Sackboy
378 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

Jul 25, 2013

The radar range on Strategist is short enough to be balanced, you need a booster like Strategist to balance out Covert Training just as GMRcris pointed out. Especially with all these silenced weapons people need a way of being uncovered if they just sit in one spot.

Message 21 of 178 (1,921 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Silenced weapons? Why use those?
Message 22 of 178 (1,915 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Wow, now listening mode is OP too? If you guys don't like these core mechanics, why play and why post to the forums at all? Without LM, it's just a totally different (and not as fun, imo) game...also, Strategist is a just another good ability in a long list of good abilities. Covert training is still better, so whinge about Strategist?

Message 23 of 178 (1,907 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I wondered why all my friend don't play this game. Hell, this game isn't played by very many people at all. I wonder why? Maybe because team piling isn't fun.
Message 24 of 178 (1,903 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 25, 2013

So the complaint is that a skill is useful in some areas of some maps, and that ruins the GAME for you?

OK.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 25 of 178 (1,874 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I just learned a sad fact tonight. ND insists on having SA in their games. It's uncountable in this game. No wonder it's not more popular.

Uncounterable SA within a few feet. It makes doing anything but stay next to your team at all times a waste of time. It makes sneaking around and flanking a waste of time.

I honestly can't stand SA. Apparently people are ok with it in the game. I'm not. It's a joke.

Hmm, honestly I see no issue at all here. Don't care if they see me around corners, I'll get'em down anyways lol

Message 26 of 178 (1,871 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
The complaint is that you can clear entire areas without going into them just by being on the level above or below it.
Message 27 of 178 (1,862 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I love this game alot, BUT!! i think the whole "X-RAY VISION" (call it what you want) ruins the whole atmosphere of the game, which is why after the demo came out I've kept it disabled since......I'ts a cheap gimmick that ruins the immersion of the game...and it being available for everyone to use is kinda dumb....it just doesn't fit this game AT ALL.... Maybe in a cartoony, comic book based type of game? but not here. Im glad they gave us the option for SP, its pretty much a glorified wallhack? whats the point? Which is why im hoping ND comes through with a hardcore playlist....And I'm not trying insult anyone who goes around using it I just feel it doesn't blend in with the whole survival horror aspect of this game....i dont know, but i never could stand any of ND's boosters they add to the multiplayer aspect of their games.... it just feels "Tacky" UC had some as well that just seemed cheesy... kickbacks, etc...some kind of fit the game though like crafter for instance, seeing as how its a part of the main focus of surviving and making things on the fly...but seeing through walls and crap like that just takes it overboard...IMO maybe if they explained how Joel (and the factions) acquired this ability i'd probably be more open to it....../rant over .and on a side note i still love the multiplayer.

Message 28 of 178 (1,852 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4909 posts

Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I wondered why all my friend don't play this game. Hell, this game isn't played by very many people at all. I wonder why? Maybe because team piling isn't fun.

This game was never an MP game, and lots of people don't even know it has one. Even if they did, it's a very slow-paced unique ND game that isn't everyone's cup of tea. And when I tell my friends about it, I also tell them that they might not like it.

Lots of people I know don't like TPS online MPs, so people not playing the game has absolutely nothing to do with Strategist or Listen Mode, unless you can prove that.

As for Strategist, I never tried it honestly, but I never noticed people flanking me when I'm running Covert Training 2/3. Plus, when I'm not running Cover, I have an agressive playstyle where I run most of the time, as there is no point in crouching/walking. So either way, I'm not really concerned about Strategist or Listen Mode. If you compare Survival Skills like Covert Training, First Aid Training and Crafter, I would say most players would prefer those over 3 loadout points just to see enemies "around the corner".

As I said before, nothing beats a well organised team in this game. And I don't see how such a small radius of Strategist could become a game ruiner all of a sudden. How can you know enemies saw you because of it? Simple answer is.. you can't.

Message 29 of 178 (1,846 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
My friend's tried it and liked it initially. Now nearly all of them have completely stopped playing it. If this game is so deep and nuanced then why is the competitive side of this game dead? Same with the parties playlist. I run into the same people all the time.
Message 30 of 178 (1,835 Views)
0 Likes