Aug 12 2013
By: LAK3R50WN Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

The Last of Us has the worst matchmaking ever!

23 replies 1933 views Edited Aug 12, 2013
Is it just me or does everyone else who is a low level starting out always face very high level players? Almost every time I am placed in a game it is very high level players (double or triple digits) vs very low level players (single digits). First off the multiplayers upgrades and loadouts are kind of flawed in that the higher your level the more powerful you will be whereas it should be the higher your level the options you have but not really making you all that more powerful. However, I could deal with this if it weren't for the fact that the game blatantly matches up low level players vs high level players no matter if you choose with parties or without. Please Naughty Dog fix this or this will be the end of your multiplayer right here. Anyone buying the game now will jump into multiplayer only to be matched against very high level players and be destroyed and discouraged and probably never play Factions again. I still don't understand why games don't use stat-based matchmaking to make the playing field even.
Message 1 of 24 (1,933 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Re: The Last of Us has the worst matchmaking ever!

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Yep.. This was in the no party playlist.

Photo: TLOU matchmaking I don't even...

tlousig2
Message 2 of 24 (1,923 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Aug 12, 2013

LAK3R50WN wrote:
 I still don't understand why games don't use stat-based matchmaking to make the playing field even.

You understand when you go back in time and witness Uncharted 3 downfall. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 3 of 24 (1,912 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

So your saying the other team didn't stand a chance. Sucks to be them on the other team.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 24 (1,890 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

ND should make this the background image to the MP forum.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 5 of 24 (1,862 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 13, 2013

LAK3R50WN wrote:
Please Naughty Dog fix this or this will be the end of your multiplayer right here.

Even though I faced some matches like this, it wasn't hopeless. The thing, most of the players forget, is that you do NOT have to WIN a round to do good... Yesterday I was in a similar situation (we also got destroyed with 0-12), but I put up a fight and gave them a hard time on some occasions and even ended up with the second most parts of all players.

Of course, it is hard in the beginning, but you learn more from matches like these if you stick around instead of quitting. I get my **bleep** handed and learn how to avoid it a bit next time.

GRAB
Message 6 of 24 (1,816 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Stop relying on the game to partner you up with good people. Extend yourself a little and make your own party, then it won't matter

Message 7 of 24 (1,796 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4539 posts

Aug 13, 2013
I'm sick to death of being put in experienced parties against total noobs when there is absolutely no need to split the parties that way.

I want to enjoy the game not just stomp over people new to the game. I don't enjoy it, and they certainly don't. They aren't going to stick around long when naughty dog's carp matchmaking sucks to such a huge extent.
Message 8 of 24 (1,787 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Aug 14, 2013

It is pretty bad but hey. 

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 9 of 24 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Matchmaking != team balancing

Learn to understand the difference... yes, we need better team balancing in the solo playlist. Do NOT touch the matchmaking, though!

monkeybutler100 wrote:
I'm sick to death of being put in experienced parties against total noobs when there is absolutely no need to split the parties that way.

I want to enjoy the game not just stomp over people new to the game. I don't enjoy it, and they certainly don't. They aren't going to stick around long when naughty dog's carp matchmaking sucks to such a huge extent.

You forget the fact that many UC3 vets were able to stomp other players since day 1/Level 0. There's nothing you can do about that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 24 (1,692 Views)