Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:

The Machete doesn't need any changes, I'll post a video in the next day or so on it. But it's fine as is.

I agree. Don't see any problem here. Plus you can chopp off heads lol

Message 31 of 78 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Does Brawler give...

one extra hit on the 'starting' Machete?

one extra hit on the Machete upgrade?

or both?

Message 32 of 78 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

The Machete doesn't need any changes, I'll post a video in the next day or so on it. But it's fine as is.

As promised earlier, here's how I use The Machete:

http://youtu.be/_KdlSXDDiaY

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

Very similar to my playstyle with the machete.

While being expensive maintaining a gun is much easier and can be done with parts and can hold more ammo/uses, the machete needs materials and crafting and can only have a maximum of 5 hits.
The 2x4 is a much better thing to spend those materials on, the extra hit with brawler is a whole other kill and the durability is higher than the machete. That's 4 kills compaired to 2.5 of the machete.
There's really no reason to use the machete unless you don't have a 2x4. And when you do happen to have one it's only okay if you have brawler and the materials nessicary.

Message 33 of 78 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:
Yeah why spend 4 loadout points on what is essentially a one-use 2x4?

It swings faster, harder, and can be crafted for more uses rather than requiring purchases for more uses.

It swings faster. That's it. That's all it has over the 2x4. But if the 2x4 swings first, it wins.

The Brawler skill gives the machete an extra swing when uprgraded.

Message 34 of 78 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
378 posts

Jun 27, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

While being expensive maintaining a gun is much easier and can be done with parts and can hold more ammo/uses, the machete needs materials and crafting and can only have a maximum of 5 hits.
The 2x4 is a much better thing to spend those materials on, the extra hit with brawler is a whole other kill and the durability is higher than the machete. That's 4 kills compaired to 2.5 of the machete.
There's really no reason to use the machete unless you don't have a 2x4. And when you do happen to have one it's only okay if you have brawler and the materials nessicary.

The problem with that is you can't buy 2x4s, maintaining a 2x4 requires upgrading it to a 1-hit-down weapon which slows down the swing speed making it interuptable by stopping power. Also an upgraded 2x4 does an animation much like a special execution which is fine 1v1 but would leave you open to attack if you're up against 2 or more.

With a machete using Brawler, the additional swings heal you quickly and you're not locked into any animation, so as you can see from the video, I take on 2v1 many times with no issue. 

So back to the OP, if I'm able to dominate many rounds with the machete: downs, kills, # of parts, k/d r, etc, why does it still need a buff?

Message 35 of 78 (239 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Thanks for the infos, guys.

And about the whole discussion... I haven't tried the Machete, yet. Maybe I'll give it a swing, today... but as a general principle, I think one guy who uses the stuff saying it doesn't need a buff has a lot of weight in comparison to a bunch of guy saying it needs a buff.

Message 36 of 78 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

CritRate wrote:

The problem with that is you can't buy 2x4s, maintaining a 2x4 requires upgrading it to a 1-hit-down weapon which slows down the swing speed making it interuptable by stopping power. Also an upgraded 2x4 does an animation much like a special execution which is fine 1v1 but would leave you open to attack if you're up against 2 or more.

With a machete using Brawler, the additional swings heal you quickly and you're not locked into any animation, so as you can see from the video, I take on 2v1 many times with no issue. 

So back to the OP, if I'm able to dominate many rounds with the machete: downs, kills, # of parts, k/d r, etc, why does it still need a buff?

The 2x4 is still better because it has more durability, while the upgrade slows it down, it gives it more power and a better chance 1v1 as you said. Here's the thing, any decent player wouldn't go toe to toe with someone who has a melee weapon, they'd just shoot you while their mate is getting diced. It may be better against inexperienced players, but melee weapons in general aren't good for anything but 1v1s.  

Some people lose consistently with the semi, guess that means it needs a buff. That's flawed logic, just like yours.

Maybe your just good with a bad weapon?  

Now be honest, if the last supply cache drops a machete and a 2x4, and you don't have any materials, which one would you take and why?

Message 37 of 78 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jun 27, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

1) Some people lose consistently with the semi, guess that means it needs a buff. That's flawed logic, just like yours.

2) Maybe your just good with a bad weapon?  

3) Now be honest, if the last supply cache drops a machete and a 2x4, and you don't have any materials, which one would you take and why?

1) It's not my logic that's flawed: Unlike a semi, you don't have to aim a machete. People that lose with the semi need practice aiming, people that lose with the machete need to push Square.

2) There are no bad weapons in the hands of CritRate.

3) Both, I'd take the machete, kill some fools with it until it breaks, double back, grab the 2x4, kill some more fools. Then I'd write a forum post complaining why supply crates don't have materials in them.

Message 38 of 78 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6882 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I tried Crit's method in his video, I kept getting downed by modded 2x4s lol...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 39 of 78 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jun 27, 2013

If you're 1v1 against a modded 2x4, use L2

Message 40 of 78 (210 Views)
0 Likes