Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
The range is so small it only helps the blind if you add a beeper to it. Well, it only helps vertically and this game has a huge lack of verticality so it's fine.

This.

Outside of High School, Bills Town and maybe Checkpoint, Strategiest is almost completely poinltess on maps like Lakeside, University and Downtown (which is never played anyway, just saying) and you lets be real here, in a game where everyone can you see behind walls by holding down R2, (unless you covert level 2) where ANYONE can mark you up without any special ability by pressing L3 (unless you have covert 3) strategiest is now sudddenly an issue?

I'm also surprsied you just now notice it's effectiveness. I've been whoring that **bleep** out on High School and Bill's Town for a while now. It's incredibly common skill used in competitive play. Not only that but at level 3 it lets you respawn on your teammates and about 7 seconds faster as well, which can be incredibly useful in Supply Raid, obviously not so much in Survivors.

Strategist is no more absurd/effective as Covert Training (which is borderline the best ability in the game). Or we could just sit here and pretend like the semi-automatic/Explosive Expert in general don't ned adjustments lol.

Message 11 of 178 (712 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I learned the hard way by getting my **bleep** beat by yoite and ticemack.

:catlol:

I've got to give those 2 a PSN voucher or something.

Message 12 of 178 (706 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Jul 25, 2013
So 3 out of the 5 maps that are played? "Only" useful on 65% of the decent maps. I used it on university just barely and it wasn't worthless. I spotted 2 people around a corner and that helped me a ton.
Message 13 of 178 (703 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Jul 25, 2013
You needed strategist to spot people around a corner in University?
Use your eyes
Message 14 of 178 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Jul 25, 2013
It completely takes paths away in the game that are useful for flanking. I used covert 3 because I didn't like getting marked but apparently I can't stop the SA

U3 is now better in my eyes than this game. I'll bet I'm not the minority on this either.
Message 15 of 178 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I knew one was there but the second I didn't know about till I was close. I have mostly been on the forum and not paying attention while playing.
Message 16 of 178 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
So 3 out of the 5 maps that are played? "Only" useful on 65% of the decent maps. I used it on university just barely and it wasn't worthless. I spotted 2 people around a corner and that helped me a ton.

That's great it helped you spot 2 people around the corner, I'm assuming this was a public match, you saw two red dots and you either did the following

1. you booked it because you had nothing

2. you whiped out a molly and got them both

3. you whiched out a shottie/flamethrower and you got them

Granted on a map like High School it's insanely useful, it can also be on Bill's town. But even on a map like Checkpoint all it would do is let you know someone is legit around the corner, where on maps with different floors it could instantly notifiy you of a possible enemy flank, on Checkpoint it does boderline nothing in the long run. On University it would be the same, great, super you will realized it's not terrible but in retrospect to how that map is dynamically played/controller strategist is pointless. Just like Lakeside and The Dam.

Kinda like how Covery Training does quite a few things. So does strategist. It does the following...

1. notify you when your marked

2. let you see people incredibly close to you, regadless of if their right around a corner, or directly underneath you

3. it lets you respawn on teamates and cuts down spawn time by a few seconds

It doesn't blatantly strike anyone as being rediculous simply on the fact that Covery Training currently holds that title. I don't know too many people who don't always run that.  Gives you a free shiv, you can't be see on people's listen mode when crouching and at level 3 prevents you from being marked. I mean I would practically **bleep** a brick of it protected you from strategist as well cause then there would be NO question Covert Training is the best ability in the game.

It's pretty funny cause even with that fact. The game is a little bit more complex than just "oh boy look at me im invisible and I can sneak around and shoot people, etc.." Then there is whole meta game with points/parts whatever...In that sense one could argue crafter is the best simply on the fact that it grants as many points for giftng someone a present as much as a down is equal too. Basically you can build up parts, buy your armor, upgrade your weapons, buy your purchasable weapons without even shooting an enemy.  It's one of the most common abilities at top level play, so is crafter broke/OP?

The game overall has a fairly nice balance to it, especially when you consider all the parts and variables to it. It's very team oriented and at a topt tier level of play, everyone has a role to play/speciality and it's the combination of these parts and how well they work togeather that's what make it great. Rest assured a bunch of little tryhards all trying hard all runing the same old tryhard loadout of covert training 3, semi, etc...aren't going to win over a well organized team that all understand the nuances of the game and how to make them all work in tangent. It's not perfect but I sincerly doubt strategist is going to be the thing that is really going to make many be like "oh **bleep** this multiplayer is absurdly unbalanced/unskilled".

Message 17 of 178 (662 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Jul 25, 2013
**bleep** a brick if they took out SA? SMH. I have no words, GMR. No words. Just wow.
Message 18 of 178 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I really don't understand why people here are defending lisening mode? It is just so wack. I really care less about the gore (that is missing in EU version) which everybody is complaining about then this.

Really gaming is turning into **** . Just because there aren't any other good MP games we just gonna accept every trash Naughty Dog adds in there games? Is that it, is that why everyone is so quitet about this?

That singleplayer might be a 10/10, but this multiplayer isn't worth more then a 5.

Message 19 of 178 (645 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Nuances of the game like packing together and seeing through walls so they can bomb and molotov people all day? **bleep** that's skill.
Message 20 of 178 (644 Views)
0 Likes