Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Spawns are messed up

Jul 7, 2013

Third attempt at a multiplayer game and you can't even get a spawn system to work right.. Well done, ND!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (188 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 7, 2013

bump

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Why does ND ignore constructive threads, like this one, that could improve the game, in favor of going into really stupid ones like the nerf/buff threads?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (166 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Why does ND ignore constructive threads, like this one, that could improve the game, in favor of going into really stupid ones like the nerf/buff threads?

They ignore everything that doesn't praise them.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (150 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The amount of stories I have about bad spawns in this game can go on for awhile. I'll just say the most notable one for me.

It was Bill's Town. I was killed in the library, and the respawn time was just ready when I died. So I instantly respawn near the truck on the side near the bar. I'm ready to move out and as I move towards the supply box, I see 3, not kidding, 3 enemies, crafting molotovs and other things right in front of me. Faster than he can even probably think, the guy with the molotov nails me with it, spawn killing me. This all happened in less than a minute....thanks ND :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Part of the reason why I mainly play Survivors. I spawned one time and literally took two steps before a placed bomb blew up right in front of me. I honestly think people are just figuring out the spawn points and exploiting them.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 7, 2013
In my experience the Spawns have been totally acceptable, there was ONE time however I spawned and 10 feet in front of me was an enemy player with their back facing me and I admittedly killed them with ease.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Because they have nothing to say..

They couldn't fix it in U2. We had them in U3. We're having them again (albeit more rare) in TLoU. They're just here to stay. It's rare anyway, since I only had one incident in my 39 week journey where I spawned with an entire team of enemies. Since it was only once anyway, I don't care.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
521 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Because they have nothing to say..

They couldn't fix it in U2. We had them in U3. We're having them again (albeit more rare) in TLoU. They're just here to stay. It's rare anyway, since I only had one incident in my 39 week journey where I spawned with an entire team of enemies. Since it was only once anyway, I don't care.

This spawn system is completely new. If you guys could provide detailed steps of what happened just before your bad spawn we can have our QA team reproduce them and hopefully get them fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (118 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Players are leaving deployed bombs in known spawn locations - the Dam is where I see it the most, since there seems to be two primary spawn regions, although I occasionally spawn in other places  I've seen it the most on the one behind/by the flipped car on the side with the stacked pipes, and have been downed by a bomb as soon as I spawned on that map at least a few times  (note: this is not the same as leaving a bomb near the first tool crate on that side, as in that case, the player has a chance to see it and make a bad choice)

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (109 Views)
0 Likes