Sep 12 2013
By: Sponky Splicer 46 posts

Suggestions to prevent stolen kills - NAUGHTY DOG PLEASE READ -

19 replies 351 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

So I have a party of friends that I play with pretty frequently.  We play well together, use plently of teamwork, pay attention to who gets kills from enemies, but sometimes when it comes to getting kills we sometimes steal  from eachother. A lot times this usually happens when were all shooting at the same person and were frantically trying to get the points from a kill. Other times, its on purpose when someone else sees an opponent in a downed state and clearly outright steals it. It's also frustrating when your playing with randoms and this happens. 

I have an extremely good idea to  help prevent people stealing kills from downs. After an opponent is immediatley put into a downed state, the name of whoever caused it should appear above that enemy. The only people that would see the name would be on the team of the player that was attacking the enemy and would appear above the timer for bleeding out. If that can't work, just let everyone see it. All players would see that someone is down anyway. This way no one would have to fight over who killed who killed as frequently and wouldn't have to worry about letting an enemy bleed out to give the rewards to the person who deserved it. This also lets people go for a special execution quicker. 

I know this wouldn't outright prevent people from stealing eachothers kills , but I do think it would be a step in the right direction. Even making players come up with an abbreviation or nickname for their PSN to prevent too much clutter onscreen could work too. Halo does it so I don't see how that couldn't work either. 

Playing with randoms might be more appealing to others as well if you get paired up with people that were courteous enough to let people get their rightful kills. 

Naughty Dog, please take this into consideration as my teammates and I think this would be an excellent idea. I feel this would help out considerably with teamwork and playing with randoms.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 20 (351 Views)
Wastelander
529 posts

Re: Suggestions to prevent stolen kills - NAUGHTY DOG PLEASE READ -

Sep 12, 2013

Well firstly I don't think everyone sees this as a problem anyway. Most 'kill-stealing' is accidental and just happens in the heat of battle. if there IS anyone who deliberately looks for executions, they won't give a flying fart if someone elses name is above a downed player.

It kinda seems odd to see a post proclaiming 'teamwork' worrying so much about who gets the points or kudos for killing someone.

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 2 of 20 (345 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Sep 12, 2013
When playing with randoms, when my teammate loses a gunfight with an enemy and I then down the enemy, I execute the enemy first and then revive because people always steal the execution. It's like, dude, I saved your **bleep**, can you at least let me get my kill.
Message 3 of 20 (341 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Sep 12, 2013
...... is this serious? I just said it wouldn't outright prevent people from stealing kills. Its just makes it easier for people who deserve the points or PARTS.

"It kinda seems odd to see a post proclaiming 'teamwork' worrying so much about who gets the points or kudos for killing someone."

Actually it is good teamwork, but maybe more of a courtesy.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 20 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
493 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Seeing your teammates name in 2 different locations would be confusing. My team and I don't have much problem with kill stealing. We all pay attention and respect the work one another has done.
If we accidentally steal from each other, we usually laugh and jus' say "You can steal one back".
It's ALL about who you play with and having a mutual umderstanding.
This game is great the way it is. (buff the machete Smiley Happy) lol
Message 5 of 20 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I deliberately let my teammates execute enemies I've downed.

We both get supplies that way.
Message 6 of 20 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
493 posts

Sep 12, 2013
You don't get the supplies for the execution. This view is mislead unless each person trades equally.
Message 7 of 20 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I mean the supplies you get when the enemy dies.
Message 8 of 20 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Sep 12, 2013

"Seeing your teammates name in 2 different locations would be confusing. "

I could see that but, you can physically see where your teammates are at as well. Maybe the name could show up when your aiming at the downed player.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 20 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Sep 12, 2013

I don’t see this as an issue that needs to be solved with a game fix/patch…my friends and I generally talk it out and laugh about it afterward.

Message 10 of 20 (258 Views)