Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

Re: The Last of Us Patch 1.07 Multiplayer New Maps Discussion

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2014

I've sunk about 12 hours into the DLC maps so I feel I have good grasp on them now.

1) Haven't enjoyed being forced to play against parties at all. As someone who plays solo it's impossible to stand a chance against clans. The usual issue arises of constantly going against clans 400+ with a team that has no players higher than 150. Unbalanced teams have been a thing since UC2 but at least with UC you could still win. TLOU you stand no chance.

2) Water tower. This map is horrible to play on. The spawns are so predictable it's very easy to get spawn trapped and some matches I can't even make it out the spawn. A good clan just has to sit in the middle of the map and either move one end of the map or the other. 

3) It feels with these maps like you've increased the welfare system for both sides. I have to deal with at least 3 molotovs per match. I think being able to craft 2 molotovs and a modded 2x4 is rediculous but that's pretty much in the reach for every player on these maps. 

This leads to occasions where you can be met with an onslaught of nail bombs and molotovs when coming round a corner.  There's no actual gunfigthts using cover because throwables seem an endless supply making gunplay irrelavant. I just shake my head when I get killed by a molotov and see the player who killed me pull out yet another molotov. What is this, seriously? 

===

The maps are beautiful but I don't enjoy playing on them. Tbh being forced to play against clans and 70% of my deaths coming from 1hk weapons has put me off playing them all together. I like a challenge but it doesn't feel like a shooting game, it feels like a fighting game in a 3D environment with fireballs and fatalities.

I will just stick to the old maps.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 21 of 26 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

May 12, 2014
I love the maps they look beautifal, i never feel safe but thats a good thing i think.

I love how you can see your own footprints in the snow on coalmine (havent figured out yet if you can see the enemys footsteps and if so how long they last)

I love how you can see the enemys shadows, especially at the part in warf with the flickering lights it really gave me a horrormovie feeling quite a few times see a shadow there and not sure if i was just tripping..

I do feel that playing interrogation mode warf and coalmine have an advantage if they have their box on the right side.

Im a bit anoyed missing with the nailboard a lot of times. And i get shot through the walls a lot as well..

I wouldn't touch you with a broomstick.
Message 22 of 26 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

May 12, 2014

PeteX19 wrote:

I've sunk about 12 hours into the DLC maps so I feel I have good grasp on them now.

1) Haven't enjoyed being forced to play against parties at all. As someone who plays solo it's impossible to stand a chance against clans. The usual issue arises of constantly going against clans 400+ with a team that has no players higher than 150. Unbalanced teams have been a thing since UC2 but at least with UC you could still win. TLOU you stand no chance.

I've lost plenty of times partying up and playing against  what I think are solo players.  Also I have beaten 3 or 4 party teams playing with a bunch of solo players or players with no mics plenty of times on the new maps.  

2) Water tower. This map is horrible to play on. The spawns are so predictable it's very easy to get spawn trapped and some matches I can't even make it out the spawn. A good clan just has to sit in the middle of the map and either move one end of the map or the other. 

Agreed on spawn issue.  I've sniped players coming out to the supply boxes numerous times.  Need more spawn points to make this a better playing map.  Aesthetics wise, this might be the best looking map in the game.

3) It feels with these maps like you've increased the welfare system for both sides. I have to deal with at least 3 molotovs per match. I think being able to craft 2 molotovs and a modded 2x4 is rediculous but that's pretty much in the reach for every player on these maps. 

I believe the additional rag to the 2x4 has created an issue where we are seeing more bombs and more mollies.  I myself craft 2x4 less and instead craft bombs and mollies.  Especially now that I have the DB equipped as backup. 

This leads to occasions where you can be met with an onslaught of nail bombs and molotovs when coming round a corner.  There's no actual gunfigthts using cover because throwables seem an endless supply making gunplay irrelavant. I just shake my head when I get killed by a molotov and see the player who killed me pull out yet another molotov. What is this, seriously? 

===

The maps are beautiful but I don't enjoy playing on them. Tbh being forced to play against clans and 70% of my deaths coming from 1hk weapons has put me off playing them all together. I like a challenge but it doesn't feel like a shooting game, it feels like a fighting game in a 3D environment with fireballs and fatalities.

I will just stick to the old maps.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 23 of 26 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

May 12, 2014
What are the 2 chokepoints in Water Tower ?
How does Capitol encourage flanking more than the other maps ?
Where are the sniper nests in Wharf ?
You named your daughter Phoenix ?
Message 24 of 26 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

May 12, 2014

TvvistedMind wrote:
What are the 2 chokepoints in Water Tower ?
How does Capitol encourage flanking more than the other maps ?
Where are the sniper nests in Wharf ?
You named your daughter Phoenix ?
  1. The majority of the time, players will spawn at their base supply box.  Since the map is a small map, you can hang out in the middle of the map and when you see the opposing team has died, you can run to the otherside of the map and wait for player to pop out and snipe them.  
  2. It doesn't.  It's just a description ND threw in there.  IMO, Wharf is the best flanking map out of the bunch.
  3. Sniper nests don't cover that much open territory making them not that useful.  You can't even get an angle on a supply box from either of the nests.  Once players learn not to walk in the open area where the nests are situationed, there will be little point to climb to those nests

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 25 of 26 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
601 posts

Jun 18, 2014

In my opinion DLC 2 maps are a bit of a let down. Especially compared to DLC 1 maps. I play survivors almost exclusively and the maps are fresh and new but they all feel very similar in play style.
DLC 1 brings some of my favourite maps to the game. Maps I could play over and over again, but I feel DLC 2 maps need to be mixed with the other maps.

photo new sig 2_zpsrq3egqdm.jpg
Message 26 of 26 (95 Views)
0 Likes