Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
My friend's tried it and liked it initially. Now nearly all of them have completely stopped playing it. If this game is so deep and nuanced then why is the competitive side of this game dead? Same with the parties playlist. I run into the same people all the time.

Well, it lacks replay value due to two playlists and little customization, but the core gameplay is really good and balanced. Hell, even my real life friends who never liked UC3 gave this a go and now I'm playing with them every single day. Those guys tried UC3 once and never came back. This says something.

I have never ran into the same players twice, and the matchmaking server always matches me with people in my region (I can know from their PSN IDs). I see much less lag since I rarely if ever get matched with people from US, Canada, etc. I don't know about the competitive side, but I've seen tripleWRECK and some others playing competitively too, not sure where you got the information that it's dead.

It's fine, if you don't like it anymore, play what you have fun with. I'm certainly having so much fun playing this with people I personally know, even after I unlocked the final piece of customization a week back.

Message 31 of 178 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Where are people getting the idea of a small player base?

How can a game that's been top of the sales charts for 7 weeks (in the UK alone) have a small player base?

Granted, not everyone is going to play the multiplayer because they either don't like it or are a bit of a buzzkill and won't even try it, but saying there's hardly anyone playing doesn't make sense.

Message 32 of 178 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17639 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Competitive play is dead?

What's your basis for that? I play solo in both play lists, I haven't run into anyone from here randomly, nor do I remember the same person other than when we all stay in lobby

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 33 of 178 (682 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
My friend's tried it and liked it initially. Now nearly all of them have completely stopped playing it. If this game is so deep and nuanced then why is the competitive side of this game dead? Same with the parties playlist. I run into the same people all the time.

Did they go back to UC3 MP or what?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 178 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Seems to me that ND games will always be known for two things.
1. Situational awareness
2. Matching you up against players with signal strength thats less than my remote starter for my car.
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 35 of 178 (669 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Pdiss said there are 6 active teams on FN. That is barren. That is dead.

NaughtyDog games core mechanic is SA.
Message 36 of 178 (664 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Most my friends are playing random games. Occasionally U3 but not much.
Message 37 of 178 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 25, 2013
The problem is that it was fun for me. The stealth was fun but now the stealth part isn't even there. I always wondered why people had perfect timing turning around when I would be creeping up behind for the shiv.
Message 38 of 178 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Am I the only one that don't know what SA means? lol..

Strategist 2 is one of my favorite skills. It's subtle, but gives you advantages in so many ways in the right situation. But it's hardly OP'ed. You can go for entire matches without seeing any benefit at all, because it's just that situational.

I do agree that the vertical aspect needs to get fixed though. You shouldn't be able to detect someone several feet below you AND off to the side. Maybe if you were directly on top, but not just by being on the same general X/Y coordinates.
Message 39 of 178 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

It'd support a change in it being effective vertically. As is I don't even want to play it.

Message 40 of 178 (646 Views)
0 Likes