Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Re: The Burst Rifle Appreciation Thread

Sep 24, 2013

The Burst Rifle is so underrated. I can take people down fast with it and Im not good at TLOU MP. The Burst Rifle rocks :smileyhappy:

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Sep 24, 2013
i have to say that this weapon is a pain in the **bleep**.
but only when upgraded at level 2, because the rate of fire improves a lot the gun making the bursts deadly.
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1714 posts

Sep 25, 2013

The mighty BR, once they buff against armor im going to use it more. Also maybe upgraded once should be slightly buffed agreed fully upgraded it is beast. Drastically better fully upgraded

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

Its actually good without any upgrades. Without any upgrades it can down a enemy in one burst. Even when it takes more bursts my enemy does not tend to get away from me but quite often my enemy gets away from me when I use SAR or bow. Upgraded I can land all the shots in one place which makes it deadly especially with Sharpshooter 3. Its weird that a lot of people view it as a weak gun though.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1714 posts

Sep 25, 2013

I definitely like the BR, I too use sharpshooter at times with it but no need for sharpshooter with SARor bow and thats what 4-5 loadout points!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

I never said I needed to use Sharpshooter lol I choose to use Sharpshooter. I dont understand why you think the Burst Rifle needs to have Sharpshooter and the others dont. I use Sharpshooter 3 for 25 health. If I used Sharpshooter for SAR I would also get 25 health. Its handy when facing several people. Lol at you thinking the Burst Rifle needs Sharpshooter. Ive been a Burst Rifle user since I unlocked it and it does not need Sharpshooter its just handy getting 25 health back for each headshot. Ive only recently started using Sharpshooter with the Burst Rifle and Im level 151. I think that people who think its a weak gun or needs a perk obviously does not play with it much. Even people who claim its only good when upgraded obviously does not play with it much. If you need Sharpshooter for the Burst Rifle then thats because you are not practiced enough with the Burst Rifle or you find aiming with it more difficult and so you need the reduced damage wobble but thats due to you not the weapon.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

Or it might be because you are not fast enough against SAR users while using the Burst Rifle. Whatever the reason is its not the gun. I think people blame their shortcomings on the weapon and thats why the Burst Rifle is seen as a weak or bad gun. Its ok to not be good with a weapon. Everyone sucks at a weapon or is not as good as others with it but blaming a weapon is not ok as its a cop out. I suck with the bow. Does that mean the bow is weak? no it means Im weak when using the bow. The Burst Rifle is not a weak gun thats needs Sharpshooter for a crutch.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1714 posts

Sep 25, 2013
I never said you need sharpshooter and like I said I occasionally use it with the burst. However it is a substantial improvement with sharpshooter and its not as noticeable using sharpshooter using the bow or the SAR . I'm nice with both the SAR and BR I suck with the bow also . The BR is a cool gun but let's be honest it is inaccurate more so than the bow and SAR even at medium range
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

Its suppose to be less accurate than the SAR at medium range. The Burst Rifle is a close range gun. However at close range the Burst Rifle rules. Sorry for misreading your post INCAN. Its a shame we both suck at that bow because its a very effective weapon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (90 Views)
0 Likes