May 09 2014
By: Tactician109 Lombax Warrior 125 posts

The Enforcer - Is it too awesome?

[ Edited ]
37 replies 2087 views Edited May 9, 2014

First of all, I'd like to say that patch 1.07 has done wonders to the multiplayer. I find myself enjoying the action a lot more than I did before the patch. Even though I don't own any DLC for this game (but I sure as hell would like to own the new DLC), I have been rocking the new pre-set loadouts that came with this patch (Infiltrator FTW!) and have discovered a new favorite weapon: the Enforcer.

Everything about the Enforcer makes me smile. Any weapon modelled after the Desert Eagle is automatically cool and the Enforcer is not an exception. The sound it makes when it fires bullets has that manly "crunch" to it. Its damage output, accuracy, rate of fire, recoil and ammo capacity are all equally awesome. Because the Enforcer is so awesome in every way, it makes me wonder whether it is TOO awesome or not.

As sad it is for me to admit it, I believe the Enforcer just might be a bit too powerful. As I mentioned, its characteristics remind me of the early Semi-Auto Rifle. Basically, I think the Enforcer is a mini-ature SAR that costs one less loadout point. Also, when I think about it, I have a feeling that the Enforcer renders other small firearms obsolete. It has better damage and accuracy than the 9MM Pistol, better rate of fire and accuracy than the Revolver and better ability to handle all kinds of situations than the Shorty. Sure, the extra loadout point might make people stick to their 9MM or Revolver, but I personally find the single loadout point to be well spent on the Enforcer.

The problem is that the Enforcer handles every situation slightly too well. Whether you were at a close-quarter battle or doing long-range shootouts, this pistol excels. Very much like the early SAR, this weapon doesn't really have any weaknesses. I have found myself doing nothing but using the Infiltrator loadout which comes with the silenced Enforcer, pulling great scores by unleashing carnage with it. My interest in using my custom loadouts has faded with the arrival of this almighty weapon, contributing more to the fact that I believe it renders other weapons obsolete.

How to fix it then? My suggestion is to increase the recoil a little bit and/or decrease the rate-of-fire for a tiny bit. After making the adjustments, I think this sidearm would become absolutely perfect. Simple as that. I hope a weapon such as this will stay as a powerful, reliable weapon of choice. Just not this powerful and reliable.

Thank you for reading! :smileyhappy:

TL;DR: The Enforcer has become my favorite weapon in the multiplayer but I believe it is slightly too powerful. Increasing recoil/decreasing rate of fire would help.

Message 1 of 38 (2,087 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
691 posts

Re: The Enforcer - Is it too awesome?

May 9, 2014

Agree to a certain extent, but the gun just came out a few days ago.  No need to buff or nerf the gun yet, until the dust has settled.  Let players adapt to all the changes and see where we stand.  

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 2 of 38 (2,076 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

Agree to a certain extent, but the gun just came out a few days ago.  No need to buff or nerf the gun yet, until the dust has settled.  Let players adapt to all the changes and see where we stand.  

Yeah, I agree that I might be too early to judge the weapon. Maybe I will change my mind after some time has passed. However, these are my first impressions and sometimes first impressions can hold the truth, right? :smileywink:

Message 3 of 38 (2,067 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

May 9, 2014
Enforcer is a bad weapon for shooting someone up close. It's too accurate and it's very easy to miss. The shorty still reigns supreme for going in and out of cover while shooting someone. The enforcer is really easy to strife against.
Message 4 of 38 (2,062 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

May 9, 2014

Revolver still works for me, do like the rapid fire of the 9mm and Enforcer, just not the amount of shots required.

Message 5 of 38 (2,055 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

MitchRico wrote:
Enforcer is a bad weapon for shooting someone up close. It's too accurate and it's very easy to miss. The shorty still reigns supreme for going in and out of cover while shooting someone. The enforcer is really easy to strife against.

Yes, the Enforcer is inferior to the Shorty in close-quarters. Like I said, however, the Enforcer does well at any range, whereas the Shorty is sort of a situational weapon. Don't know about you, but I think it's quite easy to use the Enforcer to shoot someone up close. For example, I have denied some upgraded 2x4's by spamming the Enforcer at them. For your last sentence, I personally haven't noticed that. That might be due to the fact that I haven't used the weapon in a competitive situation yet. 

Message 6 of 38 (2,049 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

May 9, 2014
Meh, i don't see what all the fuss is about. With the enforcer, you down in 4 shots, and pay 1 or 3 loadout points. The revolver is free, and downs in 3 shots. For 3 loadout points, you could have a bow, which kills in 2 shots. Since the patch came out, I started using the shorty more, and have been killing in obscene numbers: everybody is all "pewpewpewpew" lately with that silly 4 shots-to-down gun.

...Worth noting, tried enforcer, didnt like it, probably just need to give it a chance :smileytongue:
Message 7 of 38 (2,045 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

May 9, 2014
Well yes up close, as in 10-20 feet away, the enforcer is spot on. Up close as in 5-8 feet away, I often see people missing shots. Especially if the person is ducking and moving side to side. I also still find the enforcer inferior to the semiauto. There are still tryhards using the silenced semi in the new maps because they can't afford to have their k/d drop a bit because of the learning curve of the new weapons lol.
Message 8 of 38 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 9, 2014

elplasstico wrote:
Meh, i don't see what all the fuss is about. With the enforcer, you down in 4 shots, and pay 1 or 3 loadout points. The revolver is free, and downs in 3 shots. For 3 loadout points, you could have a bow, which kills in 2 shots. Since the patch came out, I started using the shorty more, and have been killing in obscene numbers: everybody is all "pewpewpewpew" lately with that silly 4 shots-to-down gun.

...Worth noting, tried enforcer, didnt like it, probably just need to give it a chance :smileytongue:

I see your point, but I honestly don't think the Revolver and the Shorty are better than the Enforcer at this point. And yeah, maybe it is simply that we all have different preferences. I highly suggest you give it another go, you would be surprised how easy this weapon is to use :smileyvery-happy:

Message 9 of 38 (2,028 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
619 posts

May 9, 2014

They should leave it as it is.

Otherwise it wouldn't compete, it would be unrivaled.

Message 10 of 38 (2,025 Views)