Jun 22 2013
By: sQuiiDx PlayStation MVP 1973 posts

TLOU Competitive League - Hosted by FraggedNation

26 replies 1692 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

okjXMm6.png

The Last of Us Competitive League

Those who are familiar w/ the Uncharted Competitive League on FraggedNation, we’re aiming to build TLOU up to the same caliber that the UCL has held for over a year. Season has already started and teams are already getting a head start. This season will be more of a “tester” as things will change with patches and DLC but we do have a tournament planned for later this summer.

As of now, you play the game as is. So for the purists out there, jump on and play. It’s a best of 3, Supply Raid and Survivor mix. Get 4 of your buddies and jump on the ladder!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or tripleWRECK (He is the Game Director for TLOU) on here, PSN or on FN.

I’ll keep y’all updated as info comes in. Thanks y’all!

CLICK HERE FOR LADDER

(Posted this on my phone. Excuse the format issues)

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 1 of 27 (1,692 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Re: TLOU Competitive League - Hosted by FraggedNation

Jun 22, 2013
We're making TLOU MP big, major support is on the way too. So pumped!
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 2 of 27 (1,685 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Jun 22, 2013

meh, don't really have a group I'd wish to roll with and those who are usually looking for people aren't very good. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 3 of 27 (1,663 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1973 posts

Jun 22, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

meh, don't really have a group I'd wish to roll with and those who are usually looking for people aren't very good. 

Lol. No worries man. It's always open to anyone willing to play. 

USN 04-08
Message 4 of 27 (1,646 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16338 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Glad to see you guys in on this already.

Would it be possible for you to get with whomever in the league streams, and post their stream times/days/video pages here for us to watch?

Thanks.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 5 of 27 (1,633 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1973 posts

Jun 22, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Glad to see you guys in on this already.

Would it be possible for you to get with whomever in the league streams, and post their stream times/days/video pages here for us to watch?

Thanks.

Once we get a idea of a schedule and the league takes off (probably take a month-ish), then I'll update this. You already know triple will stream. 

USN 04-08
Message 6 of 27 (1,631 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10154 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I don't like competing in videogames, but you guys got my support.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 27 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jun 22, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
We're making TLOU MP big, major support is on the way too. So pumped!

Hey,

Totally respect all the work you guys put in for the community and for all the good content on your channel and streams along with all the cool stuff on FN but I really need to know and understand why you think this MP is big. I agree the SP is epic and the MP is good from a very different point of view but why do you think it can be a good competitive multiplayer for a consistent period of time. Lets say, like UC2 and UC3 were. They were 3x times faster than this one, had two players more, had many game modes and had a lot of different things that made competing possible. Here though, things are different.

Why do you think a campy (correct me if I am wrong) game like this could do for entertainment value? Uhm, lets agree; you guys also have this on your agenda, right? From that perspective - why do you think this would be such a big MP? I have played quite a bit of this game and the more people learn about it the slower each game gets. Which IMHO is not a bad thing per say for the game because for those playing the game it is still intense but this may not be the case for people watching it.

Good luck with the FN part though; I'll watch how things proceed and sign up sometime when they pick up. I just do not understand the FN ladder system though. Should spend more time reading.. or probably if you'll have a link for me :smileyhappy:

Cheers!~

-RyukDG

P.S: Constructive feedback ONLY was given above.

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 8 of 27 (1,610 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Once we get a handful of changes implemented (including new modes) this game will be incredibly competitive. Sponsors are already interested in tournaments and the fact that this game is so unique compared to today's MP offerings helps a lot.

We'll be pushing this hard as the PS3's last MP exclusive until moving over to Shadow Fall this autumn/winter.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 9 of 27 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jun 22, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Once we get a handful of changes implemented (including new modes) this game will be incredibly competitive. Sponsors are already interested in tournaments and the fact that this game is so unique compared to today's MP offerings helps a lot.

We'll be pushing this hard as the PS3's last MP exclusive until moving over to Shadow Fall this autumn/winter.

Alright. This was all bound to happen during the initial days due to all the hype this game had around it and yes, the game as a package is awesome but if you just look at the MP and I don't know if you have played the MP for Tombraider, I find incredible similarities in the way these games played out from the bow to the limited ammo part.

You're talking about things from a very commercial point of view (for competitive MP) and I hope things pan out well but do you really.. as in really really... not just because you have a deep association with Sony/ND think that the MP can be applied to what constitutes to be a fair and entertaining round of gameplay? Ok, ignore the fair part but still...

If you really think that, then I think thats primarily because you've never been audience to it, lol. You are probably always on the other side making the content.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 10 of 27 (1,569 Views)
0 Likes