Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Re: The Machete

Jun 25, 2013
Just because it isn't a "good" weapon doesn't mean it needs to be good.

The machete is fine as is. It has a huge advantage speed wise over the stick. Mess with it anymore and it'll become OP. Trust me, I've played MANY games where people complained something wasn't "good" and it "needed" a buff only to become the next weapon people screamed for a nerf on.

Don't mess with the balance. Messing with the balance will result in instability.
Body Armor in Survivors needs to be either 1000 starting parts or a once a match deal. This is The Last of "US" not The Last of Our Body Armor!
Message 11 of 78 (501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Dont use it if you don't like it. The weapons are all good and balanced the way they are.
Message 12 of 78 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

minivan_survivor wrote:
Just because it isn't a "good" weapon doesn't mean it needs to be good.

The machete is fine as is. It has an huge advantage speed wise over the stick. Mess with it anymore and it'll become OP. Trust me, I've played MANY games where people complained something wasn't "good" and it "needed" a buff only to become the next weapon people screamed for a nerf on.

Don't mess with the balance. Messing with the balance will result in instability.

It may have an advantage over the 2x4 but the 2x4 can net more kills. In most situations it's more of who spots and strikes first, making the 2x4 a more deadly weapon then the machete. So a free item is more powerful then the most expensive weapon. It needs to be either changed or removed. I'm not asking for much, an extra use or two doesn't make a lot of waves.

Message 13 of 78 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Bump

Message 14 of 78 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 26, 2013
For a dedicated stealth brawler, I've found you can only use a crafted 2x4 at least twice in a survivor match. Then it is gone from the box. Then I have to rely on my machete to do the job and I've killed plenty of men with just the machete.

Only someone who can grasp the idea of stealth, would find great use in the machete.

Stealth is my lifestyle, the way of the shinobi. I've grown up on stealth games and have seen them evolve.

Anyways, my only complaint is I wish it would only cost at least 3 loadout points and not 4.
忍びの者
Message 15 of 78 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

jaynunez83 wrote:
For a dedicated stealth brawler, I've found you can only use a crafted 2x4 at least twice in a survivor match. Then it is gone from the box. Then I have to rely on my machete to do the job and I've killed plenty of men with just the machete.

Only someone who can grasp the idea of stealth, would find great use in the machete.

Stealth is my lifestyle, the way of the shinobi. I've grown up on stealth games and have seen them evolve.

Anyways, my only complaint is I wish it would only cost at least 3 loadout points and not 4.

Shivs are also free, and are faster than the machete for the actual kill, and don't take up any loadout points, and don't require parts to purchase, and can be crafted, and, and, and...

Message 16 of 78 (444 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 26, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I'll get right to the point. The machete needs a buff.

That buff could be a few of things, but first, the reason behind needing one.

The machete can kill a maximum of two people and that's if they're both half health. So an average of one, which is the least out of all the other purchasables. It costs the most loadout points, tied with the sniper which can down and kill four people.

So what could help out the poor old machete; less loadout points would be nice, another use or two for a higher kill average, making it so brawler adds two extra uses instead of just one, add some shiv properties, or maybe add an effect on the playing getting slashed.

Ofcourse I don't want all of these, they're just suggestions. Start with, let's say, one more additional use with the brawler skill (it's the most important, in my opinion) and if it isn't enough, after awhile add something else.

That's all I'm asking for, a purchasable that isn't chosen just for it's looks and excecutions.

Is the machete is fine as is? Do you agree with this post? Got some ideas of you own? Feeling that I missed something?

Then Hit That Reply Button                                                                                    

BUT it can be a reliable melee weapon. No taking chances with supply chest, hoping for a 2 x 4. Just instantly spawned melee weapon that can be upgraded. And it swings faster. If you have brawler, you can make it very useful. The whole game isn't about just picking things at random. You gotta make your guns and your purchasable weapons, boosters all work together, or you're screwed.

Message 17 of 78 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 26, 2013

If you buff it that^ is what we will wind up seeing every match.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 18 of 78 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I'll get right to the point. The machete needs a buff.

That buff could be a few of things, but first, the reason behind needing one.

The machete can kill a maximum of two people and that's if they're both half health. So an average of one, which is the least out of all the other purchasables. It costs the most loadout points, tied with the sniper which can down and kill four people.

So what could help out the poor old machete; less loadout points would be nice, another use or two for a higher kill average, making it so brawler adds two extra uses instead of just one, add some shiv properties, or maybe add an effect on the playing getting slashed.

Ofcourse I don't want all of these, they're just suggestions. Start with, let's say, one more additional use with the brawler skill (it's the most important, in my opinion) and if it isn't enough, after awhile add something else.

That's all I'm asking for, a purchasable that isn't chosen just for it's looks and excecutions.

Is the machete is fine as is? Do you agree with this post? Got some ideas of you own? Feeling that I missed something?

Then Hit That Reply Button                                                                                    

BUT it can be a reliable melee weapon. No taking chances with supply chest, hoping for a 2 x 4. Just instantly spawned melee weapon that can be upgraded. And it swings faster. If you have brawler, you can make it very useful. The whole game isn't about just picking things at random. You gotta make your guns and your purchasable weapons, boosters all work together, or you're screwed.

Then why not get the flamethrower, it's halfprice and gets the job done?

We're not just talking about the buyable one, the pickup is there too.

Message 19 of 78 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

jaynunez83 wrote:

Shivs are also free, and are faster than the machete for the actual kill, and don't take up any loadout points, and don't require parts to purchase, and can be crafted, and, and, and...

Oh god, here we go with you again.  I have covert training 3, so of course I have a shiv.  Stop assuming stuff, you're being ridiculous.

忍びの者
Message 20 of 78 (411 Views)
0 Likes