Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Re: THE BOW

May 21, 2014

I always pictured the special execution as giving them the nastiest splinter ever with the wood of the bow that it just irritates so much, they die.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 36 (116 Views)
Wastelander
708 posts

May 21, 2014
Strangling them with the string would be so epic.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 36 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

May 21, 2014

Hello, It's been a while since I haven't posted here...

Anyway, as a longtime bow-user I have to say that the bow is one of the best weapons in the game when handled correctly. It's a lone-wolf type of weapon. But even then you still need a good team to win the game.

Gameplay-wise it couldn't be more balanced, no changes are needed. However, they could lower the parts needed for upgrades. 800 for the last upgrade is too much honestly, especially when you look at other weapons that need less parts to upgrade...

So no, the bow is still a good weapon and you should always watch out for experienced bow-users...

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 36 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

May 22, 2014

I wish I could record but I don't have any method of doing so. My bow loadout is just the bow, the revolver, Agility 3 and Covert 3. And I use the bow ALL the time. No other weapon works with me.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

May 22, 2014

I think that rather than lowering the upgrade cost, players should get bonus parts for bow kills.

NiceCrew
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 36 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

May 22, 2014

BR_Empresario wrote:
I know you guys are real good bowmen, but don't you do better with another weapon? My question is: Is the bow your main weapon? I mean, if you were in a world tlou contest, would you pick bow?

Overall, my best weapons in the game are (and have always been) the Bow, HR and Sniper Rifle...  the revolver and regular shotgun are the only other weapons I've ever managed to use decently well.

As I am better with accuracy-based  weapons, rather than "spread-fire" type weapons, I personally am better with the bow than others... though, if I start getting shot by a full-auto or assault rifle, then I'm pretty much done for (the only chance I normally have is if I manage to get a shot in before said annihilation commences).

If I go into a match with anything besides just a bow, I go in with the bow/sniper combo... the HR works well (as does the sniper)... but the scope zoom in time pretty much leads to death in a close combat situation for me... the bow/sniper gives the balance of that.  Ironically, I find I do worse with the bow when I use the sniper (I focus on sniper ammo/tactics moreso in those matches), so my overall performance suffers sometimes...  Plus, it gives away my position.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 36 (47 Views)
0 Likes