Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

"Sharp Ears says hi. Once again, it's soooo balanced that everyone uses Covert 2 when they play a challenging team. When you are practically required to use a booster just to "balance" an ability then it's not balanced."

Ok lets try this again.

1. Sharp ears or not, you can only use it for a limited time so you can't constantly spam the ability.
  2. Did I not just tell you that I don't use Covert 2 for all my loadouts? There's also a thread about how Covert 2 is overrated.
  3. It's a booster that counters an ability in the game. An optional booster...that also has boosters to counter itself (strategist).

I'm not great at this game by any means...but maybe you're just upset that people are better than you? Like Teflyz says, all these "boosters" are part of the game and are limited by their loadout points. Are you going to tell me Marathon Runner, Brawler, Revive, Crafter and First Aid are also unbalanced?

Yes Covert 2 is so overrated that every person in a good party I've ever played against uses it. Try playing against a good team without covert 2 and see how well you do.

Message 91 of 178 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jul 26, 2013

my iq is dropping everytime i see neverbelow post..... now hes looking for features that werent in other games that are in this one .............. just wow

lmfao

Message 92 of 178 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 26, 2013

ScarecrowsFate wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

ScarecrowsFate wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

The game overall has a fairly nice balance to it, especially when you consider all the parts and variables to it. It's very team oriented and at a topt tier level of play, everyone has a role to play/speciality and it's the combination of these parts and how well they work togeather that's what make it great. Rest assured a bunch of little tryhards all trying hard all runing the same old tryhard loadout of covert training 3, semi, etc...aren't going to win over a well organized team that all understand the nuances of the game and how to make them all work in tangent. It's not perfect but I sincerly doubt strategist is going to be the thing that is really going to make many be like "oh **bleep** this multiplayer is absurdly unbalanced/unskilled".

Pretty much how I feel; Strategist was hardly the most significant factor in us getting scraped that match. As someone with no experience in competitive customs, I knew there was zero chance of success against their well-oiled machine, but I stayed in for the challenge. Even would have enjoyed playing another, but the ridiculous, immature trash talk from both sides put me right off - probably why I've avoided the competitive scene to begin with.

Honestly, I strongly dislike when a game features radars, see-through abilities and whatnot, yet I can tolerate it if counters are provided. No, Strategist cannot be hidden from, but the radius is far too limited to sour me on this game. What IS making my interest wane is the terrible lack of variety. I should probably pick up a few games I've been meaning to try, and spend some time away from this MP until more is on offer.

No it wasn't the most significant factor but played a part. It severely limits the effectiveness of certain strategies and is especially damaging when 3 people on a team have no idea they can be spotted a whole level below someone. We had no real gel or counter to being pushed back. We really didn't have much communication. blackguy never plays the game and it was his first match in probably 3+ weeks and he was trying to use the bow on top of that. I wasted bombs, molotovs, and never had a good opportunity to use the shotgun purchasable.

My biggest regret in the match was the opening. I landed a perfect smoke stun on the guy in the bathroom, and went for the shiv, but my character got snagged around the door TWICE. I then had to resort to the upgraded plank, which got ME shivved from behind. If I had passed through the door properly, I could have stabbed the first guy, then turned around to plank my pursuer, and perhaps things would have turned out at least slightly better.

Have to say, though, I almost enjoyed the owning. First time I got to see a legitimately impressive opposing team in this game.

I think you and Joker played pretty well. I think I caused most of the 3v4s you guys had to deal with in the game. Honestly blackguy seemed lost. I had plenty of bombs, armor, and shotgun ammo but never used it right.

Message 93 of 178 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 26, 2013

So let me get this straight...you're saying it's listening mode makes the game not balanced...but then you say all the good player/teams use Covert 2 to negate this. Covert 2 is available for you to use also....so what is your point?

If supposedly all these players use that loadout...then what is so unbalanced about the game?

Message 94 of 178 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

To be quite honest, I'm well aware that listen mode is fairly balanced in this game yet it still doesn't deserve to be in this game at all. No matter how you spin it...it really is just a wall-hack.

Like explained already, you have to either devote a good chunk of your loadout to PARTIALLY avoid the thing or just face the fact that everyone can see you through walls and buildings at any point in time.

From my view the game would work just fine without listen mode in it, I mean people are already punished for being loud with unsilenced weaponry, running, and the radar. All listen mode does is point out the more quiet people who don't wanna waste 4 points on a skill that barely helps them

I really agree. I like that listen mode shows planted bombs but why does it have to affect players? Why does ND insist on giving people a skill that let's them know where the enemy is without actually spotting them? It's gotten consistently worse, not better, since U2. SA was bad but at least you could nullify it completely. U3 you had to buy a hat to compete with others that used the hat to nullify SA and use another booster on top of that. Now they have a game where you can't get around it.

Message 95 of 178 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6810 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

I honestly wouldn't mind if listen mode just simply showed little pulses in general directions of where a player or trap may be. You know something closer to actual listening, the thing that bothers me is you are able to see the entire players outline and what they're holding and exactly how they are standing or moving.

Or maybe another alternative like temporarily enhancing your radar

Feet
Message 96 of 178 (240 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jul 26, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I think you and Joker played pretty well. I think I caused most of the 3v4s you guys had to deal with in the game. Honestly blackguy seemed lost. I had plenty of bombs, armor, and shotgun ammo but never used it right.

Thanks, but the bottom line is I had the most deaths (7). That's always unacceptable by my own standards. I feel bad for blackguy; the first match he plays in weeks, and it had to be against them... awful luck.

Message 97 of 178 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

So let me get this straight...you're saying it's listening mode makes the game not balanced...but then you say all the good player/teams use Covert 2 to negate this. Covert 2 is available for you to use also....so what is your point?

If supposedly all these players use that loadout...then what is so unbalanced about the game?

So you have to use a booster to compete? Well then the FAL in U3 was always balanced because everyone could use it. Same with QB. Same with the Shotty kickback. Same with M9 ROF.

I hope you don't think anything in this game is unbalanced in any way because everyone has access to it. SAR, molotovs, EE2, et all must all be balanced in your opinion then because access equals balance.

Message 98 of 178 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 26, 2013

ScarecrowsFate wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

Thanks, but the bottom line is I had the most deaths (7). That's always unacceptable by my own standards. I feel bad for blackguy; the first match he plays in weeks, and it had to be against them... awful luck.

I got one kill at the start and that was it. Then I put everyone in bad situations the whole game. I felt bad for balckguy, too. He was already soured on the game and now even more so. He actually has always been better than me at TLOU.

Message 99 of 178 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Jul 26, 2013

So, wait.  This whole angst-riddled, personal emo epic is from losing one game on what, High School?

******* really?

Get the **** over it and either move on or shut up, because you KNOW ND isn't going to take out any of these boosters.

/thread

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 100 of 178 (226 Views)