Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Stopping power.

Jul 19, 2013

Honestly, after getting killed so many times from warp melees in UC3 MP, I can't say that I want rushing to be more effective. It's fine as it is.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 22 (157 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

I've learned to try to avoid melee as much as possible, and save that nailboard for unexpected close emergencies.

Yeah, me too me too. Unless someone can out-aim me then i will try to melee.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 12 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 19, 2013

RyukDG wrote:

Despur4do wrote:
Melee style is not very smart on good players unless you shoot them first THEN melee.

Actually, its not a style I am proud about but something that happens to me. I have a one hit melee and to my brain its like one down without much efforts. Kinda not-proish but uhm, I am not pro so whatever works. I get attacked by it all the time so why not just use it. But yes, I think I know what you mean; this seems to be the better wa out. Shoot first; which I assume would stun then and then go for the one hit. Sounds good. I will try to implement this. The problem is my urge to rush just lets me down in this game :smileytongue:

-RyukDG

Yeah just like Uncharted get a good hit or two first then swing away and you should be victorious.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 13 of 22 (151 Views)
Wastelander
770 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Despur4do wrote:
Yeah just like Uncharted get a good hit or two first then swing away and you should be victorious.

No!!!!!! Do not remind me of the Uncharted melee system. That is a mystery only a select few from select countries know about. I am supposedly in one of them countries but I think I made a mistake paying for high speed internet. I am working towards downgrading it :smileytongue:

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 14 of 22 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jul 19, 2013

In my opinion it's not enough. Severel times yesterday I got punched through bullets because rather than cancelling someone's melee animation when they get hit with a bullet it only delays it by a split second.

One of the scenarios a guy came charging at me with an upgraded melee weapon and I started shooting with my 9mm. Each shot slowed his animation but didn't cancel it so I landed 3 consecutive shots which slightly slowed the animation and then I missed my fourth and that was enough for his animation to finish and down me right there. Compared to Uncharted games the melee system is better, but it still suffers some of the same faults where people can beat bullets with punches, and this is even worse because that same stupid magnetic lunge is still in the game for melees as well.

Being shot should cancel your melee animation and make you have to retry your melee. If you want to melee, be a little sneakier, or do it while someone is reloading, but this whole melee rushing thing is ridiculous. That's my opinion anways.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 15 of 22 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 19, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

In my opinion it's not enough. Severel times yesterday I got punched through bullets because rather than cancelling someone's melee animation when they get hit with a bullet it only delays it by a split second.

One of the scenarios a guy came charging at me with an upgraded melee weapon and I started shooting with my 9mm. Each shot slowed his animation but didn't cancel it so I landed 3 consecutive shots which slightly slowed the animation and then I missed my fourth and that was enough for his animation to finish and down me right there. Compared to Uncharted games the melee system is better, but it still suffers some of the same faults where people can beat bullets with punches, and this is even worse because that same stupid magnetic lunge is still in the game for melees as well.

Being shot should cancel your melee animation and make you have to retry your melee. If you want to melee, be a little sneakier, or do it while someone is reloading, but this whole melee rushing thing is ridiculous. That's my opinion anways.

Ya thats exacually the way i feel, especially about the smokebomb/shiv combo, its to easy and a free kill. Smoke should make it hard to see NOT stun you for a free kill. Or they should impliment a timed block when someone goes to shive you at least.

Message 16 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jul 19, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I wish I were then. It has uhm, probably never happened to me. Could it be because the 9mm is just a weird little gun overall? When I get hit by the revolved or any other gun for that matter I just keep doing a little dance freeze thingy till they down me. I don't think this is lag because I have had this happen almost always, so you can't just blame it on lag. 

Bullet over bullet just freezes you in your spot giving you no chance to turn away, avoid it or run :smileyhappy: This is from what I have experienced.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 17 of 22 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Part of the issue is, without proper documentation from the company on what *should* be happening, we have to piece it together from what does happen, where lag and combat cloud the issue.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 18 of 22 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 19, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Part of the issue is, without proper documentation from the company on what *should* be happening, we have to piece it together from what does happen, where lag and combat cloud the issue.

Sometimes I wonder if they comment their own source code... *shivers*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Jul 19, 2013

Stopping power is just too inconsistent to me. Sometimes I get shot and I can run away. Other times in a similar scenario, I get shot and I'm frozen. I can't run ,shoot, or throw anything. I've seen this happen to guys I'm shooting as well. Occasionally the guy is in the "hands up" position while being shot in the gut and he some how manages to toss out a moltov without lighting it or moving his arms. So yeah, stopping power is very inconsistent and unreliable..

Message 20 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes