Jan 09 2014
By: XG-300 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

The Last Of Us - Mute option online play

[ Edited ]
8 replies 315 views Edited Jan 9, 2014

Hello Everyone,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered, but a friend and I had been playing the last of us online the other day, and we muted everyone else but ourselves. It seemed as though everyone heard us - even people on the opposite team. Is this possible ? I would imagine people on your own team - whether they are muted or not would be able to hear you, as long as they have not muted you, but even people on the opposite team?  This makes no sense if true. Perhaps everyone can hear you in the lobby only and not during gameplay?

Any help will be much appreciated!  Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

Re: The Last Of Us - Mute option online play

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

if you mute someone, you can't hear them but they can hear you. While in-game you can only hear/talk to people on your own team and everyone on the opposite team can't hear you and you can't hear them. You can only hear people on the opposite team while in the pre-game lobby and on the final results screen.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (310 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Everyone can hear everyone unless they are muted during the lobby and loading screens. (survivor rounds dont work) YOU just don't hear anything from them.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (309 Views)
Uncharted Territory
928 posts

Jan 9, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

if you mute someone, you can't hear them but they can hear you. While in-game you can only hear/talk to people on your own team and everyone on the opposite team can't hear you and you can't hear them. You can only hear people on the opposite team while in the pre-game lobby and on the final results screen.

^^^

Click HERE For My YouTube Channel!

I post HILARIOUS as well as BEASTLY The Last Of Us Videos! Check it out! Subscribe as well, I'm constantly posting The Last Of Us videos!

If You Aint First, You're Last
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Thank you very much for answering my question. Much appreciated,
Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Are you sure people you've muted can hear you? My buddy hates it whdn I mute him when we're in the same room, cuz he wears his pulse headset as a mic when we party with more people. I don't wanna hear him echo in my mic, but he says he can't hear me if I mute him.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 9, 2014
^That's probably how his mic works for him. Even though majority of mics have the same intended use, many of them have different functions.
www.youtube.com/user/zzmorg82

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Huh. I guess I've never looked into it. I know on Xbox if you mute somebody they can't hear you. Seems like that's half the point of being able to mute in the first place.

Semi-related, does anyone know if you can XMB mute people on PS4? I miss it as a feature from Xbox.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
Are you sure people you've muted can hear you? My buddy hates it whdn I mute him when we're in the same room, cuz he wears his pulse headset as a mic when we party with more people. I don't wanna hear him echo in my mic, but he says he can't hear me if I mute him.

Yep, I remember when our match was loading, I never muted anyone, and this guy says "I dont know what they're saying, I muted everyone", yet I heard him.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (264 Views)
0 Likes