Jul 01 2013
By: KingdomSlayah Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

Sprinting is VERY Efficient.

44 replies 900 views Edited Jul 1, 2013

I see a lot of people say that people who sprint often, aren't very good. I disagree. Sprinting at the beginning of the round is one of the most IMPORTANT things you can do (in my opinion.)

First of all, sprinting gets you your supplies quicker. I usually spring and get the 3 nearest boxes (sprint to and go back for the others.) This allows you to craft MANY items and if you have Crafter 2 or up, you give YOUR TEAMMATES extra weaponry, thus increasing the chances of winning.

Secondly, sprinting gets you the jump on the enemy. The most common players are the ones that crouch walk and walk slowly toward the main conflict areas. They're expecting the same with the other team. This is when I ALWAYS sprint. I get the jump on them. I am able to get up, possibly lay down some traps, AND SPOT THEM. This gives my teammates a very good advantage because now they know where the enemy is.

The point of this? Just because some players sprint does not mean they don't know how to play/ they suck at it. Now the players that sprint, get killed, and quit the game, THOSE guys DO suck and don't know how to play the game.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 1 of 45 (900 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Re: Sprinting is VERY Efficient.

Jul 1, 2013
I only sprint when I know that the enemy team already has an idea of my general location. At the beginning of the match, they know that I will always be at the spawn and have a limited choice of places to go. However, too many times have I seen an enemy or teammate sprint towards their hiding allies, giving away their location to the other team.
Message 2 of 45 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jul 1, 2013

I just stated this in a thread like 30 minutes ago. 

Message 3 of 45 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jul 1, 2013
It's probably been buried by all of the spam threads.
Message 4 of 45 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Sprining does have it's place in this game for sure. I love that it has a crutch of giving away your location if you do it. I rarely spring, but will sometimes in the beginning of a round for reasons you stated. Good post.

Message 5 of 45 (788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Finally, someone who agrees with my opinion on sprinting!
Message 6 of 45 (735 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jul 2, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

Secondly, sprinting gets you the jump on the enemy. The most common players are the ones that crouch walk and walk slowly toward the main conflict areas. They're expecting the same with the other team. This is when I ALWAYS sprint. I get the jump on them. I am able to get up, possibly lay down some traps, AND SPOT THEM. This gives my teammates a very good advantage because now they know where the enemy is.

I don't get this part.  Sprinting puts you on raidar.  How is that YOU getting the jump on THEM?

Message 7 of 45 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

I don't get this part.  Sprinting puts you on raidar.  How is that YOU getting the jump on THEM?

Good ol' fashioned deception, I would assume, since I use such tactics myself; If I'm separated from my group, occasionally I'll sprint for a bit, plant a bomb in an obscure location, and sprint some more to find a relatively safe place. When people track you on the radar they tend to follow the exact path they saw your blip travel, and usually step right on top of the mine.

Also great when using a shotgun or flamethrower loadout, two amazing purchasables that can devastate entire groups provided you have enough ammo and can set up such a situation. Just make sure to lead them into an area where they're forced to funnel through someplace and flanking is less effective, like going up the stairs in bill's town or inside a building at lakeside.

Message 8 of 45 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Mind_Less wrote:
Good ol' fashioned deception, I would assume, since I use such tactics myself; If I'm separated from my group, occasionally I'll sprint for a bit, plant a bomb in an obscure location, and sprint some more to find a relatively safe place. When people track you on the radar they tend to follow the exact path they saw your blip travel, and usually step right on top of the mine.

Also great when using a shotgun or flamethrower loadout, two amazing purchasables that can devastate entire groups provided you have enough ammo and can set up such a situation. Just make sure to lead them into an area where they're forced to funnel through someplace and flanking is less effective, like going up the stairs in bill's town or inside a building at lakeside.

Sprinting to get to conflict areas early...because they won't expect it...just seems contradictory to me.

Message 9 of 45 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

Sprinting to get to conflict areas early...because they won't expect it...just seems contradictory to me.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear, you're absolutely right, sprinting towards conflict is a dumb idea, and most players will have a Moltov waiting for you to round that corner after they've seen your blip on the radar.

I meant to say that such strategies are effective during the calm before the storm, when there's no gunfire going on in the map and both teams are looking for each other, with the right tools you can bait the opposing teams and perhaps earn a few kills yourself if they're stragglers running around on their own. Of course, you shouldn't be sprinting around your three partners landing them all in trouble, that's just as irresponsible.

Message 10 of 45 (689 Views)
0 Likes