Sackboy
471 posts

Re: The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Maps Discussion

May 8, 2014

Fakehound wrote:

chaystic wrote:

They're all amazing, much better map pack than the last, good job ND!

I think they're both equally as good honestly.

Bookstore & Hometown are meh IMO.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 11 of 26 (361 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
840 posts

May 8, 2014

Some comments on the maps after logging 12 plus hours on the new maps in two days (yikes!)

Capitol -  Seems to be the map that is voted the most. and the most well liked (at least people on the mics speak highly of Capitol)..  Beutiful map and best map for snipers because there are long distance sniping points all over the map.  Perfect amount of spacing and manueverability make it the best playing map.

Watertower -  Probably the second most popular map.  Best looking map with a nice sunset lighting. I thought this map was going to suck for snipers because of ND's description of the map, but this map has a lot of line of sights all over the map making it one of the better sniper maps.

Wharf  - Flankers dream map.  Since it has basically a two story building in the middle of the map with multiples ways of getting around the map, it makes it the most unique gameplaying map of the bunch.  

Coalmine - The weakest playing map and the least popular map of the bunch.  I was hoping for "Lakeside 2"  with long lines of sight, but almost every time I try to scope in, my view gets obstructed.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 12 of 26 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 8, 2014
Message 13 of 26 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2014
Any chance we're going to get a "no parties" option for playing the new maps. Love the maps, but without it I kinda feel like I wasted my money. Everything else is awesome though. Keep up the good work. Best game I've played since Symphony of the Night.
Message 14 of 26 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

May 11, 2014
Is anyone else getting this? Im losing my mind. Ever since the 1.07 patch everything is moving soo slow, theres a lag with everything i do, thats including game menus and online play mainly. I cant play like i use to because now i have to count for this latency issue or lag or watever it is. I have checked my net connection many times . Running a 50 dl and a 15 ul. Nat 2, and im wired. I love to play this game but im geting soo frustrated every time i play now theres latency with watever im doing. It takes like 2 seconds longer to do things than before. When i shoot the bullets arent gojng where i think there supposed to go because theres delayed actions with moving analogs and button pressing
Message 15 of 26 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

May 11, 2014
Wharf looks nice but is easily the worst map ever.
Capitol is the best one

Capitol then Water Tower then Coal Mine then Wharf, although coal mine is the worst interrogation map to date.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 16 of 26 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

Discussion, eh? More like a rant.

May 12, 2014

Thanks for the new Call Of Duty maps, Naughty Dog. Truly.

For the price of more people playing, you have sacrificed a core element of the game. Stealth. Gone are the matches in which your blood would be pulsating and the tension'd be reaching out at you from within the screen. It's like mother**bleep**ing World War 3 in this **bleep** now. Endless molotovs flying over my head each minute, bullets scraping my butt cheeks when I spawn right in front of my enemy, and choking with smoke as the kamikazes rush at my throat, salivating their oh so skilled shiv execution. My sniper buddies aren't too happy either, since you have taken the bread from their mouths with these new maps...I hope you're proud of yourselves.

I never truly forgave you for removing the dance shiv at the request of the worthless complainers you call a fanbase, but at least I somewhat forgot about it.

But now, you're turning my favoite videogame into Call Of Duty? That ain't cool, man.

Sincerely yours, 

...someone who you should really be listening to

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 17 of 26 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Re: Discussion, eh? More like a rant.

May 12, 2014

MosesTransports wrote:

Thanks for the new Call Of Duty maps, Naughty Dog. Truly.

For the price of more people playing, you have sacrificed a core element of the game. Stealth. Gone are the matches in which your blood would be pulsating and the tension'd be reaching out at you from within the screen. It's like mother**bleep**ing World War 3 in this **bleep** now. Endless molotovs flying over my head each minute, bullets scraping my butt cheeks when I spawn right in front of my enemy, and choking with smoke as the kamikazes rush at my throat, salivating their oh so skilled shiv execution. My sniper buddies aren't too happy either, since you have taken the bread from their mouths with these new maps...I hope you're proud of yourselves.

I never truly forgave you for removing the dance shiv at the request of the worthless complainers you call a fanbase, but at least I somewhat forgot about it.

But now, you're turning my favoite videogame into Call Of Duty? That ain't cool, man.

Sincerely yours, 

...someone who you should really be listening to

And who are you? 

Message 18 of 26 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 12, 2014
Lol @MosesTransports

Wharf is **bleep** amazing for stealth
Tell your friends to try out a new play style - what kind of sick twisted person stays in one place all day For all of their matches?! I can understand map specific sniping, but doing it on alla them? That takes some dedication...
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 19 of 26 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

May 12, 2014

Thanks for the kind words about Wharf, but most refined map in videogame history? I don't know about that... I actually designed it and a brilliant environment artist Andres Rodriguez did the environment modeling. Andres actually got the middle name of my daughter in the map, which I'm sure she'll appreciate someday (she's 10 months old). 

Wharf1.jpg

As far as Interrogation lock boxes, we can always adjust those in a live update. We can take a look at Coal Mine and see if we can find better spots for the boxes.

Message 20 of 26 (240 Views)