Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Re: Spawns are messed up

Jul 7, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Why does ND ignore constructive threads, like this one, that could improve the game, in favor of going into really stupid ones like the nerf/buff threads?

Because they have nothing to say..

They couldn't fix it in U2. We had them in U3. We're having them again (albeit more rare) in TLoU. They're just here to stay. It's rare anyway, since I only had one incident in my 39 week journey where I spawned with an entire team of enemies. Since it was only once anyway, I don't care.

This spawn system is completely new. If you guys could provide detailed steps of what happened just before your bad spawn we can have our QA team reproduce them and hopefully get them fixed.

Well, it's hard to tell you the exact steps since you never know when the bad spawn is going to happen until it does. And when it does, you rage and forget what you were doing before the bad respawn. This means it won't be fixed unless you guys tinker with the playtests until it's reproducable.

Message 31 of 45 (169 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jul 7, 2013

If this is a "new" spawn system, that just goes to show even more why this game should have been public beta tested. I laughed when the dev wanted more details on how it happens..

You get killed.

You respawn next to enemies.

How much detail do you need?

Message 32 of 45 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 7, 2013

schwinn001 wrote:

You get killed.

You respawn next to enemies.

How much detail do you need?

They need the exact steps on what you did before this bad respawn in order to reproduce it internally and know what causes them. Otherwise, how can they fix something that they can't even reproduce?

Message 33 of 45 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 7, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Why does ND ignore constructive threads, like this one, that could improve the game, in favor of going into really stupid ones like the nerf/buff threads?

Because they have nothing to say..

They couldn't fix it in U2. We had them in U3. We're having them again (albeit more rare) in TLoU. They're just here to stay. It's rare anyway, since I only had one incident in my 39 week journey where I spawned with an entire team of enemies. Since it was only once anyway, I don't care.

This spawn system is completely new. If you guys could provide detailed steps of what happened just before your bad spawn we can have our QA team reproduce them and hopefully get them fixed.

Well for this bad spawn in Bill's Town, I was pressing L1 and R1 too shoot at an enemy that ultimately wound up getting the better of me. I then proceeded to die and waited the usual 13 seconds. I wound up respawning after that so I ran a bit before noticing that two fireflies had just spawned behind me. They then killed me. This was on the right side(from players POV) of the garage on Bill's town. 

Another bad spawn on Bill's Town occured on the left(from players POV) of the garage. It involved the same set up as the one before, only this time I bought armor. The reason it was bad was because another group of enemy players spawned on the other side of the garage. I know they spawned there because players usually run to the supply box after spawning so they wound up showing up on the radar. Enemy players should not spawn so closely to each other.

This bad spawn occured in the high school. It involves the same set up as the first example. I spawned on the left side (Players POV) of the gym, and an enemy player spawned in the bathroom on that side. I saw him on the radar for a second, and as I wound up exiting the gym the enemy exited the bathroom. I shot him in the back. This is a bad spawn because we spawned to closely to each other. This happened again in a different match only in reverse.

I'm also beginning to wonder if players show up on the radar the moment they spawn, because in the above example I mentioned that I noticed the player show up for a second before disappearing on the radar. He did take a while to exit the bathroom so I assume he wasn't sprinting because he did not show up. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 34 of 45 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 7, 2013
If you didn't read my post because of the length, I mentioned that I think players show up on the radar when they spawn.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 35 of 45 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
If you didn't read my post because of the length, I mentioned that I think players show up on the radar when they spawn.

I don't think they do. I've seen people respawn and yet no dots. Then again maybe I didn't look at it closely, but it doesn't make sense for them to show up on the map when they respawn. It could be a bug.

Message 36 of 45 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Exact steps? I got killed and respawned next to enemies. Pretty clear, I think. Can happen on any map.

Message 37 of 45 (149 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

I don't think they do. I've seen people respawn and yet no dots. Then again maybe I didn't look at it closely, but it doesn't make sense for them to show up on the map when they respawn. It could be a bug.

It probably is a bug because I've only noticed it when I've had a bad spawn.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 38 of 45 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 9, 2013
bump

ND reply

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 39 of 45 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Exact steps:

#1 I was executed
#2 I spawned