Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 11 2014
By: BortLicensePlate Uncharted Territory 1388 posts

THE BOW

[ Edited ]
35 replies 651 views Edited May 11, 2014

The weapon not the gesture!

Yeah nobody cares about this thing anymore lol.

Anyone recently played a match with a bow teammate / enemy? How did they do?

This needs to be buffed (not necessarily damage output). Subtract a loadout point, synergize the bow into an existing skill, idk, you guys figure this one out.

Everytime I see someone using a bow, I want to yell out, "PUT THAT BOW AWAY AND START SHOOTING!"

I tried the bow, imo, works best if you got the whole sneaky playstyle or if you got 100% headshot accuracy.

Message 1 of 36 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Re: THE BOW

May 11, 2014

I still love it, though I do wonder that when comparing to all the other weapons, this is like the only weapon that was not changed at all.

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 36 (645 Views)
Fender Bender
2260 posts

May 11, 2014

Incredibly effective when used well, but seriously difficult to use.

I bow to the bow users who do it right.

Maybe subtract a loadout point from it, but that means the good bow users will have a point left over for a DB.

Not a nice thought.

My NoobTube Channel

Campaign for CHICKEN MASK!

Message 3 of 36 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

May 11, 2014
The ppl who know how to handle a bow scare the **bleep** out of me.. You dont see m alot tho
I wouldn't touch you with a broomstick.
Message 4 of 36 (638 Views)
First Son
13 posts

May 11, 2014

Well I use a bow myself almost all the time, and I can't really complain about it. 3 Loadout points is alright considering that silenced guns take up 3 or 4. Damage is pretty nice as well.

I get enough downs with it, but I noticed that I depend on its upgrades in order to use it effectively from long range. Else it's a good close range and deadly medium range weapon.

The only complains I have are the costs for the two upgrades. They could be lower, something like 350 for the first and 700 for the second upgrade.

Message 5 of 36 (635 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

May 11, 2014

I use the bow a few times. I'm  Ok with it, still need to work on leading my target. The whole use of the bow in my opinion is for non aggressive tactics like stealth flanks or ambushing. Going head on with a bow is just asking for trouble. Yet I do see people winning fights with the bow against snipers and shotguns.

Message 6 of 36 (633 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

May 11, 2014

the bow is still very nice :smileyhappy: my favorite weapon since day 1. but the way things have changed it takes atleast the first upgrade to go toe to toe with the new full auto rifle and enforcer.

I Am Now the Official TLOU Factions Bow Executioner Dev.
Oh You didn't Know? You better CAAALLL Somebody!
Message 7 of 36 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2484 posts

May 11, 2014
Yeah, the burst and hunting got parts decrease, except the bow. Basicslly a nerf to the Bow.
I never use it anymore, its terrible for an assault type of player, you have to wait and be the last one left. Seems to be a favorite weapon for execution stealers lol.
Quotes from BGzHD:

"Listen Mode is Superman X-Ray vision and is OP"

"Tactical Shotgun makes the purchasable obsolete"

"Crossbow, or as I like to call it, DUH BEAST BOW"

"Crossbow makes the Bow obsolete"

"Im outta here yall, peace"

"You mad hype right now"
Message 8 of 36 (578 Views)
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

May 11, 2014
The bow has great range, great damage, great fun... BUT it seems everyone who claims doing well with bow has another main weapon with better results.

It's cool, nothing else. It's like picking Dan in Street Fighter series.
Message 9 of 36 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

May 11, 2014
I think the bow is just fine. It's a high risk/reward weapon that takes some skill to use well. If anything it could maybe use a reduction in the upgrade costs like the burst & hunting rifle just got.
Message 10 of 36 (530 Views)
0 Likes