Jul 04 2013
By: kratos_snake__ I Only Post Everything 801 posts

The incentive to keep playing

20 replies 436 views Edited Jul 4, 2013
Here is the thing, Playing TLOU's multiplayer today seemed like a chore after getting the platinum last night. Don't get me wrong it's still better than most MPs I've played, it's just the lack of.. incentive to keep playing. What keeps you playing? Aside from the cheesy "fun" answer.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Re: The incentive to keep playing

Jul 4, 2013
Having fun and competition keep me playing. I don't plan on getting platinum. Never do. I play the story once or twice for fun. Then its mp only.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I'm only level 12 right now on TLoU MP. The online is pretty good, but the fact that there's really only one mode limit replay value to me (I realize there are two, but they both sport the same objective).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (425 Views)
Sackboy
572 posts

Jul 4, 2013
My friends and clan keeps me playing.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (424 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jul 4, 2013

They need to hurry with the dlc, the mp is getting a little stale.

4v4v4 with random infected on map!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (414 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Friends and buddies and supporting ND

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 4, 2013
4v4v4 with infected on the map is one of the worst ideas I've read for a new mode. Congratulations.

Some simple-but-elegant objective modes would be appreciated, as well as co-op of some kind.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (365 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15703 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I know you didn't want the "fun" answer, but that's what it is.

I played 800 hours of UC2 online.   Now, somewhere along the line, I pretty much saw everything Iw as gonna see.  But it was still FUN to play, so I did.

With TLoU, I've recognised there are only two modes, like pdiss mentions. So, I play for an hour or so, then I simply turn it off.  This will ensure I don't burn out before more modes.  And we will have more modes.

I don't care for Co Op infected modes.  Not sure I want to do that.  But I want some Objective modes of one sort or another.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (349 Views)
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 4, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Here is the thing, Playing TLOU's multiplayer today seemed like a chore after getting the platinum last night. Don't get me wrong it's still better than most MPs I've played, it's just the lack of.. incentive to keep playing. What keeps you playing? Aside from the cheesy "fun" answer.

Why do you play any game? If you are doing it for the trophies then that would seem like a "chore" to me. Instead of enjoying the game you are tasking (Chore) yourself with doing certain things inside the game taking away from getting lost in the game and having fun. Sure, being a completionist can be fun, but if your only goal is to complete something, than of course once you "Complete" the objectives, you will feel there is nothing left to do. 

So while you may think "Fun" is a cheesy answer, it is THE answer to the reason anyone would play any game (or replay a game). If there is no fun, whats the point in playing.

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (307 Views)
Wastelander
636 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I've found that what keeps me playing are my friends, and thats pretty much it. Other than that, its FUN. Its not really a cheesy answer seeing as thats why people play games...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (299 Views)
0 Likes