First Son
5 posts

Re: The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer Melee Changes

May 7, 2014
UPDATE: so I did the update I upgrade the machete I tryed going head on with a person I even attacked first I had one swing in didn't even budge him he ended up nail boarding me still 4times to be exact I'm sorry but I like how it swings faster that's a plus but still I hate the fact that it's 3 swings instead of 2 can't you just increase the speed without lowering the damage the machete isn't as fun and I had high hopes for interrupting the player but it doesn't seem to connect also when I get my 2 swings in the enemy will back paddle and I'll miss the 3rd swing causing me to stagger and we'll I'm dead so idk about range as well but it needs some work :/
Message 11 of 48 (689 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

ISiKoTic_ wrote:
UPDATE: so I did the update I upgrade the machete I tryed going head on with a person I even attacked first I had one swing in didn't even budge him he ended up nail boarding me still 4times to be exact I'm sorry but I like how it swings faster that's a plus but still I hate the fact that it's 3 swings instead of 2 can't you just increase the speed without lowering the damage the machete isn't as fun and I had high hopes for interrupting the player but it doesn't seem to connect also when I get my 2 swings in the enemy will back paddle and I'll miss the 3rd swing causing me to stagger and we'll I'm dead so idk about range as well but it needs some work :/

Higher swing speed of Machete is like punching with bare fist, but better and faster.

If you have no problem punching people then I say you should have no problem using the new Machete.

Provided the enemy doesn't have Shotgun to down you first or LAG is at fault. If your camera tend to go out of focus and you punch a lot of air then I suggest practising getting every melee attack on the enemy and it's not necessarily the weapon's fault. Just my opinions. Woman Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 12 of 48 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

I'd like to say that this was not a buff, but a nerf.

It's incredibly weakened, the shotgun is one hit to down, the machete should be one hit to down.  This game is horribly frustrating now.  When I get the jump on a firefly, they move one centimeter to the left and I'm hitting air on the count of the second strike being as fast as it is causing me to lose a FIST fight.

It's completely nerfed to hell, I just hit the last guy standing 3 **bleep** times, 3 connecting swings and he didn't even go down.  What a jip, you nerfed my playstyle to hell.  Now all I see are shotguns everywhere.  Should have kept the damage the same, the swings the same, and just cancelled out the modded 2x4 hits.  That's how it should be.

For me, I've been using the machete since day one and it was fine the way it was, and now the machete is just useless and underpowered.  Thanks.  It feels like all of MELEE has been nerfed AND it looks like the stupid shiv dance is back.

This is just wrong.

Also, what the hell is up with getting shot behind cover???

忍びの者
Message 13 of 48 (630 Views)
First Son
17 posts

May 8, 2014

RIP Bow-chete combo Smiley Sad No longer 1 bow shot 1 machete hack with the damage reduction. Gone are the days where I'd be like Legolas with my bow and elven sword. This ninja has to adapt yet again...

Message 14 of 48 (603 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 8, 2014

Oh yeah Man i agree COMPLETELY on that one

i meen when i saw they finally incresed the base durabillity from 2 to 3 i was like **bleep** YEAH (Like in the single player the way it should be)

but seriously i meen increseing the number of hits to down from by 1 or 2and then decreseing the upgraded durability by 1 (from 2/3 to 1/2) is **bleep** stupid does nobdy else see the fla in this logic?

the only good thing about this NERF is that it can supposingly beat 2x4's. not that you couldnt do that allready

Also the machete is useless against the Full auto you just cant land a single hit

Message 15 of 48 (585 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

they swapped 1 upgraded durability for 1 base durability. no matter how many hits it takes to down ppl its still beneficial to the weapon because base durability regenerates/resets on every spawn.

how much dmg does bow deal on body shots? i didnt try it, or HR for that matter, but if shorty deals enough for 1 hack down then HR & bow may/should as well.

full auto interrupts melee rather well in general. altogether melee interrupts seem to be easier for some reason.

Message 16 of 48 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 8, 2014

jaynunez83 wrote:

Also, what the hell is up with getting shot behind cover???

It's inherent lag caused by the lower tickrate.

Message 17 of 48 (551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 9, 2014

bialy0021 wrote:

how much dmg does bow deal on body shots? i didnt try it, or HR for that matter, but if shorty deals enough for 1 hack down then HR & bow may/should as well.

1 bow shot to the body leaves you at about 45% health. Now with the machete damage reduction it's 1 bow shot and 2 machete hacks to down. Cannot capitalize on the economic use of 1 shot 1 machete durability use anymore, at least for bow anyway. I used to call it "The Slash of Truth". 1 arrow to the leg if the opponent has armor, they'd rush with a modded 2x4,or shotgun, or flamethrower, then BAM! Slash of Truth and they're down. Then I'd do a bow gesture.

Oh well. The fast 3 slashes combined with Brawler health sap is pretty beast. And going up against another machete user feels like an actual sword fight now.

But I think you may be wrong on Shorty-chete combo. I had someone shoot me with shorty at point blank range, and he machete hacked once and I still survived. Then I looked at the weapon selection for the stats and both bow and shorty are at 6 notches of damage. I guess shorty damage can be very inconsistent compared to the bow.

Message 18 of 48 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

May 9, 2014

This felt like a nerf to me. Not only have I had my head caved in by a modded 2x4 while in mid slash (2nd or 3rd one) but now with the damage reduction the machete is all but useless. Yes the faster swing is neat but they didn't really give us 1 extra hit because when modded with brawler you still only get 5 hits instead of the 6 I thought we would be getting since machete got 5 with brawler with a base of 2 hits. 

Now instead of putting one bullet from any gun into someone and swinging now I can only use the shorty, bow, and HR to 1 swing down a person with the machete. 

Sad times. 

Message 19 of 48 (522 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

May 9, 2014

shorty/machete still works, believe me - im doing it all the time.

youre right about shorty dmg though, due to spread it can be inconsistent (while shooting legs for example) and with the reduced dmg on machete the combo isnt as reliable but it still works.

not using bow too much tbh but thats what i thought, HR deals 55 as well i think - they both should work. unless i remembered it wrong and shorty is actually 60, not 55. will test it today.

Message 20 of 48 (512 Views)
0 Likes