Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/20/2011
Offline
118 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 5, 2013

CyVirus wrote:
Just a few minor ideas to make multiplayer even better, most of which are gameplay suggestions.

• The ability to mark a downed enemy. The player who marks the downed enemy could say something like,"Hey look over there, he's down". This could help a lot with the Interrogation mode.

• The ability to pick up your own placed bombs.

• Do not display names above enemies. This is really annoying, many times I'd be hinding from the enemy and as soon as they look in my general direction, if just a centimetre of my head/ hat is poking out it shows my names above my head and then the enemy just chucks a molotov at me and walks away.

• (Forget this one) Unable to be heard by the enemies' listen mode while you crouch walk very slowly. Or at least make it extremely hard to see.

Nice suggestions, i agree with you, these should be implemented! The ability to marked a downed enemy could make hawkeye 2/3 more useful, since you'll see he's direction and also tag nearby enemies too.

 

Picking up bombs, after playing the singleplayer, i though would be like that in multiplayer too. But maybe they did this to make people think harder everytime they want to plant a bomb?

 

The enemy's name above their heads should not be visible, i agree 100% on this and i believe it would still be easy to implement. 

 

I dont think the last one will be implemented, but if it does just make it so if your walking very slowly your slightly less visible in listening mode.

Message 11 of 21 (181 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

CyVirus wrote:
Just a few minor ideas to make multiplayer even better, most of which are gameplay suggestions.

• The ability to mark a downed enemy. The player who marks the downed enemy could say something like,"Hey look over there, he's down". This could help a lot with the Interrogation mode.

• The ability to pick up your own placed bombs.

• Do not display names above enemies. This is really annoying, many times I'd be hinding from the enemy and as soon as they look in my general direction, if just a centimetre of my head/ hat is poking out it shows my names above my head and then the enemy just chucks a molotov at me and walks away.

• Unable to be heard by the enemies' listen mode while you crouch walk very slowly. Or at least make it extremely hard to see.

Those are not "minor" changes. At least from a programming or design standpoint.


Here's a "minor" suggestion:

 

Make announcement about the DLC.  Like.  Now.

 

 

Message 12 of 21 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/13/2013
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 5, 2013

CyVirus wrote:
Just a few minor ideas to make multiplayer even better, most of which are gameplay suggestions.

• The ability to mark a downed enemy. The player who marks the downed enemy could say something like,"Hey look over there, he's down". This could help a lot with the Interrogation mode.

The ability to pick up your own placed bombs.

Do not display names above enemies. This is really annoying, many times I'd be hinding from the enemy and as soon as they look in my general direction, if just a centimetre of my head/ hat is poking out it shows my names above my head and then the enemy just chucks a molotov at me and walks away.


These are all fantastic ideas as some have previously covered.

 

- Picking up your placed bombs is in single player so surely wouldn't be that difficult but im no expert.

 

- Do not display names above enemes is a no brainer. It would add so much to the stealth component of the game as at this point you can just camera pan and names pop up that you may otherwise miss

 

Im not sure anyone could actually pick one negative to these suggestions from a gameplay standpoint

 

 

Message 13 of 21 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6183 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 5, 2013

i agree on bomb pickup, or at the very least, don't default to the thing we just crafted everytime we exit the backpack. I've seen people and have done so myself who place bombs at their feet by mistake, or accidentally spike a smoke, or even worse a molotov directly after exiting their backpack, rather annoying...

 photo Sniper.png
Message 14 of 21 (163 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 06/05/2010
Offline
556 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

CyVirus wrote:
Just a few minor ideas to make multiplayer even better, most of which are gameplay suggestions.

• The ability to mark a downed enemy. The player who marks the downed enemy could say something like,"Hey look over there, he's down". This could help a lot with the Interrogation mode.

• The ability to pick up your own placed bombs.

• Do not display names above enemies. This is really annoying, many times I'd be hinding from the enemy and as soon as they look in my general direction, if just a centimetre of my head/ hat is poking out it shows my names above my head and then the enemy just chucks a molotov at me and walks away.

• Unable to be heard by the enemies' listen mode while you crouch walk very slowly. Or at least make it extremely hard to see.

Those are not "minor" changes. At least from a programming or design standpoint.


Here's a "minor" suggestion:

 

Make announcement about the DLC.  Like.  Now.

 

 


I am not in marketing, I cannot make announcements.

Message 15 of 21 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4780 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013
I do wish names didn't appear above the enemies heads, it would add more to the experience for me. However the devs said it won't happen :smileysad:
tlousig2
Message 16 of 21 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11231 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013

CyVirus wrote:
1. The ability to mark a downed enemy. The player who marks the downed enemy could say something like,"Hey look over there, he's down". This could help a lot with the Interrogation mode.

2. The ability to pick up your own placed bombs.

3. Do not display names above enemies. This is really annoying, many times I'd be hinding from the enemy and as soon as they look in my general direction, if just a centimetre of my head/ hat is poking out it shows my names above my head and then the enemy just chucks a molotov at me and walks away.
  1. Yes.
  2. No. People would just keep picking it up to place it right inside the tool boxes.
  3. Hmmm... no... isn't there a booster for that? Like Covert Training? Even if there isn't i still don't agree with this.

...

Message 17 of 21 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
66 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Hmmm... no... isn't there a booster for that? Like Covert Training? Even if there isn't i still don't agree with this.

Uh, nope. They might as well add that to Covert Training 3. 

 

Message 18 of 21 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
710 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013
There's currently a bug where teammates name tags won't show up so I'm not sure if removing name tags would work. It infuriates me when I use a whole clip just to find out I'm shooting at a god **bleep** teammate. Adding no name tags would confuse the hell out of people.
Message 19 of 21 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: Some minor suggestions for Multiplayer

Sep 6, 2013

The nametag is bad suggestion. Don't touch it. It's fine as it is now.

 

Crouch walk not detected is Covert 2/3. No one will use Covert if you start making this free for everyone.

 

The only thing I support is perhaps not making what you crafted as default item in your hand.

I've placed nailbomb in wrong spot when I tried to reload. I've also seen my teammates smoked themselves after crafting, next to supply box. Definitely a mistake.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos


Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 20 of 21 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes