Fender Bender
2812 posts

Re: TLOU:R EU version censored confirmed (As if there was any doubt)

Jul 14, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Am I being stupid in saying it would be a simple big standard patch to turn on for regions that aren't Germany?

If they simply made a gore toggle you can't touch for the EU versions of the game, I'd be REALLY surprised.

So, my first guess would be no, it is not just a simple patch. They probably took all of that data out of the EU discs and simply patching the EU versions would be annoying when the other regions would not be affected at all by the update.

Nah, they keep all data on the disc intact and then they just disable it with a boolean value (true/false).

It's easier that way. That's why Fadi was able to find lots of hidden gems...

So no, I don't understand why it would be "annoying". It's just a matter of principles for some people. Just like Rika/Wetsuit Elena being disabled in UC3, even though the data existed on the disc.

Granted, it's nothing game breaking (like party splits). It's just a matter of principles and you ought to respect that. You don't have to be a Rika/Wetsuit Elena/EU fan to understand that.

Message 31 of 42 (253 Views)
Naughty Paw
20306 posts

Jul 14, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Am I being stupid in saying it would be a simple big standard patch to turn on for regions that aren't Germany?

If they simply made a gore toggle you can't touch for the EU versions of the game, I'd be REALLY surprised.

So, my first guess would be no, it is not just a simple patch. They probably took all of that data out of the EU discs and simply patching the EU versions would be annoying when the other regions would not be affected at all by the update.

Nah, they keep all data on the disc intact and then they just disable it with a boolean value (true/false).

So no, I don't understand why it would be "annoying". It's just a matter of principles for some people. Just like Rika/Wetsuit Elena being disabled in UC3, even though the data existed on the disc.

Granted, it's nothing game breaking (like party splits). It's just a matter of principles and you ought to respect that. You don't have to be a Rika/Wetsuit Elena/EU fan to understand that.

I don't remember Fadi doing much for this game. Thought he dropped off the face of the Earth near the tail end of UC3.

But if the data is all there, then yes, it should be quite simple to re-enable, if we're correct and it's all hidden behind an on/off switch we can't access.

Message 32 of 42 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:

I don't remember Fadi doing much for this game. Thought he dropped off the face of the Earth near the tail end of UC3.

But if the data is all there, then yes, it should be quite simple to re-enable, if we're correct and it's all hidden behind an on/off switch we can't access.

I think he had posted some hidden strings/images from the TLOU disc.

Message 33 of 42 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20306 posts

Jul 14, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

I think he had posted some hidden strings/images from the TLOU disc.

Oh right, that. From the few weeks before the game launched and nobody knew what the multiplayer was about. Some interesting stuff there that was cut from the final release.

Other than that, I don't think he did anything.

Message 34 of 42 (224 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jul 16, 2014

Confirmation on the SCEE blog now as well.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/16/feels-play-last-us-remastered-1080p60fps/#comment-534805

"MP is the same as in the EU PS3 version – there have been no changes in this respect."

Such as waste. Go through the effort of remastering the game, only to butcher it.

Message 35 of 42 (170 Views)
Naughty Paw
20306 posts

Jul 16, 2014

Fish_Goes_Moo wrote:

Confirmation on the SCEE blog now as well.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/16/feels-play-last-us-remastered-1080p60fps/#comment-534805

"MP is the same as in the EU PS3 version – there have been no changes in this respect."

Such as waste. Go through the effort of remastering the game, only to butcher it.

Hear that EU? Better import your copy this time around.

Message 36 of 42 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
3192 posts

Jul 16, 2014

@Da_Almighty_Guy  Funny you should say that.

I've just been looking on ebay U.S. and the cheapest pre-order price on there comes to $60 including delivery.

What's $60 in real money?

Anyway, all DLC comes with remastered BUT with new DLC coming out this year, if you buy an import, you will need to buy the new DLC from the U.S. Playstation store.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 37 of 42 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jul 16, 2014
Message 38 of 42 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3192 posts

Jul 16, 2014

Ooooh that's cheap Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 39 of 42 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jul 16, 2014
@TheFunnyMan--

I challenge you to a Shadow Game, where I will send you to the Shadow Realm (basically, kill you in a children's card game)
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 40 of 42 (124 Views)
0 Likes