Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: The "No Need to Nerf" Thread.

Jul 3, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

NOTHING should be nerfed.   When ND listened to the community during Uncharted 3's beta, they patched it so much that it wasn't as good.  Uncharted 2 got patched to death as well.   No nerf patches, people need to suck it up and adapt.  Keep playing and get better at the game.  I'm not even that good at multiplayer, but that doesn't mean I want it to be patched to even the playing field.  I need to practice and get better.

ND removed stopping power (a major neccessity for balance) from U3 that was in the summer beta, and only after people brought it to ND's attention repeatedly did they bring it back similarly to how it was in the beta.

Your example was incorrect.

And then they nerfed the G-MAL SP by 50%. Flip-flopping at its finest.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 21 of 279 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jul 3, 2013

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

NOTHING should be nerfed.   When ND listened to the community during Uncharted 3's beta, they patched it so much that it wasn't as good.  Uncharted 2 got patched to death as well.   No nerf patches, people need to suck it up and adapt.  Keep playing and get better at the game.  I'm not even that good at multiplayer, but that doesn't mean I want it to be patched to even the playing field.  I need to practice and get better.

ND removed stopping power (a major neccessity for balance) from U3 that was in the summer beta, and only after people brought it to ND's attention repeatedly did they bring it back similarly to how it was in the beta.

The weapon balance is still off.  And I've played fairly recently, there is hardly any stopping power.  I could be aiming down L1, shooting someone in the chest with an AK, and they'll run through it and blindfire/punch me to death.  A game with true stopping power (Gears of War 3) you can't run through someones bullets. If you try, you'll die.  Uncharted 3 is not balanced, The Last of Us is.

Yes, but no one asked for stopping power to be removed during the U3 summer beta. ND did it on their own. Can you remember how bad it was before ND brought it back in by popular demand? There was NO stopping power.

And the balance was impossible to stay the same when only half the weapons and boosters were in the beta. There was no KAL, and no Fleet Foot in the summer beta. Of course it was better.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 22 of 279 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jul 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

Because instead of it being the same SP as the beta they gave it over the top super strong stopping power, while all the other weapons had meh stopping power. Would you rather have it at it's post stopping power patch levels, or no stopping power in the game at all?

Message 23 of 279 (329 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Crap, I forgot my train tickets at home.. *sneaks on using Covert Ops*
Message 24 of 279 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 3, 2013

You know a game is balanced when you see people using a variety of skills and weapons in their loadouts. If something truly were overpowered then everyone would flock to that weapon/skill immediately.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 25 of 279 (317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5983 posts

Jul 3, 2013

UC3 was never balanced at any point in its lifespan ever since subway beta... Anyone who says otherwise is fooling theirselves.

This is the main reason I don't want ND to touch anything in this game

photo Sniper.png
Message 26 of 279 (317 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jul 3, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

VironZZ wrote:
I love the game and don't want it ruined.

Although people are going to keep making such threads as we active users only represent a minority and we see new threads from new users (I hope) on a daily basis concerning the same arguments which are masked or derailed by older users.

Feedback is important and what we like as a community is important. I just think we should find a middle ground for both sides of any argument if possible instead of things being ruined on a whim or pitted to one side.

Aren't you new?

I've been active on these forums since release of this concerning title in question, sorry am I not allowed to post?

If your refering to my minority comment there are over 600,000 users that have played online via TLOU and the people that post on the forums represent a segment of those who play online entirely, otherwise your just baiting :heart:.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 27 of 279 (314 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 3, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

Because instead of it being the same SP as the beta they gave it over the top super strong stopping power, while all the other weapons had meh stopping power. Would you rather have it at it's post stopping power patch levels, or no stopping power in the game at all?

The problem is that Arne had told us that they wouldn't nerf more weapons, because it leads to a vicious cycle. He didn't keep his word.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 28 of 279 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jul 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

The problem is that Arne had told us that they wouldn't nerf more weapons, because it leads to a vicious cycle. He didn't keep his word.

Well we all know the whole thing with Arne. He's a community manager, not a dev. The vicious cycle though is a slippery slope arguement, and only happens in my opinion when the nerf is not done correctly the first time.

And despite this "vicious cycle" the AK and TAU recieved buffs and no nerfs. ND just screwed up bad when they did the final G-MAL nerf. If they had done the change I had asked for in the first place, maybe it would have fixed it all, I could be completely wrong, but because ND was very determined to not divulge and technical info back then or be willing to test out different changes, once they started the only way they would try to fix their mistake would be with another nerf.

Message 29 of 279 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jul 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

But he had that 'stache!!!

fa

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 30 of 279 (287 Views)
0 Likes