Message 41 of 45 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5918 posts

Re: Sprinting is VERY Efficient.

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

I disagree. Lets use Dam for example. If I spring ASAP, get my supplies and move up. I'll most likely have enough for a bomb or a trap. I can set that in one are where I won't be looking and begin aiming at the focal point where the enemy usually travels through. I got the advantage and when they start getting hit they're going to know that there are already people there locking them down. This allows my teammates who were walking slowely to move up with reinforcements and potentially more supplies.

Sprinting ahead of your teammates is never a good idea. Not only are you giving away your position to the other team, but you're also going to be all by yourself and get pinned down with no covering fire from your teammates and most likely killed. Even if you get those supplies from the box, you're not going to have a chance to use them before you're killed.

Message 42 of 45 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 5, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

Times when sprinting is okay:

- When you're nowhere near the enemies or the fight

- When you need to regroup quickly with your teammates

- When you're coming to the aid of a teammate in peril

- When you're chasing down a fleeing enemy

- When enemies already know your position and are converging on you

Times when sprinting is stupid and gives away your position:

- All other times

I try to limit sprinting to one of the examples I gave. If enemies are nearby and you're just running around clueless, you're doing nothing but giving away your position and making it easier for them to get the drop on you.

I disagree with the OP about sprinting to get the drop on the enemy. Players with at least average awareness with have their guns towed at whatever area you're coming from if you do that, plus there's a chance wherever you're going into will put you at a numbers disadvantage.

Times when sprinting is okay:

-when the enemy team already knows where you are.

-when you want them to know where you are.

Times when sprinting is stupid and gives away your position:

-when the enemy doesn't know where you are, and you don't want them to find out.

Whether or not you want to be found is situational. Lay a trap, and sprint to make the enemies move through it hunting you. Have a teammate in a well-hidden position, and sprint to lure an enemy past him for a quick shiv kill. You need to be less specific in your definition of when it's sensible to sprint, because there are a lot of uses for sprinting that involve misdirection.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 43 of 45 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I feel we all would, my friend. 

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 44 of 45 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 6, 2013
You guys are crazy. I will always heal and revive my team mates.
Because healing/revive = Supplies for me.

Message 45 of 45 (42 Views)