Splicer
70 posts

Re: Support Your Game ND!

Jan 11, 2014
Yea I agree with the OP, this game needs some work. I'm constantly matched up with people speaking Spanish or what sounds like Russian or Polish. The weapons seem unbalanced. 4 load out points for a machete that and gets you one whole down and will lose to a nail board every time. Yet the flamethrower takes no skill to use, costs 2 loadout points and can down 2-3 people very quickly. I would like to see the Molotov become less common. If it's a instant kill it shouldn't be as easy to craft as everything else.
Message 21 of 28 (132 Views)
Wastelander
713 posts

Jan 11, 2014
It isn't as easy to craft. Unlike a health kit it requires a binding which can be used for other useful things like a shiv or upgraded melee weapon. It's more of a trade.
Message 22 of 28 (120 Views)
Naughty Paw
9852 posts

Jan 11, 2014
"Takes no skill"

What does that mean?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 23 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Jan 11, 2014

While I agree that actual act of using a flamethrower takes no skill. (Holding 2 buttons down). The getting close enough to burn 2-3 people to make the flame thrower an effective purchasable takes a lot of skill as a stealthy player being you burn someone once with the flamethrower and most people tend to try to keep their distance. 

Message 24 of 28 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6475 posts

Jan 11, 2014

can't that be said about anything if you generalize it to holding 2 buttons down?

I mean literally all you do in this game or any game is press buttions, pressing buttons doesn't take skill.

photo Sniper.png
Message 25 of 28 (95 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 11, 2014
"Takes no skill" isn't the best way to word it. To clarify I mean that given how cheap it is to add to a loadout and that it drops people rather quickly without having to be percise with your aim; it seems to be unbalanced when compared to the other weapons. The weapons that can kill or down in one shot require a headshot to due so. The flamethrower requires a quick blast in close quarters and you get a kill. I realize that 2-3 kills with it is rare but not impossible if used on a bunched up team. I just think it should cost 4 loadout points like some of the other considering how effective it can be. As for the molotovs I know they aren't as common as a smoke bomb but I sure do see them flying through the air a lot per match. Since they are an instant kill if they land near you I just think they could be a little less common like the modded 2x4.
Message 26 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6475 posts

Jan 11, 2014

actually a quick blast from the flamethrower won't kill you. It will only injure you, maybe from the start of the cone, but not in regular close quarters. If you pay attention to your health when getting attacked by a flamethrower it just cuts your health down in increments, albeit really quickly, but it doesn't instantly kill you.

photo Sniper.png
Message 27 of 28 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Jan 11, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

can't that be said about anything if you generalize it to holding 2 buttons down?

I mean literally all you do in this game or any game is press buttions, pressing buttons doesn't take skill.

If that were true then everyone would get headshots 100% of the time. Flamethrower takes no real aim. Point in someone's general direction and hold down the buttons. Maybe swipe your control stick back and forth to follow the movement of a player (if they have armor on) 

But aiming does take skill and practice. That and teamwork is what separates the good players from the bad/new players. 

Message 28 of 28 (76 Views)