Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/14/2009
Offline
421 posts
 

Re: The Machete

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

It needs a change. It needs to be 1HK.

 

I don't see a point putting loadouts points into a 2 hit kill machete when I can just go through one or two supply crates to create a modded 1HK piece of wood. 

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 78 (447 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5698 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

Personally I don't think the problem is that the machete is underpowered. It is just the availability of the 2x4 compared to the machete and how many points you gotta invest to make each one more effective to use.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 78 (441 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

When I see that scissor glowing at the 2x4 at the enemy's back, I prepare to run for my life.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 78 (438 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/14/2009
Offline
421 posts
 

Re: The Machete

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

If they're planning to keep the machete the way it is now, then they should just remove it from the purchasable weapons and make it drop from supply crates more often. The only times it has dropped me has been when I was the last man standing.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 78 (431 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/30/2010
Offline
400 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

The machete is fine as is.

The 4 loadout points might be a bit steep but in terms of performance, it's pretty good.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 78 (423 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/29/2012
Offline
1571 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

1) Some people lose consistently with the semi, guess that means it needs a buff. That's flawed logic, just like yours.

 

2) Maybe your just good with a bad weapon?  

 

3) Now be honest, if the last supply cache drops a machete and a 2x4, and you don't have any materials, which one would you take and why?


1) It's not my logic that's flawed: Unlike a semi, you don't have to aim a machete. People that lose with the semi need practice aiming, people that lose with the machete need to push Square.

 

2) There are no bad weapons in the hands of CritRate.

 

3) Both, I'd take the machete, kill some fools with it until it breaks, double back, grab the 2x4, kill some more fools. Then I'd write a forum post complaining why supply crates don't have materials in them.


  1. I'm guessing that went over your head? I was making an example of your logic, skill skews a weapon's attributes. Oh and you do have to aim a machete, it won't strike people on the other side of the map, or people behind you. :smileytongue:

 

3. Let me simplify the question for you, which is better? The base machete or the base 2x4?

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 78 (410 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
370 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

1) Some people lose consistently with the semi, guess that means it needs a buff. That's flawed logic, just like yours.

 

2) Maybe your just good with a bad weapon?  

 

3) Now be honest, if the last supply cache drops a machete and a 2x4, and you don't have any materials, which one would you take and why?


1) It's not my logic that's flawed: Unlike a semi, you don't have to aim a machete. People that lose with the semi need practice aiming, people that lose with the machete need to push Square.

 

2) There are no bad weapons in the hands of CritRate.

 

3) Both, I'd take the machete, kill some fools with it until it breaks, double back, grab the 2x4, kill some more fools. Then I'd write a forum post complaining why supply crates don't have materials in them.


  1. I'm guessing that went over your head? I was making an example of your logic, skill skews a weapon's attributes. Oh and you do have to aim a machete, it won't strike people on the other side of the map, or people behind you. :smileytongue:

 

3. Let me simplify the question for you, which is better? The base machete or the base 2x4?


1) Oh I definitely got it, you're saying just because CritRate is a god with the machete, it doesn't mean that mere mortals couldn't use some buffs for the machete, despite the fact that it would make CritRate an even more overpowered machete god.

 

My counter to your point "skill skews a weapon's attributes" was that the semi takes skill to use, you have to aim it, however the machete does not. Skill can't skew a weapon that takes no skill to use.

 

And you aim a machete as much as you would aim a KAL-7 or SAS in Uncharted 3, you don't.

 

3) I wouldn't use the base versions of either if I could help it. If this was the "Last" supply crate, I'd go with the 2x4. Otherwise I would pick up the machete in hopes of upgrading it later.

 

2x4vsmachete.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 78 (394 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
105 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

CritRate wrote:

1) Oh I definitely got it, you're saying just because CritRate is a god with the machete, it doesn't mean that mere mortals couldn't use some buffs for the machete, despite the fact that it would make CritRate an even more overpowered machete god.

 

2x4vsmachete.jpg


You can't go around calling yourself a machete god, I'm pretty sure there are others better with that weapon than you are.

忍びの者
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 78 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
370 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

jaynunez83 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

1) Oh I definitely got it, you're saying just because CritRate is a god with the machete, it doesn't mean that mere mortals couldn't use some buffs for the machete, despite the fact that it would make CritRate an even more overpowered machete god.

You can't go around calling yourself a machete god, I'm pretty sure there are others better with that weapon than you are.


It was hyperbole, but I'll play along with this. First of all, I can call myself whatever I want. Just as you can call yourself whatever you want, be it Jay, Bob, Sue or The King of America. The question is will other people believe it.

 

My case that "I, CritRate, am a machete god" is a bold claim, but at least I have video evidence to support my claim, and could provide and produce much more if needed.

 

You say you are "pretty sure" there are others better than me. To that I ask, what makes you pretty sure? Have you been dominated harder by someone with a machete? Are these "others" stepping forward to challenge my self proclaimed title of "machete god"? Have any of them released better videos to show that they are better?

 

Because if not, then me calling myself "a machete god" has more validity than your "pretty sure" belief that there are "others better".

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 78 (276 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/24/2013
Offline
866 posts
 

Re: The Machete

Jun 27, 2013

 

As is the machete is a pretty stupid purchasable weapon. Takes 4 load-out points, plus a good chunk of change to actually buy. It works the same as a dam un-upgraded 2x4!

The machete should be a 1 hit down and have 2 uses.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 78 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes