Sep 12 2013
By: SwisherSweetx Hekseville Citizen 269 posts

Special Execution for Flamethrower Needs to be Fixed

4 replies 323 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

People have written about this before but, with the last patch it still seems nothing has been done about this annoying glitch. Ok for people who are not familiar with the issue, when you perform a special execution with a flamethrower one of two things happen:

1) You bash the enemies face in with the stock of the flamethrower. It works exactly like it is supposed to.

2) You knock the enemy on their back and proceed to burn them point blank with a flamethrower. For whatever reason, when you do this it always takes 6 fuel away from your ammo count. I've also managed to achieve a negative amount of fuel after performing one of these and went from 3 fuel to -3. When I went to buy more flamethrower ammo, the game actually even charges me for the negative fuel count. The whole thing is just kind of perplexing.

Special note: If your opponent is wearing any body armor while you are performing this variation of special execution, it will be burned off.  

Out of all the weapons in the game, the flamethrower is the only one that takes up ammo to perform a special execution. I know it's a minor glitch but, I'd really love it if you could fix this ND.

Btw thanks for changing the flamethrower from a gimmick weapon to something that is actually useful and fun to play with. It was a welcome change

Message 1 of 5 (323 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

Re: Special Execution for Flamethrower Needs to be Fixed

Sep 12, 2013

I agree. The flamethrower should not be using ammo for special executions when no other weapon does that. Thanks ND for making the flamethrower a awesome weapon. I love using it.

Dear forumers, you all got fooled into believing that because of my psn id that Im a crap player. Well my psn id is actually a troll psn id. Its used so when Im top of the list it makes others feel like s***. Ive even played crap on purpose on my a crap player psn id then switched to my secret psn id then pwned forumers. Well its been nice baiting people for ages on here but Ive had my fun. Im off on my secret psn id to beat you forumers with pleasure lol. Maybe Ill youtube me pwning forumers some day. Will you find out who I am? we'll see, Byeeeeee.
Message 2 of 5 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Sep 12, 2013

I use the flamethrower frequently, but rarely get a chance to perform a special execution on somebody.

The flamethrower kills instantly, so there's no chance to execute someone. If the player got downed by another weapon, or another player and you happen to have the flamethrower equipped, just send 1-2 flames and the guy is executed. It's much faster than the special execution anyway. And in case you need the special execution done, just switch to your sidearm.

But I do agree that what you say is a problem, especially the part about armour. That can get a few jimmies rustled no doubt.

I really like what ND did with the weapon. It's a godsend for me, who hates when people start turning the game into some sort of Fight Night variation.

Message 3 of 5 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Signed. Its annoying. However it is the only special execution that breaks armor
Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 26, 2013

it takes 6 ammo I beleive due to the Flame thrower being the only weapon to remove any body armor a person has on if you do get that specific special execution on the indivisual.

Message 5 of 5 (155 Views)
0 Likes