Aug 13 2013
By: deenice619 Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

The " I have never rage quit in a Last of us game " thread.

36 replies 1122 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

You know who you are, your team starts off slow and you are down 20 - 14 even 19-10. Then you just plain give up on your teammates. Who has run into this sh*t storm before. I myself love when people quit because I can get more points and parts. I was down 4 v 2 in one game and stuck it out. We won the game with an additional player joining in late and staying with us but man did I jump on the opportunity to craft and stick with my teammates. It made for some great scores as well.

muddledmuppet has a great youtube video showcasing this Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 37 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: The " I have never rage quit in a Last of us game " thread.

Aug 14, 2013

I got two offical rage quits.

One was we had a good lobby and then people started to quit and the game started using fill in players.

One of which had zero bars.

I came up on him and he froze. I put 4 revolver shots in his head and turned to walk away only for him to regain connection and kill me. Yep, didn't stick around. With my luck he'll be the only player I'll see that match.

Two nights ago bad dead body glitch where the guy was on different places on the map at different times to each of us. Weirdest **** I have ever seen.

Kept getting batted and shiv by the invisible man. I'm out.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 2 of 37 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Aug 14, 2013

deenice619 wrote:

You know who you are, your team starts off slow and you are down 20 - 14 even 19-10. Then you just plain give up on your teammates. Who has run into this sh*t storm before. I myself love when people quit because I can get more points and parts. I was down 4 v 2 in one game and stuck it out. We won the game with an additional player joining in late and staying with us but man did I jump on the opportunity to craft and stick with my teammates. It made for some great scores as well.

muddledmuppet has a great youtube video showcasing this Smiley Happy

I quit all the time, who cares? its not recorded

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 3 of 37 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Aug 14, 2013
I have only done it once. The match was borderline unplayable due to lag, we were losing badly, and after about the 4 time in a row I was insta-killed by a Molotov/moded melee/smoke shiv combo I pulled the rip cord and left. It wasn't a proud moment but when the other players appear to be teleporting from place to place it's hard to land a shot.
Message 4 of 37 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
464 posts

Aug 14, 2013

I have never ragequit.

I dont like when people ragequit, game slows down a lot and as part of winning team you are stuck in a game that should ended 5 mins ago.

What I hate the most is when people ragequit in CLOSE games where the score differential is only like 2.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 5 of 37 (1,035 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Aug 14, 2013

I've never rage quit because i don't want to lose a precious day to complete my mission or get supplies Smiley Frustrated i don't know how some people get such a high level when they rage all the time.

I play survivors a lot and it's a pain the rear end when a team mate rages after the third round, because then we don't get any fill in players.  And if it's the other team that rages after round 3 then we have less people to kill and less parts to get. Arseholes.

Message 6 of 37 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Aug 14, 2013
I'mma keep it 100 I only rage quit once A month ago never did it again XD
Message 7 of 37 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Aug 14, 2013

I got killed by a player who glitched into a box at The Dam. I hit him with one hit melee weapon but it didn't register because he was doing Special Execution in the **bleep** box (it's human height tall). And when he came out, he killed me. **bleep**. But I didn't quit as I was last one standing. But was **bleep** because he glitched inside the box and gain invulnerability.

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 8 of 37 (968 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Lol, people who reply with "I never..." lie Smiley Happy Those who say... "ahhh, my ps3 froze!".. lie, those that say, I got kicked out... lie! Smiley Happy Everyone rage quits a few times at least. Shutting off your ps3, throwing your controller so that it breaks which makes you turn off your ps3, signing out of XMB all of these count as Rage quit.

Everyone has done at least one of them. Whatever be the reason Smiley Wink Just saying.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 9 of 37 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Aug 14, 2013

RyukDG wrote:

Lol, people who reply with "I never..." lie Smiley Happy Those who say... "ahhh, my ps3 froze!".. lie, those that say, I got kicked out... lie! Smiley Happy Everyone rage quits a few times at least. Shutting off your ps3, throwing your controller so that it breaks which makes you turn off your ps3, signing out of XMB all of these count as Rage quit.

Everyone has done at least one of them. Whatever be the reason Smiley Wink Just saying.

-RyukDG

I think that's a fair assessment Smiley Very Happy Most (if not all of us) have had that one occasion where we are faced with a number of factors including a horrible day when everything goes wrong ie at work or school etc, then everything goes wrong when we get on the PS3 and we end up throwing teddy out of the pram. None of us is perfect.

I don't think anyone quitting cos of unplayable lag etc is really rage quitting, to me real rage quitting is when someone does it simply cos they're losing.

I think some people make a habit of it tho, and it seems pretty endemic in this game, probably cos of the meta game. Does anyone know if it's worse in no-party mode?

@op, thanks a lot for linking my video!

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 10 of 37 (952 Views)
0 Likes