Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: The Semi-auto.

Jul 17, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

For me, I reckon my best defense against powerful weapons (I don’t feel that any of the weapons are overpowered) is not to get shot….stealth and caution are my watchwords.

Agree with this. just remember the 5 d's of TLOU: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!

I've probably been killed more times with a bow than a semi-auto anyway just due to not knowing where the opponant was.

Oh and my watchwords are cheese and beef :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 107 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3848 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Oh please.

The semi is fine. The bow is fine. The revolver is fine. The burst rifle is fine. You see where I'm going here.

All none purchased loadout weapons are FINE.

If you kill me with any of them, it's a fair kill. There ARE issues with the game, but basic loadout wraps are certainly not one of them.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 107 (395 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 17, 2013
Naughty Dog will no doubt be keeping a fairly watchful eye on the multiplayer metadata; if anything needs tweaking or balancing, I'm more than happy to leave it to the professionals.

Personally, I've found that if I shoot someone in the face with any of the weapons provided, all seem to be quite effective at getting the job done.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 107 (389 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15533 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I agree with the butler. The SAR may be easiest to use, but I dont want anything done to it.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 107 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12997 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

scootgar wrote:
In the EMP v Infectus FN match last night, all six players used the SAR.

That'll tell you something.

It tells me they don't understand the effectiveness of the bow.

They could use either and do equally well. It's just that the bow has a slightly heavier learning curve.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 107 (348 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15533 posts

Jul 17, 2013
A, these guys elite. They know the effectivenes of the bow.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 107 (341 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

scootgar wrote:
In the EMP v Infectus FN match last night, all six players used the SAR.

That'll tell you something.

It tells me they don't understand the effectiveness of the bow.

They could use either and do equally well. It's just that the bow has a slightly heavier learning curve.

Stop wanting nerfs for the Bow

In U3 you wanted nerfs for the Dragon for no reason, just because it was a 2 bodyshot kill and 1 in the head

Now it's the Bows turn? cmon

About the semi out, is no doubt the best weapon in the game, jack of all trades, it kills in 3 shots and it's very easy to use but like many others I don't want anything done to it, it's not OP, same goes for any other weapon, Bow, revolver, hunting rifle, etc

Change one thing the game overall balance will be screwed, DON'T CHANGE A THING ND!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 107 (319 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I fkn hate people talking **bleep**, if You suck at the game, **bleep** and **bleep** and keep the player pool full of pro's with pure love for this game and actually know how to **bleep** play it. Everyone asking for nerves should be shot in the kneecap. Weapon balance is great, its better than most games out there. Just pick the weapon that fits You best and enjoy the **bleep** game damnit.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 107 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15533 posts

Jul 17, 2013
My goodness.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 107 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

Ahh the bow.

To me the bow is the MOST irritating weapon to get killed by in this game.

I'll take 20 molotov deaths to one &&^% bow death.

You know what though, its not over powered. Just because I don't like getting killed by it has nothing to do with it being OP.

Also, I see a reoccurring theme here along with the molotov.

Molotovs  kill players that call themselves elite players. You know what, ITS SUPPOSE TO.

It's a craft-able power weapon and it does its job the way its suppose to, easy enough for new players along with vets.

I don't see any problem with it.

Semi auto? Really?

I use the semi auto and a friend of mine not to name drop here ( this will be the first and last time) , Scott7000 got separated the other day. Scott stands by the burst rifle as being the best gun. When I ran into him, he flat out DESTROYED my semi auto even at long range. I couldn't even shoot back. Every one knows hes a good player. I'm an okay  player and I couldn't even compete with this so called over powered semi auto. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but he also HATES the bow, never have I even heard him talk about the semi.

Everyone hates some other weapon, or thinks some thing is overpowered, it does not mean it is.

I could care absolutely less what ELITE players use on frag nation. Thats frag nation, not match making for this game.

There are more people that play this game non-competitive then there are on that gaming league.

If there weren't you would have to join because you cant find a match.

If I wanted to play frag nation I would, I don't.

If you cater to one group of people you will loose the others.

I can name nearly 40 people from my friends list that left uncharted because of the gmal nerf.

This player base does not need to be lowered.

I am absolutely fed up with this forum and the arrogance that is soaked in it. I cant come on here without seeing posts about my skeeel and your skeeel. I'm elite and your not, you weapon is a scrub weapon, your a noob, he's a noob.

I really think its high time we let NAUGHY DOG do their job.
 I don't care how good anyone is at this game or how elite anyone thinks they are, or how many youtube videos anyone puts up showing how good they are, none of us works for ND, has the numbers, access to true stats, or has created a game of the year title.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 107 (290 Views)