot. I've said a million times over that all I care about is winning. I'm totally cool with them keeping it how it is, but logically it makes more sense to do what I said. Why would I be complaining about k/d? I already have over a 3.00 k/d. If anything, wouldn't I want them to keep it the same how it already is? No. I'm just trying to be logical here.

Message 19 of 36 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5883 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I love conversations in forums

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 20 of 36 (63 Views)
0 Likes