Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: THE BOW

May 14, 2014

The bow is so friggin strong now lol Kind of annoying if someone is a beast at corner shooting. But I'm fine with that

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 36 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

May 14, 2014
The bow already to powerful, it already has a silencer feature, 2 shots even with armor which causes penetration damage, if all else make it a purchaseable wepon, swap it with Double barrel.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 36 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

May 15, 2014
Man, have you been killed by bow users that much?
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 36 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
23 posts

May 15, 2014

LOL the bow is my main weapon and 1 of 5 shoots actually lands on the enemy :smileysad: With any other weapon I have better results even with 0 practice

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 36 (222 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

May 19, 2014
I'd like to think I'm a pretty talented bow user myself. The funny thing about it is that I can't play very well with other weapons. I blame my hundreds of hours of playing a stealth soldier on Metal Gear Online. I don't think my bow needs a buff. At times, it seems unfair to my opponents. Example, when being aimed with properly, it can take down groups of people very quickly! One scenario that happens too often is when I managed to sneak around folks and be behind them with all of their backs facing me. It takes a second or two to perfectly line up the reticule to the back of one of their heads and bam, instant down. In the next second when their team mates are reacting to their ally falling and still not noticing me, bam. Another headshot down. It seems to always be that only after two downs, then the enemy will finally react to me. I generally don't have enough time to line up another headshot since the last guy is already firing but it doesn't matter. A fully upgraded bow can fire about 3 arrows in 2 seconds when just quickdrawing. At close range, those arrows always land. In a matter of a littleover 5 seconds, I got 3 downs and three executions. And ammo is never am issue since you pick up 3 arrows on each fellow you kill. I've done this many, many times. Whenever it's groups of 2, 90% of the time I prevail. When it groups of 3, it's a good 70%. Groups of 4 however aren't too successful so I normaly don't engage until one of them wanders off.

Now I'm not bragging here, I just wanted to give y'all an idea of the perspective of a decent bowman.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 36 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

May 19, 2014
I would love to see that. Can you upload a video? What's your loadout?
I can down a enemy or two when I'm facing their backs only, and if only, THEY DON'T HAVE MICS. And as soon someone spots me, I have to retreat, because I can't land a single arrow if I get shot. The damage wobble is so severe that I just can win heads up if I'm running SS3. In this case, my loadout is bow, ss3 and ct3... Blah... It isn't worth a whole loadout to ambush a guy or two.

Just not to say is pretty harder now to get a whole team's back with the new awareness 2. You think you're covered, crouch walking behind a window, but you have a huge red neon on your head instead.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 36 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
68 posts

May 19, 2014

How to make the Bow realllllyyy OP...... Allow the arrows to be used as shivs or at least a special execution. 

SanchoWest Gaming: Comedy and Good Honest Gaming
Twitter: @SanchoWest
Facebook: facebook.com/sanchowestgaming
YouTube: YouTube.com/SanchoWest
Twitch: Twitch.TV/SanchoWest
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 36 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

May 19, 2014

I would say it's less about how good you are at aiming and more about how good you are at setting up situations where the bow works best.

It has taken me a long time to find a bow loadout that works for me. I will have a video on it next week :smileyhappy:

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 36 (145 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

May 20, 2014
And Sancho's trolling us.....
I know you guys are real good bowmen, but don't you do better with another weapon? My question is: Is the bow your main weapon? I mean, if you were in a world tlou contest, would you pick bow?
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 36 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

May 21, 2014

I always imagined the special execution would be awesome if they pulled an arrow from the quiver and stuck it in the enemy's eye. 

NiceCrew
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 36 (97 Views)
0 Likes