First Son
12 posts

Re: Strategist 2 has ruined the game for me

Jul 26, 2013

I can't find the quote button...but

"Yes listen mode is so balanced that nearly everyone uses Covert 2 just to avoid it. It's sooooooo balanced..."

Actually yes, it is balanced. It also requires a small amount of skill to use effectively since you can only use it for a few seconds before needing it to recharge again. Covert 2 adds an extra dimension to the game. And fyi I don't use Covert 2 on all of my loadouts.

Message 81 of 178 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

I can't find the quote button...but

"Yes listen mode is so balanced that nearly everyone uses Covert 2 just to avoid it. It's sooooooo balanced..."

Actually yes, it is balanced. It also requires a small amount of skill to use effectively since you can only use it for a few seconds before needing it to recharge again. Covert 2 adds an extra dimension to the game. And fyi I don't use Covert 2 on all of my loadouts.

Sharp Ears says hi. Once again, it's soooo balanced that everyone uses Covert 2 when they play a challenging team. When you are practically required to use a booster just to "balance" an ability then it's not balanced.

Message 82 of 178 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

the dude is comparing stuff that is in game with actual glitches lmfao this forum is gold

Message 83 of 178 (836 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jul 26, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

ScarecrowsFate wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

The game overall has a fairly nice balance to it, especially when you consider all the parts and variables to it. It's very team oriented and at a topt tier level of play, everyone has a role to play/speciality and it's the combination of these parts and how well they work togeather that's what make it great. Rest assured a bunch of little tryhards all trying hard all runing the same old tryhard loadout of covert training 3, semi, etc...aren't going to win over a well organized team that all understand the nuances of the game and how to make them all work in tangent. It's not perfect but I sincerly doubt strategist is going to be the thing that is really going to make many be like "oh **bleep** this multiplayer is absurdly unbalanced/unskilled".

Pretty much how I feel; Strategist was hardly the most significant factor in us getting scraped that match. As someone with no experience in competitive customs, I knew there was zero chance of success against their well-oiled machine, but I stayed in for the challenge. Even would have enjoyed playing another, but the ridiculous, immature trash talk from both sides put me right off - probably why I've avoided the competitive scene to begin with.

Honestly, I strongly dislike when a game features radars, see-through abilities and whatnot, yet I can tolerate it if counters are provided. No, Strategist cannot be hidden from, but the radius is far too limited to sour me on this game. What IS making my interest wane is the terrible lack of variety. I should probably pick up a few games I've been meaning to try, and spend some time away from this MP until more is on offer.

No it wasn't the most significant factor but played a part. It severely limits the effectiveness of certain strategies and is especially damaging when 3 people on a team have no idea they can be spotted a whole level below someone. We had no real gel or counter to being pushed back. We really didn't have much communication. blackguy never plays the game and it was his first match in probably 3+ weeks and he was trying to use the bow on top of that. I wasted bombs, molotovs, and never had a good opportunity to use the shotgun purchasable.

My biggest regret in the match was the opening. I landed a perfect smoke stun on the guy in the bathroom, and went for the shiv, but my character got snagged around the door TWICE. I then had to resort to the upgraded plank, which got ME shivved from behind. If I had passed through the door properly, I could have stabbed the first guy, then turned around to plank my pursuer, and perhaps things would have turned out at least slightly better.

Have to say, though, I almost enjoyed the owning. First time I got to see a legitimately impressive opposing team in this game.

Message 84 of 178 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2754 posts

Jul 26, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

teffyz wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

teffyz wrote:

neverbelow wrote:
That's what radar is, that's what listen mode is, and that's what SA is at its core.

usually the advantage of a wallhack is that the other team doesn't have a wallhack, everyone has access to those tools in this game.

Let's review how flawed this logic is for the benefit of everyone around. I'll simply replace the word wallhacks with something else:

usually the advantage of a aimbot is that the other team doesn't have a aimbot, everyone has access to those tools in this game.

usually the advantage of infite health and ammo is that the other team doesn't have infite health and ammo, everyone has access to those tools in this game.

usually the advantage of an out of map glitch is that the other team doesn't have an out of map glitch, everyone has access to those tools in this game.

usually the advantage of a one hit kill area of effect weapon is that the other team doesn't have a one hit kill area of effect weapon, everyone has access to those tools in this game.

Just because everyone has access to it doesn't mean it's good to have in the game as a "feature".

Besides the fact that my logic is actually correct.  There is no advantage if everyone is using a wallhack, just like if everyone had infitinite health no one has the advantage.  The advantage comes into play when the other team doesn't have access to it.

Advantage? No. Enjoyable gameplay? Also no. Have you tried playing a game where everyone has all the cheats possible? Please try CS in a lobby where everyone has a hack with all the cheats available. I don't think there is an infinite health cheat in CS but all the rest are there. It basically just has everyone headshotting each other through the map at the start of the map. It's not fun.

Just because everyone has access to an ability doesn't mean it makes for good gameplay and especially not for competitive games.

For example, everyone had access to ridiculous blindfire accuracy in U3 at launch but did it makes for fun or enjoyable gameplay? No. Do I even need to go on?

Fun or not fun is just your opinion, but is it fair that everyone has blind-fire abilities?  Yes it is.  And its fair that everyone has access to listen mode, and strategist.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 85 of 178 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jul 26, 2013

its fair to assume that neverbelow doesnt know what a glitch or a hack is

Message 86 of 178 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Jul 26, 2013

teffyz wrote:

Fun or not fun is just your opinion, but is it fair that everyone has blind-fire abilities?  Yes it is.  And its fair that everyone has access to listen mode, and strategist.

Oh fair? Sure. I never said it wasn't fair. I never even said that it gave someone else an advantage over the other person. I just said it completely takes away certain strategies and promotes others. It actually makes the game less complex and nuanced just as having any other "feature", like say an aimbot, would take away from the naunced or complex nature of any game.

Yes it is my opinion that wallhacks are bad for gameplay.

Message 87 of 178 (807 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

ThePurestOne wrote:

its fair to assume that neverbelow doesnt know what a glitch or a hack is

It's fair to assume that I'm using the term wallhack because that's what they've been most often referred to before they became "features" in games. I could call it "an ability that lets you see an enemy through a wall" but that'd be a waste of time. It's fair to assume that you're either retarded or young enough to not know anything before Halo came out.

Message 88 of 178 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6158 posts

Jul 26, 2013

To be quite honest, I'm well aware that listen mode is fairly balanced in this game yet it still doesn't deserve to be in this game at all. No matter how you spin it...it really is just a wall-hack.

Like explained already, you have to either devote a good chunk of your loadout to PARTIALLY avoid the thing or just face the fact that everyone can see you through walls and buildings at any point in time.

From my view the game would work just fine without listen mode in it, I mean people are already punished for being loud with unsilenced weaponry, running, and the radar. All listen mode does is point out the more quiet people who don't wanna waste 4 points on a skill that barely helps them

photo Sniper.png
Message 89 of 178 (797 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jul 26, 2013

"Sharp Ears says hi. Once again, it's soooo balanced that everyone uses Covert 2 when they play a challenging team. When you are practically required to use a booster just to "balance" an ability then it's not balanced."

Ok lets try this again.

1. Sharp ears or not, you can only use it for a limited time so you can't constantly spam the ability.
  2. Did I not just tell you that I don't use Covert 2 for all my loadouts? There's also a thread about how Covert 2 is overrated.
  3. It's a booster that counters an ability in the game. An optional booster...that also has boosters to counter itself (strategist).

I'm not great at this game by any means...but maybe you're just upset that people are better than you? Like Teflyz says, all these "boosters" are part of the game and are limited by their loadout points. Are you going to tell me Marathon Runner, Brawler, Revive, Crafter and First Aid are also unbalanced?

Message 90 of 178 (792 Views)
0 Likes