While playing straight Survivors or Supply Raid is a blast, sometimes you want to mix it up a bit. Over at couchpotatogamers.org we've come up with some ideas for team game play that you can use in a private game (so that it doesn't affect your clan). They provide you and your team with a chance to practice certain skills while trying to accomplish a set objective. One of these is "Storming & Defending the Lakeside Lodge."
Here's how it works. After spawning, one team (pre-selected while in the lobby) takes up a defense position in the Lodge in the Lakeside map. Their ultimate goal is to defend the lodge long enough for the game time to expire. They cannot leave the lodge, however, so when they run out of ammo for their weapons they are left with only melee to defend. The other team, meanwhile, has to storm the lodge and kill off all of its defenders before time expires.While they have the benefit of hitting the supply boxes if necessary, the clock is always ticking. If any of the defenders are still alive when the time expires, the attackers lose.
After the game ends and you return to the lobby, have the teams switch positions so that both sides practice storming and defending the Lodge.
Here are some suggestions:
Participants: Up to two teams of four
Game Mode: Survivor
Loadout: Rather than custom loadouts, it is recommended that teams only use one of the standard ones so that everyone is on equal footing. You could have each person on the team take the same loadout (4 stealth loadouts, anyone?) or have each team member take one of the standard loadouts so each has a different skill set. By sticking with the the standard loadouts, it is your skill at the game and your team work which makes the difference. But hey, if everyone agrees to loadout flamethrowers and have a torchfest, go for it. Just don't forget the marshmallows!
Just another idea brought to you by the spuds at CouchPotatoGamers.Org. Stop by and check us out if you are looking for team mates that put the fun before the stats.
This actually sounds really good.
BUT (Yes theres a but lol)
I think Loadouts should be pre-selected:
- Recon: Sniper + Hawkeye
- Assualt: Burst Rifle + Brawler
- Medic: Semi Auto + First Aid Level 3
- Ninja: Silenced 9mm + Covert Training
Obviously adjust for Loadout points. ND could even make it a public gamemode and choose the loadouts for you so theres no stacking of loadouts.
Call the gamemode "Breach" maybe?
Doesnt only work for Lakeside either, Downtown has a defensible house, so does Checkpoint.
Ooooohhhhh the more I think of it the more I want it to happen *giddy schoolgirl*
Sounds fun, how does 1 get in on these private games?
You have three options:
(1) Find a group of people that might be interested in playing the game and either explain it to them or, better yet, send them a link to the OP. We wanted to share the game idea with the entire TLOU multi-player community to help players improve their game;
(2) Go over to www.couchpotatogamers.org and join the clan as we're scheduling days and times for variations such as this and others that we have come up with. The idea is to have a set day/time (or two, one US and one Euro friendly) so people can know that Wed evening or Sun afternoon there will be a scheduled "Alternate Team Play" for people to join. Joining will also get you into the PSN Team Chat from which we send out invites for games, etc.; or
(3) Add me in PSN (Niko_Soroban) and drop me a quick message that you aren't a spud (as us couch potato gamers are known) but want to get invited to any game variations that I might be running. I'm usually around most evenings and am always interesting in giving some new variation ideas a "dry run" to see if they are a worthwhile challenge.
Agree with munsy, no supply boxes, no bombs, and you cannot enter the lodge by climbing up the ladder. You must enter through the first floor only.
Great ideas, definitely something that the groups should discuss in the lobby prior to starting the game.
As for the ladder, is that the only way to the second story other than the internal staircase? I don't recall for sure.