Nov 18 2013
By: smugglin_yoyos Gaming Beast 1513 posts

TLOU down the rabbit hole.

[ Edited ]
80 replies 452 views Edited Nov 18, 2013

Though I have stated many times on this forum how good of a job I believe Naughty Dog has done with
this game through out its concept design, aesthetically pleasing graphics, and overall feel of a post apocalyptic tactical multiplayer game, there is still one thing that I just cant let go.

This weekend (Fri, Sat) has been by far the worst experience I have seen with this game to date.
I'm not totally sure what exactly happened with this title the past few days but nearly every single match is
constantly matching players with 0-1 bars with players with 4-5 bar connections.
Not only that, but my self and everyone I have talk to has noticed some thing a miss with the spawns.
Nearly every match we played this weekend enemies and friendlily were spawning together when respawning.

Honestly a few more nights of this and I'm gone.
From Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, to this title In my eyes ND's multi players have a life span
of about six to eight months before their games are riddled with players outside of their own respective regions.
ND's games become so inconsistent at these points that they hardly remain fun.

I'm sure there will be the nay sayers to this thread, but to be honest I simply don't care.
I put my money where my mouth is when it comes to the b.s that Nd spits.
I'm not nor have been, a fanboy that turns a blind eye to this company or any other that I put my
hobby time, or hobby money into.
When these things, also the nerf brigade of U3 happened I also left that game.
Though I have never been a fan of first person shooters I took a chance on BF3 and ended up loving it.
Loving it so much that I spend, 60$ on the game, 50$ on the premium, and 30$ a month for server rental.
Adding this up, over the course of two years I had put in the pockets of Ea\Dice a total of 830usd.
I'm not sure why Nd settles for cheap gimmicks of stat hats or .99 cent micro transactions when they could
earn more money giving their customers a premium gaming experience with constant monitoring and dedicated server match making.

But, that's not what this thread it really about, though for discussion sake I'm explaining this to
show what a person who games could potentially invest in a balanced smooth game.
I'm not one in a 1000 people that have done this either.
When I left I talked several friends that were also fed up with the U3 experience into trying out BF3.
30 friends in all came and stayed, also investing in premium and server rentals.
These totals nearly double the price of buying a ps3 and Uncharted together.

When this game first came out I noticed some things built into its foundation that I simply don't understand.
Why any one who puts time or money into it feels that these simple issues are even allowed in what players call a
competitive multi player is I guess out side of my train of thought.
I work in a six sigma company and my job deals with not only being accurate but being consistently accurate, with little to no
discrepancies. Statistics for those of you that arent familiar with the term sigma.

I first noticed, being I also bought this title for my wife that watching her screen along with mine that certain things
aren't there in matches for all players.
I noticed health packs on the map for myself while not there for her, I noticed she could craft items I could not.
This even happening before the first recorded death in the match.
The more and more I play this game the more and more I am noticing these things.
I have learned to accept that Nd titles will always have sub par matchmaking with their inability to
understand that matching players together 8000 miles away doesn't work. It is disheartening that they lie about it and

they will remove players that challenge those lies but this is now the base line for this company.

Through out this weekend I played close attention to what I could make and what team mates could make and asking what items they had in inventory versus what I had and It is appalling the differences.

This game actually can determine the out come of the match with crated items before game play or the welfare system becomes in affect.

You are not getting the same items as your team mates, nor the other team.

The health packs are not the only items that are there for one and not for another.

I even had a match where I got put on the other team, a match which completely made the match level wise unbalanced.

In this match I at 230 and my team mates nearing numbers of 300 against my pre match party of levels 76-200.

In this match I received items from the crates so imbalanced that this match gave them no chance of playing.

I was able to craft, a bat, 3 molotovs, 2 smoke bombs, and 3 nail bombs that match.

This absolutely never happens to me.

I did not even see one molotov thrown from my friends and after rejoining them found that what I saw rang true.

They weren't getting them. Not only were they not getting them but they were having a difficult time not getting duplicates from the crates they where hitting.

This is typically what I see when I play. I usually always have to buy ammo if I run out of bullets, have one bat, one mollie if that, one nail bomb and nearly always three smoke bombs.

To me this system, even outside of the welfare-pity parts system does not belong in a game where you match players together to battle over the internet.

I do not feel by any means that this match and matches that I have rarely have had easy items happen that I truly won the match.

This whole crate system is not by any means balanced, either by welfare or not.

There should be NO differences in what items players can get while opening crates.

At first I thought because on this particular match that it regarded me as a no-party player that this happened, but

shaking my head of that thought was the mere fact that this game has a no-party play list.

I play the party play list to play with friends, and to find competition of parties as well.

You can spare me the well its a team game so all crated items add up for teams (if that's even true) because all in all this game doesn't even track wins. The leader boards not only are singular, but also inaccurate and hacked.

I do not feel that in any way I won a match when I have twice the items that the opposite team has, not do I feel that they won

being that the game pre determines what I can or team mates can craft.

These issues and issues of welfare and inconsistencies to these titles will always lose customers to games that have the majority share of money going into sony's online mutlitplayers.

I'm sure there will be at least one person on this thread claiming numbers on this game, but well, you can't even spout numbers when this game will not tell you how many are playing or dismiss that if you believe that the numbers are sky high then why the heck are you being placed against players from 8,000 miles away to create a match.

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 1 of 81 (452 Views)
Naughty Paw
11255 posts

Re: TLOU down the rabbit hole.

Nov 18, 2013

Spoiler
I've always wanted to taste rabbit.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 81 (439 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Ak, pretty funny how you want people to respect posts , or follow a rule set when posting on your threads but dont find the courtesy to do it your self.
Message 3 of 81 (430 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1246 posts

Nov 18, 2013

if you want some responses, summarize it.  Way too long and too many useless sentences.

Message 4 of 81 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11255 posts

Nov 18, 2013
You mean the thread where I explicitly laid out rules in the OP?

But I digress. It was just too tempting to put that gif. Sorry.

I want to say that I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, but there's one thing you have to keep in mind: ND never intended for this MP to be this popular as (using your example) Battlefield 3.

You have played UC2 and UC3. You should know the protocols and procedures of ND when it comes to MP Smiley Wink

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 81 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6888 posts

Nov 18, 2013

so in short, you had a bad weekend session and now hate the game, and also for some reason nearly spent 1grand on a single game. ok

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 81 (418 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I have made many threads on my main this long or longer and never had an issue but hey no one really reads cannon fodder or grease monkey posts it seems.
Politics i guess.
Funny you say that time, when i have gotten messages sent several times to my psn regarding many of my posts being well thought out. But thanks i guess for the grammer fourm lesson.
Message 7 of 81 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Your issue over that weekend could be a side effect of the PS4 release no ?

Sony claimed to have sold 1 million unit in about 24h hours, so that most likely dented the USA player-pool to some extent, increasing drastically your chances to be matched with players from other countries.

That said as an European player matched with lots of American player, seeing 1-2 bars is a normal thing to me, i'm actually surprised when i see 3-4 bars.

Having a welfare system isn't bad in itself, it's fine to give a slight push to a losing team, but as it is right now it takes it too far.

Few times i was favored by it i had nearly 3 of everything non stop, and as i was running crafter i could gift even more to my teammates, but being on the short end of that system will makes it hard to craft anything, considered trying to throw my 3 medikit at the enemy's face to counter their molotov, didn't worked !

I would gladly welcome a tweak of the welfare system, balancing it so it doesn't reach ridiculous and annoying level as it does at the moment, noone is enjoying getting 1 item from a box to notice you already had 3 of them.

Message 8 of 81 (403 Views)
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 18, 2013
At ak yes been around since nearly the release of U2.
U2 with its aim bullet pattern bug thatvonly few even know about, to some extent yeah what you said is true.
U3 though i hate it, isnt really riddled with inconsistancies.
This game though, i just dont know what to even say.
Message 9 of 81 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Nov 18, 2013
At ivan, yes i do believe your right in the ps4 effecting tlou. No doubt that this could happen, especially with the U.S getting it sooner causing the remainder to be place with players who havent had it released yet.
But the main focus of my post is in the second half.
Message 10 of 81 (392 Views)
0 Likes