Fender Bender
4078 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

Jul 27, 2013
I'll bet the reason none of those perks are being lobbied for nerds is because there's much worse things in COD that would take priority. Noob tubes and the like.
Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 171 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Jul 27, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
No better booster than cloaked? Cloaked was worthless towards the end. Just buy the cloaked hat and equip fleet foot or scoped in.

Yep I meant before all the **bleep** stat hats.

Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 171 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15527 posts

Jul 27, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

scootgar wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

Hence why Covert Training is so common since it completely nulifies two core mechanics of the game, being able to be spotted in listen mdoe and being able to be called out. (the free shiv is nice as well)

And why it costs 5 loadout points.  If you also run a rifle with silencer, that's 9 of 13 points.

It's not OP, you get what you pay, and you pay a lot.

Nowhere in my quote do I say it's OP, by far the best ability in the game but nothing game breaking/absurd about it.

I wasn't directing that at you, but at the people saying it's OP.  I quoted you because it complimented my point.

Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 171 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Jul 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I'll bet the reason none of those perks are being lobbied for nerds is because there's much worse things in COD that would take priority. Noob tubes and the like.

No one in CoD cares about noob tubes and such because they are banned from competitive play, thus no one cares. This is really only an issue that affects the casuals/public matchamaking. That and the issue of "noob tubes" has long since been adressed in previous CoD's, granted there still there, just not as easily spammed.

In BO2 in particular, the competitive scene has almost completely dictated the updates of the game, ranging from gun nerfs, effectiveness is equipement, etc...Granted in normal playlists there's still plenty of BS to be found, League Play strips away almost all the BS in favor of a completely competitive ruleset with the same bans and gametypes played by the profesionals.

Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 171 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Jul 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I'd love to see any team beat another top team in U2 without any of their players using Fleet Foot. That'll be the day.

If people weren't so up and arms about Launch Man and Rocket Man it wouldn't be too far of stretch, granted probably one or two people would be using that on the team tops and the rest are probably still going to run Fleet Foot. But as I've stated before in almost every game, played competitively or not when you get to a certain level of play, almost everyone is usually running the same thing, if it's Halo, CoD, or even fighting games, tiers and such will always exsist. Maybe it's cause this community is so small/young that things of this nature are still an issue, but most gaming communities have gotten over it by now.

Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 171 (270 Views)
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Jul 28, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

neverbelow wrote:
I'd love to see any team beat another top team in U2 without any of their players using Fleet Foot. That'll be the day.

If people weren't so up and arms about Launch Man and Rocket Man it wouldn't be too far of stretch, granted probably one or two people would be using that on the team tops and the rest are probably still going to run Fleet Foot. But as I've stated before in almost every game, played competitively or not when you get to a certain level of play, almost everyone is usually running the same thing, if it's Halo, CoD, or even fighting games, tiers and such will always exsist. Maybe it's cause this community is so small/young that things of this nature are still an issue, but most gaming communities have gotten over it by now.

This so much, sure everyone complains in BF3 about the assualt class being 'unfair' but no ones gonna ban it from competitive play, it has the best weapons and the best abilities ( to save tickets and healing ). Thus all you see is (at least pre-patch, no idea what the current balancing is ) m16a3 and medkits. However, if there is one game which reaches the pinnacle of balance in my opinion, it's TF2.

Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 171 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
That's what radar is, that's what listen mode is, and that's what SA is at its core.

I still remember a certain ND dev (that shall not be named) that got mad whenever someone said that SA is a wallhack...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 171 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1137 posts

Nov 25, 2013
I remember this thread xD
Usually I'd put my Loadout, but I feel this is more important. A friend of a friend ingame told me the burst rifle should be a purchasable. That's all you need to know.
Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 171 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7279 posts

Nov 25, 2013
I remember this thread too?

Are you suggesting, Ryoku, that strategist is OP?

Please use plain text.
Message 159 of 171 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Nov 25, 2013
I can barely tell if OP was serious or not...

Strategist overpowered???
Whhhhat
Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 171 (84 Views)
0 Likes