Dec 04 2013
By: Jeet097 Splicer 48 posts

Spawns

26 replies 237 views Edited Dec 4, 2013
I don't want to sound like a complainer, but it seems as though spawns are terrible now. I'm frequently spawned in front of enemies so they shiv me instantly. I hope this is just a few unlucky incidents. It's happened 4 times over a few matches when I played today. I's anyone else experiencing these unfortunate spawns?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (237 Views)
Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Spawns

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

Running into the same problem. You can even wipe an entire team and they sometimes get dropped off right on top of you. Also not a fan of the wave system since it gets annoying when you kill a person and they spawn in 2 secs on top of you and kill you and then you get to wait 20 secs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (228 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

I have this problem too since one of the last patches I think they have changed some spawn points and now this is possible.

Players can spawn on your position if you are on an spawnpoint and your team is on the opposite side of the map fighting other players sometimes you get also spawned far away from your team, because enemys are near to them.

Players that rush and split their teams can abuse this mechanik and can reach that the other team splits up, I met more spawn-killers recently.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Which mode are you talking about? Supply Raid or Interrogation?

In supply raid, it happened to me too, but not very often. On the other hand I had the opportunity to shiv a few poor dudes which spawned in front of me as well. So basically it is evened out.

I think especially interrogation has problems with spawns though. There are two problems:

I had it a couple of times that my safe was under attack, I waited to finally respawn so I could help my last team mate desperetely trying to defend, and me and also some other teammate at the same time spawned on the other side of the map. Well, that was the end of the match. Very annoying, very frustrating. It is not just a life you lose like on Supply Raid, it is the actual game you lose...

Second, if the opposing team was not fully interrogated, they can just camp your safe and spawn-kill you endlessly. I mean, there are a few different spawn points, but they can be easily observed on most maps, and if the team knows what to do, you will get a rifle bullet to your head as soon as you spawn. Not very funny.

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Spawning in interrogation has to be like that. They want to spawn you in the middle a lot so you have an equal chance of getting to either box. I for one find the spawns in interroagtion add to the challenge of the game mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1327 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah, spawns in this game can be pretty terrible. The wave spawns make it even worse. It's not a good time when you can kill the entire enemy team and have them spawn on top of you, or, in Bill's town, spawn alone on one end of the map while 3 or 4 enemies spawn on the same send in a different corner.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

Had an interesting spawn last night in Supply Raid at the Dam... I spawned right in the middle of ALL 4 enemies on the opposite side of the map from my team. Needless to say I had about a 3 second survival rate at that point, but I did manage to down one of them on my way out. :smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (162 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Ryuu-jin882 wrote:

Spawning in interrogation has to be like that. They want to spawn you in the middle a lot so you have an equal chance of getting to either box. I for one find the spawns in interroagtion add to the challenge of the game mode.

I agree with you if the enemy team is fully interrogated as well and the box located. In this case, it was not, so this doesnt make any sense.

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Dec 4, 2013

whats a spawn? o.O

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1327 posts

Dec 4, 2013
It's what all the cool kids do when they play.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (118 Views)
0 Likes