Dec 09 2013
By: DiamondDM13 Lombax Warrior 217 posts

Something is wrong in the Multiplayer...

[ Edited ]
27 replies 357 views Edited Dec 9, 2013

Hello everyone.

I got the game since launch, I've been playing the MP since then aswell, although I've been taking many breaks to play other games. However, I've been noticing many strange things in the Multiplayer.
Just a few minutes ago, I was playing a Survivors match, and I came upon a guy whose Flamethrower was able to kill me in a second, even with the Full Armor on... And he was not the only person, I've noticed this many times over the course of the last months. There's also other things a guy firing 3 Hunting Rifle shots in second... Or even people killing me with the 9mm with 2 shots, and me using Armor. Not even entering downed state, straight execution...

I mean, I hate getting SmokeShived, but these things have been happening seem a bit too hard to believe are within what the game allows...

So I'd just like to know whether these kind of examples are actually legitimate parts of the game...?

(By the way, Shiving is somewhat arbitrary in whether it works or not. I was playing a match yesterday, and I was behind the guy for like 20 seconds, he didn't see me, and I had the Shiv prompt on screen... Kept pressing it, to no avail... Also, I just had a match end in a tie when my team has 2 players and the opponents had one... And it stayed that way till the round went black...)

Message 1 of 28 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Re: Something is wrong in the Multiplayer...

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

DiamondDM13 wrote:There's also other things a guy firing 3 Hunting Rifle shots in second...

Maybe it was a military sniper and not a hunting rifle?

Or even people killing me with the 9mm with 2 shots, and me using Armor

Maybe someone was also shooting you with a bow and you didn't see them?

I was behind the guy for like 20 seconds, he didn't see me, and I had the Shiv prompt on screen... Kept pressing it, to no avail...

That happens to me as well sometimes, although never as long as 20 seconds, maybe 2 or 3 seconds and I'll spam triangle really fast and it'll work, or i'll change my angle slightly and the prompt will come up, but the important thing it to just keep tapping triangle fast.

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 2 of 28 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Sounds like a typical day on The Last of Us multiplayer. Most of the unexplained happenings are because of lag or you're being shot by multiple enemies and don't realize it. And rest assured the player who got the lag-assisted kill will think he's the best and lag didn't help him.

A cinema mode would have cleared a lot of these issues up.
Message 3 of 28 (333 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Dec 9, 2013
yes there alot wrong. ND will maybe drop a patch during the left behind dlc
Message 4 of 28 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Dec 9, 2013

nykfist wrote:

DiamondDM13 wrote:There's also other things a guy firing 3 Hunting Rifle shots in second...

Maybe it was a military sniper and not a hunting rifle?

Or even people killing me with the 9mm with 2 shots, and me using Armor

Maybe someone was also shooting you with a bow and you didn't see them?

I was behind the guy for like 20 seconds, he didn't see me, and I had the Shiv prompt on screen... Kept pressing it, to no avail...

That happens to me as well sometimes, although never as long as 20 seconds, maybe 2 or 3 seconds and I'll spam triangle really fast and it'll work, or i'll change my angle slightly and the prompt will come up, but the important thing it to just keep tapping triangle fast.

I can distinguish the weapon... it shows up in the "Executed by section". It was a Hunting Rifle, otherwise I wouldn't find it strange...

No, there was no Bow shooting at me when I'm playing 2v2 and my teammate is brawling with the other opponent...

Most times it's only up to 5 seconds at most, but a few that went 10 - 20 seconds were just plain ridiculous. I keep tapping triangle, but it just doesn't want to do it...

As for it being lag, I don't really think things like the Flamethrower were lag. It didn't happen to me alone. The dude also was able to kill 2 teammates using the Flamethrower while one was punching him and the other was using his Flamethrower... Or it could have been some really intense lag...

Message 5 of 28 (293 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Dec 9, 2013

yeah, that does sound fishy.  did you take note of their psn id's and psn levels etc?

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 6 of 28 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Not all, I did send a message to the Flamethrower guy asking him how did he mod the Flamethrower, hopefully I may have not deleted it... But to my surprise, he was in the 170 something weeks. (Which is like, why would one risk such progress? Such progress you should know better...)
Message 7 of 28 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Lag.
Period.

This is what happens when placing players together that have no connection to each other.

Another ND release and the same issues.

Hey at release at least they froze instead of ruining the match.
But nooooooooo we cant disenfranchise poor connection players, we disenfranchise the ones who have good ones.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 8 of 28 (283 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Lag...causes invisible man
Lag.... causes double damage both ways
Lag....causes around corner deaths
Lag.....causes two bullet deaths
Lag.......causes weapons to act abnormal
Lag......causes 90% of b.s
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 9 of 28 (277 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Well, then I hope something gets done to improve this. I'm paying a 130 mb down speed and something like 30 or 50 up speed, and it's not to see this happen... Even playing with Ethernet cable to prevent problems on my side...
Message 10 of 28 (276 Views)
0 Likes