Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2013
By: Niko_Soroban Splicer 39 posts

Storming & Defending the Lakeside Lodge

8 replies 313 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

While playing straight Survivors or Supply Raid is a blast, sometimes you want to mix it up a bit. Over at couchpotatogamers.org we've come up with some ideas for team game play that you can use in a private game (so that it doesn't affect your clan). They provide you and your team with a chance to practice certain skills while trying to accomplish a set objective. One of these is "Storming & Defending the Lakeside Lodge."

Here's how it works. After spawning, one team (pre-selected while in the lobby) takes up a defense position in the Lodge in the Lakeside map. Their ultimate goal is to defend the lodge long enough for the game time to expire. They cannot leave the lodge, however, so when they run out of ammo for their weapons they are left with only melee to defend. The other team, meanwhile, has to storm the lodge and kill off all of its defenders before time expires.While they have the benefit of hitting the supply boxes if necessary, the clock is always ticking. If any of the defenders are still alive when the time expires, the attackers lose.

After the game ends and you return to the lobby, have the teams switch positions so that both sides practice storming and defending the Lodge.

Here are some suggestions:

Map: Lakeside

Participants: Up to two teams of four

Game Mode: Survivor

Loadout: Rather than custom loadouts, it is recommended that teams only use one of the standard ones so that everyone is on equal footing. You could have each person on the team take the same loadout (4 stealth loadouts, anyone?) or have each team member take one of the standard loadouts so each has a different skill set. By sticking with the the standard loadouts, it is your skill at the game and your team work which makes the difference. But hey, if everyone agrees to loadout flamethrowers and have a torchfest, go for it. Just don't forget the marshmallows!

Just another idea brought to you by the spuds at CouchPotatoGamers.Org.  Stop by and check us out if you are looking for team mates that put the fun before the stats.

Niko
~~~~~~~~~~~
Q: Got [GAM] ? A: www.CouchPotatoGamers.org
Message 1 of 9 (313 Views)
Wastelander
639 posts

Re: Storming & Defending the Lakeside Lodge

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

This actually sounds really good.

BUT (Yes theres a but lol)

I think Loadouts should be pre-selected:

- Recon: Sniper + Hawkeye

- Assualt: Burst Rifle + Brawler

- Medic: Semi Auto + First Aid Level 3

- Ninja: Silenced 9mm + Covert Training

Obviously adjust for Loadout points. ND could even make it a public gamemode and choose the loadouts for you so theres no stacking of loadouts. 

Call the gamemode "Breach" maybe?

Doesnt only work for Lakeside either, Downtown has a defensible house, so does Checkpoint. 

Ooooohhhhh the more I think of it the more I want it to happen *giddy schoolgirl*

Message 2 of 9 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Join Couch Potato Gam- ah, screw this, I'm quitting. 

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (271 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Sounds fun, how does 1 get in on these private games?

Message 4 of 9 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jul 5, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Sounds fun, how does 1 get in on these private games?

You have three options:

(1) Find a group of people that might be interested in playing the game and either explain it to them or, better yet, send them a link to the OP. We wanted to share the game idea with the entire TLOU multi-player community to help players improve their game;

(2) Go over to www.couchpotatogamers.org and join the clan as we're scheduling days and times for variations such as this and others that we have come up with. The idea is to have a set day/time (or two, one US and one Euro friendly) so people can know that Wed evening or Sun afternoon there will be a scheduled "Alternate Team Play" for people to join. Joining will also get you into the PSN Team Chat from which we send out invites for games, etc.; or

(3) Add me in PSN (Niko_Soroban) and drop me a quick message that you aren't a spud (as us couch potato gamers are known) but want to get invited to any game variations that I might be running. I'm usually around most evenings and am always interesting in giving some new variation ideas a "dry run" to see if they are a worthwhile challenge.

Niko

Niko
~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 9 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Too easy to rush, ban boxes them maybe it will be challenging.
Message 6 of 9 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Jul 5, 2013
When we get bored we play tower defence on that map against randoms in pubs. Sneaky supply runs, crafter, covert training. MMMM. And just like regular tower defence, it ramps up in difficulty as the enemies die over and over and get all the supply boxes.
Message 7 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Agree with munsy, no supply boxes, no bombs, and you cannot enter the lodge by climbing up the ladder.  You must enter through the first floor only.

Message 8 of 9 (133 Views)
Splicer
39 posts

Jul 5, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Agree with munsy, no supply boxes, no bombs, and you cannot enter the lodge by climbing up the ladder.  You must enter through the first floor only.

Great ideas, definitely something that the groups should discuss in the lobby prior to starting the game.

As for the ladder, is that the only way to the second story other than the internal staircase? I don't recall for sure.

Niko
~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 9 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes