Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Strategy for MP Trophies for people who are not good at Killing

May 12, 2014

My main problem is not actually being shot or anything like that...... the problem is having someone shiv me sneakily behind me. That's why always look behind you you no matter what Smiley Very Happy

young beard signature
Message 61 of 75 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

May 12, 2014

Ive decided to meet the people in this thread who have opposite opinions to me half way and instead of participating for half the game Ill participate for most of it. Thats my effort towards meeting you half way.

Message 62 of 75 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 12, 2014

So I'm newer to this game, I've been playing around 2 months now.  It seems to me this is a very team oriented game, the objective is to work together as a team and win (yes, I know, thank you Mr. Obvious). So the better tactics to earn trophies are those which are consistent with the overall objective of the game, yes?

So why not run as a support member of your team. Run like a Hawk Eye, Reviver, Covert, and maybe the Marathon Runner, and use the cheaper amour 1x perk, with a side arm of your choice.  Take a rear guard position or watch the flanks, call people out with the Hawk Eye and dip out quickly and hide. And in the meantime if one of you mates goes down you can heal them quickly then make like a fat girl in doge ball and get out.

Tell your mates in the lobby if you play lone wolf that this is your plan. Just be cool about it, tell 'em you’re not a pro at getting downs, you want to earn the trophies but you’re not going to hunker down after three kills and leave them hanging.  As long as folk’s aren’t complete D-Bags you should be good, they may even help protect you if they know you still have their backs.  Or maybe party up with some buds, play the game legit, but have one guy you have to protect, I'd think that would be a fun "side game." 

I just think there are other tactics that one could use while being consistent with the objective of the game.

Message 63 of 75 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

May 12, 2014

You see that thread that Jungler made, that's a good one. Finding a good team to work together and get the trophies, helping each other out with teamwork and coordinated play, opting out to take the risks for the others if you died already.

Keep your wrong opinion about how messing up pubs is legit and ok, but know that there are better ways to go after these trophies even for people who are failing sucky awful people who can never not die.

P.S. after touching both DLC's for the first time solo, they are nearly unplayable, with enemies and teammates quitting left and right throughout the entire game after 1 death. I even had an interrogation match where my teammate let the enemy open our lockbox right in front of him just so he could most likely get the trophy sooner.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 64 of 75 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2014

This is when the Friday community game nights really come in handy Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 65 of 75 (69 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

May 12, 2014

Just been in a game where I didn't camp but just laid bombs so now Im not doing that lame camping thing you dislike and Im participating through the whole game. Thats my effort towards meeting you half way so whats your meeting me half way thing? how about you accepting how I choose to play as meeting me half way? Either meet me half way or Ill go back to my original plan. 

Message 66 of 75 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

May 12, 2014

git gud.

Message 67 of 75 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2014

Tramp947 wrote:

Just been in a game where I didn't camp but just laid bombs so now Im not doing that lame camping thing you dislike and Im participating through the whole game. Thats my effort towards meeting you half way so whats your meeting me half way thing? how about you accepting how I choose to play as meeting me half way? Either meet me half way or Ill go back to my original plan. 

There is nothing wrong with playing nonagressive during a game. I have no problems with anyone hiding with covert training during a gunfight as long as they partisipate and help when its needed meaning shoot with silenced weapon (i like the bow for that) or taking cover and healing teammates, flanking for a quick shiv or 2, marking enemies with damage marker and bombs/mollies/potatoe gun, or even going lone wolf and camping out at lockboxes to get a sneaky execution.

As long as you are helping to win the game and not hiding just to collect a trophy no one is going to have a problem with how you play. 

Message 68 of 75 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2014

Tim that sounds like you are still not happy about the way Im playing, am I right? or are you meeting me half way and accepting how I play? @ Sanddude I clearly said Im not good enough to get 0 deaths twice so stop your trolling. You are coming off as very immature. Im trying to reason with people here and you Sanddude are clearly not going to compromise like a mature adult would do.

Message 69 of 75 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

May 12, 2014

"I'll only mess up pubs slightly less" isn't a compromise. You're still ruining matches and refusing to actually improve yourself and earn the trophies normally.

Message 70 of 75 (47 Views)
0 Likes