Jul 15 2013
By: Albino_Tadpole Lombax Warrior 102 posts

The losing team on Survivor

9 replies 335 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

I believe ND is too giving with the "pity" toolboxes. Here's a story.

Once upon a time, my team was dominating with 3:0 rounds. I thought we had this in the bag, but then the next round, their team were running around with machetes and armor. So clearly we got destroyed on that round, okay. Then again, they destroyed us with their advantages. Then again. Now we're at 3:3, so the round for all of us was supposed to be"fair."

Nope; their previous match gave them 6 shotgun shells, modded excaliburs, and we, again, ate asphalt. :l

The End. Sooo, watcha thiiink? :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 10 (335 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Re: The losing team on Survivor

Jul 15, 2013

Albino_Tadpole wrote:

I believe ND is too giving with the "pity" toolboxes. Here's a story.

Once upon a time, my team was dominating with 3:0 rounds. I thought we had this in the bag, but then the next round, their team were running around with machetes and armor. So clearly we got destroyed on that round, okay. Then again, they destroyed us with their advantages. Then again. Now we're at 3:3, so the round for all of us was supposed to be"fair."

Nope; their previous match gave them 6 shotgun shells, modded excaliburs, and we, again, ate asphalt. :l

The End. Sooo, watcha thiiink? :smileyvery-happy:

For some reason Naughty Dog loves to baby the losing team, no idea why. It's borderline retarded when you open up a crate to get 2 bombs a molotov, healthpack and a machete. I also just played a game where the losing team got swept, their top player finished ahead of me in parts, when he had 1 kill and I had about 7. It's just stupid. 

Message 2 of 10 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 15, 2013
The few (aka the people who just aren't that great at the game and I say that without insult) speak louder and more frequently then the mant (people who are just capable of playing wether good or bad). So many companies think 80 to 90% of their player is upset about somthing wheb truly its probably only a small 10-5% who are complaning. So these companies always get terrified of these small amounts and bend to their will (even though these complainers probably get bored and stop plsying the game after they get whst they want)

The many unfortunatly get frakked over because they have no issues and so fo not really see the few who complainin g because they arent looking for it. Thusly we get screwed since we do not get our opinion properly heard.
Message 3 of 10 (272 Views)
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I don't have any issues with the welfare system. Especially if it stops people quiting the game when losing.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 4 of 10 (239 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Aug 29, 2014

I don't know if I didn't noticed the reason but today I had a match where my team was domination (3:0). I checked the scoreboard, and what do I see? The top player on the enemy team had 3 downs, 3 executions, 3 deaths and 0 revives. I was the top player on our team and I had: 7 downs, 6 executions 3 deaths and 0 revives. Here comes the funny part:: My score: 2135   His score: 4135!!!! How can this happen?

Message 5 of 10 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2014

HUNSzalage wrote:

I don't know if I didn't noticed the reason but today I had a match where my team was domination (3:0). I checked the scoreboard, and what do I see? The top player on the enemy team had 3 downs, 3 executions, 3 deaths and 0 revives. I was the top player on our team and I had: 7 downs, 6 executions 3 deaths and 0 revives. Here comes the funny part:: My score: 2135   His score: 4135!!!! How can this happen?

He may have been on a 100% mission and getting the 10% bonus. Add in the possibility that his mission could have been crafting and then you have the potential for big time points Could have also been running healer 2 or 3.

.Good support players can rake in the points.

Message 6 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 29, 2014

Mighty-Cheops wrote:

HUNSzalage wrote:

He may have been on a 100% mission and getting the 10% bonus. Add in the possibility that his mission could have been crafting and then you have the potential for big time points.Good support players can rake in the points.

Thanks for the info! :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 29, 2014
Support almost always rules in parts. Here is why: apart from the time, there is no limit. Player gets downed -> revived, hurt -> healed, team does bad -> more stuff to craft. AND charity goes that far, that it offers parts when someone falls behind too much. This even is exploitable, especially in survivors where you get more if you fall back.
It's ND's way to tell us, that support is important. But imagine a game where nobody gets hurt and no one can heal... Because this would happen, if everyone was hunting for parts, running healer and reviver.
GRAB
Message 8 of 10 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 30, 2014

Tacco_Ray wrote:
Support almost always rules in parts. Here is why: apart from the time, there is no limit. Player gets downed -> revived, hurt -> healed, team does bad -> more stuff to craft. AND charity goes that far, that it offers parts when someone falls behind too much. This even is exploitable, especially in survivors where you get more if you fall back.
It's ND's way to tell us, that support is important. But imagine a game where nobody gets hurt and no one can heal... Because this would happen, if everyone was hunting for parts, running healer and reviver.

Great! Thank you!

Message 9 of 10 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6183 posts

Aug 30, 2014

The losing team on survivors is whoever plays survivors.

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 10 (56 Views)
0 Likes