Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Stuff

Jul 30, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

Ive NEVER been downed/executed by a smoke bomb. NEVER been insta-executed by 1 nail bomb (only have when they did a double bomb). And NEVER heard any of my friends complain about it. So either I am really lucky (along with all my friends), or ppl have crap connections and they just need to admit that its their connection that causes them to have this weird stuff. 

Only thing I have experienced is the Scissor Stick thing. But that I attribute that to my own connection. Sometimes it will get crap for like 2 mins, then rebound to perfect connection. 

This is the thought of 80% of ppl on thes forums: "If I am killed bc of somethin weird, it must be lag. And it is never me lagging, it is always the other team lagging"

Most of the stuff that Goldhawk has complained about has NOTHING to due with lag or a crappy connection.  There's a lot of inconsistent events that happen.  The death by smoke bomb issue is a thread I started.  I've seen and heard people on their mics talk about death by smoke bomb.  It's an uncommon event that happens occassionally.

Just yesterday I was instant killed by someone who threw a bomb at me and I was raging on the mic about it.  The nail stick issue however sounds like it's due to lag and even experiences that issue from time to time. 

I believe a lot of the issues are due to the sluggish and slow animations and you getting stuck in doing the animation when in reality you are already dead.  For instance, I shived someone and I performed the animation.  At the same time, his teammate threw a bomb at me and I instantly died.  Here's the kicker... the guy didn't die that I shived.  He was frozen for a second, then only went down...when I shived him.  If I did shiv him then he should be executed, not downed.  

It's just sketchy coding in combination with lag in some situations.  Other situations, it's just sketchy coding.

Thank you. 

Yeah, I would definitely blame coding as Uncharted 3's LAN mode is insanely buggy.  I have a video on my ps3 where I was fighting my nephew 1v1 in t-bolt only deathmatch and I shot him square in the johnson when he was flying through the air and it counted it as a headshot...1 shot kill...to the nads.  

There's been all kinds of problems with LAN but that's by far the biggest one I've seen.  Uncharted 1 and 3 have had insane hit detection issues in SP and co-op as well.  I wonder what part of the "lag" we're seeing is actual code problems and what is actual connection issues.  

either way, I hope to see some flawless ND MP games next gen.  I really don't want to see all of these crappy issues happening next gen. 

Message 31 of 39 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 30, 2013

CharlesButtlicks wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

What is with this game?  For real.  I'm getting executed by smoke bombs even when they don't land directly on me and I have full health.  My melee weapon will stab into someone and pull them down and instead of killing them it cancels out and they hit me with theirs.  People can smokebomb + shiv me when I'm about to melee them (after smoke effects wear off)

People are shooting me and dealing full damage when I have armor on and not taking my armor off... I keep getting killed instantly by nail bombs planted on the ground.  

I literally just had full health, full armor, around a corner and I die to one bomb?  That's around the corner?  full health?  and armor?  I throw molotovs on people and barley injur them?  

Quality **bleep** game.  

The people shooting you while you have full armor on could be aiming at your legs, and that's what's happening to you, but I do agree that the rest of this should not be happening.

I get this a lot, but there are just instances where the opponent absolutely cannot see my legs, but they still deal massive damage through my armor without actually breaking it. 

Message 32 of 39 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 30, 2013

PeetSquared wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Another Goldhawk special.

Must be the game, can't be him.

yeah you guys it's me.  Nope, naughtydog multiplayers aren't synonymous with lag or poor quality.  Nope.  Lets all take the advice of some lame **bleep** fanboy who isn't even **bleep** good at the game in the first place to tell us whose fault it is. 

Yep you heard it here folks, guy who can barely aim worth a **bleep** is just so great and wise that we should all take his words as facts and nothing more.  

How can I be as wise and as great as you oh scootgar?  I admit I was wrong to blame ND or poor matchmaking.  It's all me.  Me and my terrible 2.4 kdr.  Maybe it's my terrible 30+ download?  Or my somewhat decent 2 upload?  Oh god, I know I'm just the worst master.  Please forgive my complaints.  

You and scootgar seem to have previous dealings, but why do people think kdr means anything in these types of arguments? Get to my age, boys...support a family through college, while you work 65+hrs a week. You just do not have time to practice enough and your reaction time supposedly dwindles...this in no way diminishes what I know about a game. Skill does not equal knowledge of game mechanics.

Congrats on your 2+kdr and I feel for you about those glitches (I have not experienced them, but only have under a day in the game, so I will defer to the more experienced, here)...but no need to take the "kdr low road", lol. I have good KDRs in all the games I spend significant time in, but it doesn't make me an expert at anything technical. I only get that from observation, which has nothing to do with my kdr.

A good analogy: Some of the best sports coaches never played their respectives game at a pro level...

I actually work a minimum of 80 hours a week, with the exception of the last 2 weeks where we've gotten lucky and worked roughly 75 hours each week.  

Yes we've had past dealings, and that fuels my hatred a bit.  

Message 33 of 39 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@PeetSquared I agree about the coaches. But those coaches didn't occasionally play or study their sport when they had the time. Working long hours at the factory and coming home to hours of yard work. Then playing a little back yard basketball. Suddenly he's Coach K. Doesn't work that way. Those guys poured in countless hours to their sport. Most played until they physically couldn't hang with their peers. Whether that's 19 or 40 years old. Then they kept on studying. Probably ruining a bunch of personal relationships in the process. So no, your few hours here and there over a long time doesn't put you on par with the guys who have 3,4,5,10 times the hours played as you. It doesn't make your points invalid. It just reduces the relevance of your opinion. It also doesn't legitimize every unemployed, high kdr player's point either. Just perspective.

Btw, I'm a lot closer to you than them. 2 kids, 2 jobs. Maybe 1-2 hours a night to get on the sticks.

I hear you, and agree to a point but the analogy still stands. For instance, personally, I have played videogames since I saw Space Invaders in the bar my mom worked at. I was 6yo and have played games, consistently, since then. Even though TLOU is new to me, games aren't. I will always defer to well-thought out argument, but "My KDR is better than yours" is not one of them.

I have just finished my first 12 weeks of TLOU and my KDR is going up steadily. At first, however, it was dismal...like, the most dismal I've ever had in a game (lol on me, TLOU took a minute for me to grasp).  I'd been playing hyper-fast paced games like Gotham City Impostors, Crysis3 and CoD MPs and had to learn to adjust. My previous knowledge of gaming and willingness to train myself will and has carried me through. It is not unfeasable that while learning, I might have gleaned a lot of knowledge that someone who has a high KDR and a natural high skillset might miss.

I just think the ole "high KDR=knowledge" notion is so false. I can't even count how many idiots I have met with high KDRs and too much time on their hands.  Smarts and a willingness to learn are the main factors in knowledge--not time played or stats, imo.

One last thing I'd note here is that some of the high KDRs are a product of playing a game since release. This gives a false stat set, imo. These people know the "spots" better and have had more time playing against new players...put things on a more even footing and I garauntee we would see a lot of stats plummet.

Btw, we should party up sometime. I have another "old" friend who plays and maybe we could eventually find a fourth...show these young whippersnappers the way off our lawn. Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 39 (101 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Lag in this game has really got terrible for me during the last few weeks despite my connection being good. Shame as the game ran smoothly and was really fun to play online at release.

Message 35 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Jul 30, 2013
@PeetSquared I'm not necessarily speaking of high kdr players. But those with a lot of time played and decent kdr doesn't hurt. They obviously have a good grasp of the game and know how to take advantage of it. But their opinions are not paramount. They're just opinions in the end.

Yeah we should party up. My regular squad is pretty much only older players. Typically in the 25-35 range. One of them is 54 lol. Most of them have kids and jobs. Its all fun for us. We get semi-serious I guess. No thoughts of actual clan battles or anything. Send me a FR. I'm usually on around 9pm EST until 11 or later.
Message 36 of 39 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 31, 2013

PeetSquared wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@PeetSquared I agree about the coaches. But those coaches didn't occasionally play or study their sport when they had the time. Working long hours at the factory and coming home to hours of yard work. Then playing a little back yard basketball. Suddenly he's Coach K. Doesn't work that way. Those guys poured in countless hours to their sport. Most played until they physically couldn't hang with their peers. Whether that's 19 or 40 years old. Then they kept on studying. Probably ruining a bunch of personal relationships in the process. So no, your few hours here and there over a long time doesn't put you on par with the guys who have 3,4,5,10 times the hours played as you. It doesn't make your points invalid. It just reduces the relevance of your opinion. It also doesn't legitimize every unemployed, high kdr player's point either. Just perspective.

Btw, I'm a lot closer to you than them. 2 kids, 2 jobs. Maybe 1-2 hours a night to get on the sticks.

I hear you, and agree to a point but the analogy still stands. For instance, personally, I have played videogames since I saw Space Invaders in the bar my mom worked at. I was 6yo and have played games, consistently, since then. Even though TLOU is new to me, games aren't. I will always defer to well-thought out argument, but "My KDR is better than yours" is not one of them.

I have just finished my first 12 weeks of TLOU and my KDR is going up steadily. At first, however, it was dismal...like, the most dismal I've ever had in a game (lol on me, TLOU took a minute for me to grasp).  I'd been playing hyper-fast paced games like Gotham City Impostors, Crysis3 and CoD MPs and had to learn to adjust. My previous knowledge of gaming and willingness to train myself will and has carried me through. It is not unfeasable that while learning, I might have gleaned a lot of knowledge that someone who has a high KDR and a natural high skillset might miss.

I just think the ole "high KDR=knowledge" notion is so false. I can't even count how many idiots I have met with high KDRs and too much time on their hands.  Smarts and a willingness to learn are the main factors in knowledge--not time played or stats, imo.

One last thing I'd note here is that some of the high KDRs are a product of playing a game since release. This gives a false stat set, imo. These people know the "spots" better and have had more time playing against new players...put things on a more even footing and I garauntee we would see a lot of stats plummet.

Btw, we should party up sometime. I have another "old" friend who plays and maybe we could eventually find a fourth...show these young whippersnappers the way off our lawn. Smiley LOL

Well, there's no feasible way that everyone with a high KDR is terrible at the game.  Nor does having a high KDR mean "they have too much time on their hands."  I have very little free time and I'm still very, very good at games.  

I just hate how people who aren't as good try as hard as they can to make people who are good not sound special at all.  Some cases it's true...like people faking stats and what have you.  But not every case.  

Message 37 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jul 31, 2013

@Goldhawk: I agree, which is why I never speak or write in superlatives (see what I did there, lol?). Seriously, I know many people with high KDRs are smart and have good stuff to offer. My point is that neither a high KDR nor a low KDR is indicative of the insight one may have to offer about a game.

I know that you know, if you've been gaming for half a minute, there are many drooling fools that also carry a high KDR. When I see someone use it as a "point" in a discussion, I call it out as bunk. I don't mind if you don't agree, though. It's just my opinion. 

One last thing: I feel really bad for you if you are truly working 80hrs a week. That sucks.

Message 38 of 39 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 31, 2013

PeetSquared wrote:

@Goldhawk: I agree, which is why I never speak or write in superlatives (see what I did there, lol?). Seriously, I know many people with high KDRs are smart and have good stuff to offer. My point is that neither a high KDR nor a low KDR is indicative of the insight one may have to offer about a game.

I know that you know, if you've been gaming for half a minute, there are many drooling fools that also carry a high KDR. When I see someone use it as a "point" in a discussion, I call it out as bunk. I don't mind if you don't agree, though. It's just my opinion. 

One last thing: I feel really bad for you if you are truly working 80hrs a week. That sucks.

Well, just a heads up usually when I use it as a main point I'm not just nit picking and trying to pull random "facts" out of my arse to get at someone.  The person I mentioned I've had quite the history with.  Once in game and mostly forum and lets just say when I say that, I feel very confident that I'm right. Smiley Wink

Otherwise yeah, I know what you mean.  

The 80 hours isn't a joke.  Smiley Tongue  I work in a factory and I make utility truck bodies for companies like AT&T and verizon.  6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every day unless we don't reach a proper number in which case we might need to say until 4 and then if we continue to do bad during the week we work saturdays from 5 or 6 a.m. until at least 1 p.m.  It can be painful sometims and other times it's a walk in the park but meh it pays the bills.  

Message 39 of 39 (52 Views)
0 Likes