Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Re: THE BOW

May 12, 2014
I use the bow all the time in my stealth loadout, great weapon.
One of the most gratifying weapons to use. Last game I played I shot this guy in the face from about 10 ft instadowning him, turned him over for the special execution and he had the arrow sticking out of his cheek.
So it produces a nice touch of gore in this censored, Orwellian continent.
Message 11 of 36 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

...of mohicans and green hoods...

May 12, 2014

Skilled bowmen are few.

I have to say, because of its learning curve, it is the only weapon I accept getting killed by. Especially if it is head on, and not with the goddamn irritating corner trick shot. I am sort of at peace whenever I get slain by it, unlike with the other weapons. Quite odd really.

Regardless, before DLC 2, aka Call Of Duty change, came out, I encountered an exclusive bow using squad, and I admit that they pretty much crushed me. Even though I was not in a party. But no excuses. That match, they were superior.

If you can master it, it is a thing of beauty. However, few succeed, and most die trying.

I second the reduction to the upgrades. Something like the recent burst buff, upgrade wise, would be most satisfying.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 12 of 36 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

May 12, 2014
I'm not saying there isn't good bow players. I'm just saying it seems like every good bow player does better with another weapon (hr or silenced sar). I mean, the guy is good, not the weapon.
Message 13 of 36 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 12, 2014

BR_Empresario wrote:

It's cool, nothing else. It's like picking Dan in Street Fighter series.

I'd say it's more like Vega/Claw.

And I'm pretty sure arrows hurt more or just as much as bullets, yet the bow hardly causes any damage wobble penalties. In Skyrim, if you take an arrow in the knee, your adventuring days are over.

But yeah, parts decrease like the BR and HR would be nice.

Message 14 of 36 (304 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 12, 2014

i like using the bow, im no master with it, but ive had some really good games with it. and of course some really bad games. but it gives you an edge already being silent, then it can be hard to tell where the shot even came from.

ive had several games where i flanked several enemies shooting at my teamates and ill take them all out because all they did was duck behind cover, thinking it was my buddies. Then i left them for my teamates to get some more points cuz i care about my team Smiley Wink

BR_Empresario wrote:

And I'm pretty sure arrows hurt more or just as much as bullets, yet the bow hardly causes any damage wobble penalties. In Skyrim, if you take an arrow in the knee, your adventuring days are over.

i thought this was pretty funny ^^^ Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 36 (288 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 12, 2014

I wish the bow had it's own unique special execution. All it is right now is pounding someone to death. It would cooler if the arrow exection had you bring the bow close to the person's face and then firing into the brain Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 16 of 36 (275 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

May 12, 2014
Bow is an awesome weapon, although I'm surprised the corner shot thing didn't got patched yet. Unlike most other weapons it requires some skill to use and is very efficient at what it does when you manage to master it. It's not SAR or FAR. You usually can't go head to head with another weapon as it's made mostly for flanking and cover shots, but in skilled hands, even a shoot out between the Bow and SAR is manageable to win for the arrow guy. I like it for being silent, have to visible trail behind it's projectiles, has one shot headshot down, one shot execution and one shot armor destruction.
Message 17 of 36 (250 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 12, 2014

ive thought several times about special arrows such as poisoned or flaming arrows (the latter being more realistic) just im not sure how theyed fit into the multiplayer such as price, chance in boxes, damage, etc. I feel theyed be easier to track with like a smoke trail and theyed cause fire damage like molotovs (not that much just you recieve damage in a similar way)

not saying they should be implemented in an update, maybe in a TLoU2 game? just a thought

Message 18 of 36 (238 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

May 13, 2014
Every weapon can do the corner shot thing. It's that moment when your char change the way he holds the gun near the corner. The reticle must be almost pointing the wall. Even pistol do this.
The bow's advantage is its corner shot make you less exposed than other guns, but you still can shot their arms (with full damage) and this will screw their aim. Or you can just rush them in zigzag.
Not a big deal.
Message 19 of 36 (197 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 13, 2014

"PUT THAT BOW AWAY AND START SHOOTING!" Hahahahahahahahahaha I thought I was the only one who has those words in my head XD

Well, the problem is that there are some not good players trying to use the bow, but I have some friends who are really good using the bow, so the problem is not the bow, is the player.

They see me posting. They hating.
Message 20 of 36 (182 Views)